Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

bird cooch posted:

Well buddy, I'm really sorry to hear that. I am too, but because I'm immunosuppressed. How long have you been stuck at home? I'm on day 4, although I cheated and drove around my neighborhood yesterday. Still working from home so I have something to do, but Im an aerospace consultant and, well, poo poo is off the rails.

My neighbors just packed up and left town. They didn't say where they're headed.

I'm self imposed for a week now and by order of doctor since last Thursday. I have gone over to my girlfriend's place (since that's where I got sick) but have been otherwise going stir crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Hekk posted:

I am going to have to take my neighbors food if people don’t stop buying everything in our local grocery stores. So far door dash has kept delivering but I might have to find staples on base if the stores near my house don’t restock soon enough.

I got a menudo recipe if things get rough. You could invite a neighbor over for dinner and test it out.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I ducked over to the grocery store and it got hit hard by panic buyers. A fun thing to do is see what people didn't buy out: tofu and various fake meats, salad dressing, kosher foods (there was an intact shelf full of gefilte fish and matzos), alcohol, pre-packaged deli meats and cheeses, chocolate milk, and Hot Pockets were the ones I noticed.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

:what:

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
Neat to see so many people going about their daily business wearing guns! I mean it used to be an occasional thing here in Richmond... Seeing a lot more of it now :smith:

I'm glad I have a lot of retired neighbors to keep an eye on things when I'm out, but I'm also scared for them. Especially the 91 y/o dude across the street and his wife. Making sure everyone has each other's number on our little chunk of the street

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

I dont understand what this graphic is trying to convey.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Chichevache posted:

Running Hillary Clinton as the D nominee led to Trump getting elected, which ended up with all the stuff that has followed.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Defenestrategy posted:

Running Hillary Clinton as the D nominee led to Trump getting elected, which ended up with all the stuff that has followed.

please, theyre still in mourning

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Defenestrategy posted:

Gotcha.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I ducked over to the grocery store and it got hit hard by panic buyers. A fun thing to do is see what people didn't buy out: tofu and various fake meats, salad dressing, kosher foods (there was an intact shelf full of gefilte fish and matzos), alcohol, pre-packaged deli meats and cheeses, chocolate milk, and Hot Pockets were the ones I noticed.

One would think those buying Hot Pockets would absolutely need to hoard toilet paper.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Chichevache posted:

If the Democrats hadn't cleared the field for Clinton, Biden would have been president and we wouldn't have muffed the disease response.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

If the Democrats hadn't cleared the field for Clinton, Biden would have been president and we wouldn't have muffed the disease response.
Beau had just died. He wasn't going to run whether the DNC cleared the field or not.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Arnold got the home decor of a grandmother and I love it

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Torrannor posted:

https://twitter.com/PhilippineStar/status/1239376124917866496

Seems like Mother Earth is getting serious about ridding herself of those human parasites :(

I had the thought today that things might eventually return to some semblance of "normal" but that their might forever be gaps between what you might call normal that grow shorter and shorter

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Canada closing borders to all non-residents and ANYONE with symptoms, citizen or not. Will support residents stuck abroad and help them home when they can. No international flights except for special cases. Americans will be allowed, for now, but that will change soon when Americans starts to infect Canadians.

Commerce unaffected for now.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

EBB posted:

we are trapped in the belly of this horrible machine
and the machine is bleeding to death

Whoever the joker is playing the Dead Flag Blues on repeat needs to stop it right now

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Defenestrategy posted:

So there should be a giant domino labeled "Trump and non-voters" at the start also?

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Park's closed, folks. Moose outside shoulda told ya.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

All I can say is someone come get me when the looting starts and the wealthy are being drug from their homes to be hung from the streetlights. I wouldn't mind burning some banks to the ground with a bunch of rich people in the vaults to roast.

Brown moses needs to start identifying bunkers posthaste.

CSPAM will still hate him

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Canada closing borders to all non-residents and ANYONE with symptoms, citizen or not.

Hadn't heard Western countries taking this turn.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://twitter.com/NeilPHauer/status/1239540018877804544

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

So there should be a giant domino labeled "Trump and non-voters" at the start also?

it'd be a domino after "it's her turn"

You go that far and we're gonna have to do "red baiting", "The candidacy of George Wallace", "Ronald Reagan" and look there's no meme big enough for that.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

TCD posted:

Hadn't heard Western countries taking this turn.

Flights only but:

quote:

The prime minister also said no one who is displaying symptoms will be permitted to board a flight to Canada, and that air operators will be required to complete a basic health assessment of every passenger based on guidelines from the Public Health Agency of Canada.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

New Jersey Gov just said that everything except grocery stores, pharmacies/hospitals, and gas stations MUST be closed by 2000. IF any business stays open there is a mandatory 50 occupancy limit.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

bird cooch posted:

My neighbors just packed up and left town. They didn't say where they're headed.

How to find out you were feuding with your neighbors and didn't even know it

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Defenestrategy posted:

it'd be a domino after "it's her turn"

You go that far and we're gonna have to do "red baiting", "The candidacy of George Wallace", "Ronald Reagan" and look there's no meme big enough for that.

The first domino was probably "the Persians being defeated by the Greeks" and then you can just go from there.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I really want Donnie's current state of mind to leak. This is the worst mess he's ever found himself in and I could really use a boost right now.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The world's response to this thing has been a criminal loving conspiracy.

https://twitter.com/idriselba/status/1239617034901524481?s=19

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Casimir Radon posted:

I really want Donnie's current state of mind to leak. This is the worst mess he's ever found himself in and I could really use a boost right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk0TYETZ4AU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Also people still leave the store brand stuff for last.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The boxes of lasagne noodles left on shelves kill me. Like that is still pasta. Cut it up in pieces after cooking you morons.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

bloops posted:

The boxes of lasagne noodles left on shelves kill me. Like that is still pasta. Cut it up in pieces after cooking you morons.

Or make lasagna

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

:same:

Defenestrategy posted:

*sigh*

facialimpediment posted:

The world's response to this thing has been a criminal loving conspiracy.

https://twitter.com/idriselba/status/1239617034901524481?s=19

Welp. :suicide:

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Matty Matheson's chorizo lasagna is loving killer, especially with the salsa. Weirdly every scrap of chicken and beef was gone from the grocery store, but they still had pork sausage :shrug:

https://youtu.be/ETVjjbAoRxU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

egyptian rat race posted:

Matty Matheson's chorizo lasagna is loving killer, especially with the salsa. Weirdly every scrap of chicken and beef was gone from the grocery store, but they still had pork sausage :shrug:

My husband went checked a couple stores after dropping our dog off for scheduled surgery (he's fine, it ended up being a benign tumor) and he said there was plenty of pork still available. Pork is delicious people, come on

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
They're also self regulated

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
We're loving hosed.

https://twitter.com/dandrezner/status/1239623248100372484?s=19

https://twitter.com/jmartNYT/status/1239623688225468416?s=19

This whole thing is a textbook case where the federal government could be really, seriously helpful, but it's too busy being run by a blithering idiot to even be kindasorta helpful. The states have to pick up the slack, but they don't have that kind of juice and there are plenty of state-level blithering idiots too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Wasabi the J posted:

They're also self regulated

Yeah....

Seems kinda funny now eh?