Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

BgRdMchne posted:

Jesus, a lot of people are going to die of the dts or from drinking sterno

you can still get beer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Unsinkabear posted:

You realize he can declare martial law on his own just like he did with the state of emergency, right?

i wouldnt assume he knows about any of his legal capabilities, but miller sure does

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Homeless Friend posted:

lol uhc no chance, ubi feasible for the short term. very funny that yang could win lol

UHC is possible in the medium term if the insurance or healthcare industry collapses or enough well off suburbanites finally get sick of our demonic system when they get 2k bills for simply getting tested for corona-chan

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Tell us who he is. It's time to get a little Godfather II* up in here

*they didn't kill the landlord in godfather II, stop clutching your pearls

RadDickOwl
Aug 18, 2013

Vox Nihili posted:

Everyone remembering to so the "hold your breath for 10 seconds" test every day?

Uh, what does it mean if I nearly faint

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
On wednesday she will have a meeting with "important" people to bring safety equipment (masks, hazmat suits, gloves and similar stuff) to Sweden. Neoliberal politics in Sweden hosed up (we don't need stockpiles, the market will save us) and now China is coming to the rescue. If it wasn't for all the dead people this would be funny as hell.

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

euphronius posted:

you can still get beer

Oh, good. I don’t know how penn state run liquor stores work

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Already looking forward to tomorrow's presser!

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

dean loving rocks. he's a dsa member and his campaign manager and now top aide is brace belden's fiance

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Hedenius posted:

On wednesday she will have a meeting with "important" people to bring safety equipment (masks, hazmat suits, gloves and similar stuff) to Sweden. Neoliberal politics in Sweden hosed up (we don't need stockpiles, the market will save us) and now China is coming to the rescue. If it wasn't for all the dead people this would be funny as hell.

just in time disaster response plans!! :woop:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

lol

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

https://twitter.com/SteveKopack/status/1239638272734887937

(for newcomers)

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

I've already drank my strategic beer reserves, guess I'm doing a liquor run tonight.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

is that poo poo made out of quinine? maybe it's time to switch back to gin and tonics...

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Trump didn't write this. I'm honestly not sure he's even in control anymore right now.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Fellatio del Toro posted:

they've only been closing dine in

delivery, take out, and drive thru are still open for now in Ohio at least

Yeah but I mean, apparently a lot of fast food places aren't even closing for dine in. Just confirmed this with a cousin who works at one.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

NofrikinfuN posted:

i wonder how many people are going to be murdered in all this chaos

literally anybody without a support network could disappear and nobody could say if they died of the illness

itll be like katrina, but nationwide

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

BgRdMchne posted:

Oh, good. I don’t know how penn state run liquor stores work

beer and liquor/wine are totally separate

you can drive to Delaware New Jersey Ohio new yourk Maryland also

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Homeless Friend posted:

politifact pants on fire

shes to the right of both of them

Only fron your perspective; she thinks she's to their left.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
lol and I was just getting into Spotifys Daily Drive for a mix of news and music I like, for my daily commute

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fellatio del Toro posted:

they've only been closing dine in

delivery, take out, and drive thru are still open for now in Ohio at least

My fast food places have been doing this

The alternative is basically they close for good, which...probably isn't far away if this gets worse or lasts until August

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

lookit that fuckin cliff

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao at the story how Boris Johnson saw this mayor as the real hero in the movie Jaws.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Der Meister posted:

lookit that fuckin cliff

Need to accept dat volatility to stop worrying and get happy.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

RadDickOwl posted:

Uh, what does it mean if I nearly faint

Means you are at the goon median

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
I look at the panic in the markets and think "I will buy now, and sell short".

This is a good thing for all, because I am all, and I. am. all. I. need.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I mean the science is trending towards the treatment either going to be chloroquine/hydrochloroquine or remdesivir or a combo of both so I'm cool if people want to start signal boosting.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/adamkraymond/status/1239639462696685568

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

etalian posted:

lmao at the story how Boris Johnson saw this mayor as the real hero in the movie Jaws.

i hope his painting people riding the bus on old fruit crates hobby is going ok during these dark times

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Actual quote by Boris Johnson posted:

The real hero of Jaws is the mayor, a wonderful politician. A gigantic fish is eating all your constituents and he decides to keep the beach open. OK, in that instance, he was wrong but in principle we need more politicians like the mayor.

It's a real quote.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

area under the curves looks kinda similar to my dumb rear end

is this fuckin pandemic gonna make me re-learn how to do integrals

you reading it in some hosed up way tho
check areas under curve above the hospital capacity line for the real message

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

dude just really wants some loving bob evans.

my wife’s boomer parents love that place and they still stocked up and are staying home

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Burn Zone posted:

I've already drank my strategic beer reserves, guess I'm doing a liquor run tonight.

i have four beers two almost empty bottles of bourbon, a bottle of wine and a bottle of vodka, and a quarter ounce of weed and a gram weed oil. Im not touching the weed until my lungs feel better. In a few days hopefully? So i have enough to last me...two weeks, then i gotta grab my chainsaw and homemade armor and raid the weed store hopefully the warboys dont see me,

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Griefor posted:

What do you think we should be doing in excess of what we are? The reopening of coffeeshops (weed shops) is kind of dumb but beyond that I'm not sure what can be done better right now. Containment is a pipe dream at this point.

Like I said in that quote, the inaction and action based on false information gave me anxiety, at this point there is much less of that. What we are doing at this time seems good to me.

Well, the thing is that these measures take time to take effect, as does the disease.

Why are Brabant and Limburg the heart of the outbreak? Because nothing was done to prevent Carnaval. This gave the disease a foothold in that region and it has been spreading around since then. That’s several weeks and we are still seeing the effects.

Why is it in nearly every little village? I would say that is related to the huishoudbeurs that happened in late February, early March.

So whatever you do takes a while to take effect. In the meantime there will continue to be exponential growth. It will be slowed down a little by the current measures but I still expect it to spread and grow (which is the plan). The hand washing and lack of handshaking will slow it a little, but the measures to limit spread haven’t been nearly as intense as any other country in Europe, and the spread will continue.

quote:

Vanaf 12 maart worden mensen met milde klachten niet meer getest omdat er een landelijke maatregel is om thuis te blijven bij de eerste klachten. Daarnaast wordt er meer getest onder risicogroepen.

This is a bad move because it’s not really being effectively tracked anymore. So we won’t know the number of cases until the hospitals start to overflow. Then they will probably announce stricter guidelines and we will end up in lockdown anyway. But because of the exponential growth rate and slow reactivity of measures, by then it will be a bit late.

My criticism is the same as before, too little too late. We’ll see in a week or two if the current measures do anything to limit the infectivity and death rate, but by then we will have tens of thousands of cases everywhere. At least they are aware that this a serious issue now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

very cool that WV elected one of those tv trial attorneys from the commercials to be governor