Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

"Hmm I bet she has a boyfriend"
"How can I ask her if she has a boyfriend?"
"Good, now I can ask her if she has a boyfriend"
"I am not sure if she has a boyfriend, probably not I guess"
{I don't}
"<surprised exclanation>"
"...just as I said all along, she's single"

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
But Misteru Steakuu-san the drawn version of the Cats gif is a labor of love and a gift from probably god and/or Jesus?

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

Mr. Steak posted:

i appreciate this by the way. i *am* planning on coming back, probably relatively soon. and that'll probably take the form of posting part-timer concurrently with sister make, because she seems to be having a lot of fun and i wouldnt want to selfishly take that back from her.

once i catch up to the manga im translating (12 more chapters!) which should ideally take less than a week to do, i'll suddenly for the first time in like a year, only be responsible for one chapter per week. so my time should open up enough for posting part-timer on a semi-consistent basis. (or maybe i'll start sooner because i'm drat impatient)

and yes i understand that opinions are split on having two timelines in one thread, but suck it up cuz i'm gonna do it. i'll make a thin red banner at the top of each post or something so you vile inattentive creatures can tell the difference.

i appreciate this post too, because i embrace the shitposts and never wanted the thread to get too serious, but also there's a limit. the spamposting of MORE NEET MORE NEET started in a way that was completely deserved. people would post it when i was slacking on my schedule, and they were right to do so. it actually encouraged me to get off my rear end and post more. but, to be perfectly honest i did get a little fed up with it once people started ironically posting it immediately after an update, or in lieu of actually commenting on the updates themselves. when i logged in to see 7 new comments on my thread, only to discover they were all the same quote-post of a gif demanding more neet, that was *not* very motivating.
FCC
and now that sister make has taken over, and she has been doing (with no exaggeration) a truly spectacular job of translating and posting consistently, seeing people continue the heckling targeted at her has made me genuinely angry at times. for me, it was deserved. for her, i dont find it very funny anymore. at the very least, give a "lol this update is great" before quoting the gif or begging for more. because that shows you appreciate what she's doing.

I think a second thread would be better, that way it's easier to keep everything straight. Especially if someone wants to read your posts only, or only wants to read one arc at a time.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

A person who wants that is too weak for NEET anyway

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Irony.or.Death posted:

A person who wants that is too weak for NEET anyway

agreed. in fact I read every post in this thread right to left just to be truly immersed.

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

(Japanese pun, sorry.)

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER

Sister Make posted:

(Japanese pun, sorry.)

Grub-love is the feeling a man has for his food, before it is killed.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Warbird posted:

Welcome to the party! You’ll be wanting to quote that post with the drawing of the dinner plate cat and occasionally switch it up with the doomguy variant to keep things fresh. I think we’re about due for some new spammable macro, but the winds of shitposting are fickle ones indeed.

I think the new meme could be something about posting more NEET before we all die of the roni. Not quite there, but I'm workshopping this one:

This one has promise but it's just too big.
(Funnily enough the original of this meme was posted on January 1, lol.)

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Sister Make posted:

(Japanese pun, sorry.)

Can someone explain the pun?

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET
恋 (love)
鯉 (carp/koi fish)
濃い (dark/deep/strong - in this case, "chiseled")
All of those words are pronounced "koi".

Minami Mii unambiguously wrote "love", but Tohru Nii imagined homophones anyway for comic reasons.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

hydroceramics posted:

I think a second thread would be better, that way it's easier to keep everything straight. Especially if someone wants to read your posts only, or only wants to read one arc at a time.

I really think this would be a bad idea.

I think a banner above the posts is perfect.

McGavin posted:

Can someone explain the pun?

She says 恋 (koi). The other two images are 鯉, koi fish, and 濃い, which means deep (color) or thick or strong (flavor) etc.
http://paintmanga.web.fc2.com/original_manga/003crime/crimemanga33.gif

I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I think it's funny the URLs are all in English.

Edit: Beaten. :(
Like how a koi beats the Earth to summon earthquakes.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

me in the "Rough" panel

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Her manga is about the unrequited love of the chronically single and she's gonna be completely academic about the convo

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe
Tohru is such a bad boy.

It was an inevitability.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hydroceramics posted:

as new readers may have already noticed, i've edited some of the updates with choices so that you can select whichever one you want and it'll link you to where i started releasing that route. i'm working on doing the same for my last crime-neet post linking to sister make's posts.

edit: also, the OG site only has one comment thread at a time for the entire site, so the experience will still be like the original lol

Mr. Steak fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Mar 17, 2020

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it seems i didnt do that for the initial split. i'll do so as soon as i goddamn find my goddamn other account's posts! lol they're buried so far in here

Daily Life of a
Oct 20, 2019

SURPRISE!!

Mr. Steak posted:

it seems i didnt do that for the initial split. i'll do so as soon as i goddamn find my goddamn other account's posts! lol they're buried so far in here

for the record, i have now done so. preparations are set for the final phase of thread. simultaneous neet!

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Foul Ole Ron posted:

*reads Steak posting*

Dearest Steak-kun. Firstly I thank you for all you dedication and hard work when posting neet. The Japanese language is a difficult and tricky one to translate at the best of times. So please understand that not only are your efforts welcome, I actively call you a hero as I read the Mis adventures of Neet-kun.

I also hear your unease at the level of obnoxious screeching by goons for you to post NEET.

In honesty it is all meant in good fun, we really love you and your awesome posting and wish that you and all other NEET posters keep it up like the legends you are.

That being said, post NEET.

:hmmyes:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

but also this:

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

It’s the One Punch Man theme song but when they would yell “One Punch” it’s “Post NEET” instead and when the episode starts all the rest of us are just Mumen Rider trying to survive until panels show up

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

I love this, thank you.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

She wants to know if NEET is packing.

magic cactus
Aug 3, 2019

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.

Grevling posted:

She wants to know if NEET is packing.

of course he is. having a weapon on hand is the most important part of :neet:

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
this girl is insane. She learns he was convicted of killing his parents, then doesn't even hear his version of events, and now she's in love (?)

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
NEET run away, this girl actually DID kill her parents

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

He did leer at and harass that one woman while he was drunk and got his rear end beaten, that has to count.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

what fool spends so long in gay baby jail without getting any

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

It's fun seeing Tohru more alive than he's ever been.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Hot Stunt posted:

It's fun seeing Tohru more alive than he's ever been.

My feelings are contrary and I'm just here for his impending misery

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Glenn Quebec posted:

My feelings are contrary and I'm just here for his impending misery

go reread his numerous suicides, u sociopath

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Mr. Steak posted:

go reread his numerous suicides, u sociopath

While, yes, they are a salve to Tohru's dogshit soul, this timeline requires vengeance as well.

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

(end of page)

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Lol "oh no, how can I fill blank space on the topic of love?"
*proceeds to wax lyrical about his (sometimes difficult) personal history on that subject*

"Nope, I got nuthin to say"

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
Can't wait for him to think about memories of his parents being super in love

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Grevling posted:

He did leer at and harass that one woman while he was drunk and got his rear end beaten, that has to count.

As a kid he also used to flip up girl's skirts to catch a peek.

Lots of experience to draw on.

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

Could you please give us some more NEET Sister Make? Thank you in advance and sorry for being pushy.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you

Hot Stunt posted:

Could you please give us some more NEET Sister Make? Thank you in advance and sorry for being pushy.

MONSTER!!! How dare you be so selfish!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET