Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burning Beard
Nov 21, 2008

Choking on bits of fallen bread crumbs
Oh, this burning beard, I have come undone
It's just as I've feared. I have, I have come undone
Bugger dumb the last of academe

McNally posted:

I do, but it's a Model 1888.

I see many LBH era Trapdoor Carbines are gunshows out here but they are $4K plus. My dad has a cut down 1888 trapdoor he picked up years ago for nothing. Someday I'll do a proper thread on my 1863 dated USN marked Colt Navy revolver. It was my first gun as a 10 year old insane Civil War enthusiast from my dad, who picked it up for $150 in the '80s.

On another old military crap note, I found a 1945 dated Gauze Bandage in the local ROTC supply closet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

So a couple years Stephen King wrote a book, Sleeping Beauties, with his son Owen. In it all the women all over the world start falling asleep and growing cocoons. If you try to cut them out they go feral and start attacking people. The situation gets made much worse by low information idiots and toxic masculinity.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

SimonCat posted:

I watched the debate last night and wanted to know if my memory is incorrect. Biden has repeatedly stated that after Obama was elected that Obama turned to him and said "get those troops out of Iraq." I thought the reason we left was that we didn't negotiate a SOFA that would have allowed US troops to stay.

No you're remembering it completely correctly.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Jim Cramer legit advocating for CLOSING THE MARKET on CNBC right now lmao. This is cool

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Waroduce posted:

Jim Cramer legit advocating for CLOSING THE MARKET on CNBC right now lmao. This is cool

Probably should be physically closed, but I'm assuming he's talking about protecting funny money.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

What'd be the point in that? is it guessing that once all this shakes out people aren't just gonna panic dump stocks the moment they're allowed to?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
McDonalds has closed all dine in services. Open only for drive through/delivery

e: Corporate owned. Franchises have received guidance but no mandate

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Repost from the MN thread:

Looks like everything except retail is getting shut down starting tomorrow.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
It begins.

UPDATE on COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus)

March 16, 2020 - Follow Order of the Health Officer: Shelter at their Place of Residence (PDF). Health Officers from Contra Costa and other Bay Area Counties issue a new Order that is effective 12:01 a.m. on March 17, 2020 and will continue to be in effect until 11:59 p.m. on April 7, 2020, unless extended or rescinded.

March 16, 2020 - All 26 Libraries in the county system are closed until further notice, as a precaution to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. For details, visit ccclib.org.

https://cchealth.org/coronavirus/pdf/HO-COVID19-SIP-0316-2020.pdf

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/electrolemon/status/1239682527939289088

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3912152&perpage=40&pagenumber=1306#post503359484

horrifying study out of the U.K. on COVID measures needed that explains some recent USGOV actions

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
https://twitter.com/hancocktom/status/1239669605586604032?s=20

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Lmao. Keep voting tory

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

From elsewhere

quote:

A couple other thoughts from the front lines. An earlier post discussed that patients with COVID-19 are not dying from acute respiratory failure, but instead are dying from sudden cardiac arrest. That seems to be absolutely correct. No one knows if this is some type of cardiomyopathy caused by the virus or a cytokine storm leading to heart failure. Either way that is frightening.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Waroduce posted:

welcome to the right side of history, comrade cramer

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

pmchem posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3912152&perpage=40&pagenumber=1306#post503359484

horrifying study out of the U.K. on COVID measures needed that explains some recent USGOV actions

ahhh

quote:

A minimum policy for effective suppression is therefore population-wide social distancing combined with home isolation of cases and school and university closure. To avoid a rebound in transmission, these policies will need to be maintained until large stocks of vaccine are available to immunise the population – which could be 18 months or more

who was that guy who told wolf blitzer we would be dealing with it for the next five years?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Don't feel bad. Wolf doesn't remember either

Scope
Jun 6, 2003

SimonCat posted:

I watched the debate last night and wanted to know if my memory is incorrect. Biden has repeatedly stated that after Obama was elected that Obama turned to him and said "get those troops out of Iraq." I thought the reason we left was that we didn't negotiate a SOFA that would have allowed US troops to stay.

SOFA deez nuts

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Well.....I'm sick of winning....and a lot of other people are just plain sick.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Casimir Radon posted:

Well.....I'm sick of winning....and a lot of other people are just plain sick.

https://twitter.com/ajitxsingh/status/1239671120586031104?s=20

America is respected again!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I really miss when we used to bomb these fucks.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Waroduce posted:

Also, mods new thread title:

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Well you can sit on your patio/porch, just don't have diarrhea and leave it outside etc

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Helping because they got it first and “recovered” first.

Uh huh.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Looks like Tom's gonna make it! :toot:

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1239695629812666370?s=19

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

LingcodKilla posted:

Helping because they got it first and “recovered” first.

Uh huh.

They still come out looking better than the United develop the vaccine and only let us have it States.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Godholio posted:

They still come out looking better than the United develop the vaccine and only let us have it States.

So much winning.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
https://twitter.com/R_H_Ebright/status/1239700225599684608

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

loving finally, Hannity is blaming the impeachment for the current state of affairs

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
He's right, just not in the way he thinks.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Godholio posted:

Soft power?! That means you're impotent, right?

BurningChrome
Jan 18, 2020

They said she cooked her own cancers for people who crossed her, rococo custom variations that took years to kill you. They said a lot of things about Chrome, none of them at all reassuring.

facialimpediment posted:

Traitors. All of them.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Spending the last half century dismantling the country wouldn't bug me half as much if they didn't wrap themselves in the flag first

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The Republican Governor of Ohio has:

- Tried to move tomorrow's Democratic primary out
- Realized he does not have the power to do so and sued the state alongside the Secretary of State
- Got rejected by the court
- Didn't give up and

https://twitter.com/jpelzer/status/1239736323352793089

And I'm 100% in favor of what he's doing. Arguably one of the best drat governors in this whole drat country for his responses. I'd borderline vote for the fucker.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Or just setup vote by mail.

Also, hailing a dude postponing an election (admittedly a primary) is a weird loving thing to hail.

I get the health side and it’s arguments. I agree. But elections are sacrosanct.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
We held elections during a civil war.

And if we didn't have ways to keep facilities clean, we wouldn't have hospitals that cure more people than they infect. You can put intelligence, effort, and money into keeping facilities and gatherings sanitary.

Or, of course, use the loving US mail. If you can send classified information with a first class stamp, you can surely send a goddamn ballot.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Fair points, there should be a nationally-funded (but not administered) vote-by-mail bill in loving Congress yesterday, and it's indeed a dangerous precedent. And if it was for the general election, that Governor needs to go gently caress himself sideways.

But for a primary in the middle of this thing? Push it a few weeks. It's not a cancellation and it's not touching the general election. But once again, I could be completely wrong and it's kind of a lovely precedent to set :v:

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
Primaries should be the social club get together with people going "hey, what about them, they seem pretty on the ball, maybe they've got what it takes to whip things into shape." And I guess it is in swing states. In one party states like Maryland or Mississippi, primaries are no-poo poo for real elections where it really counts who you vote for then. So, it depends.

But never, ever trust a politician who wants to gently caress with elections.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Live in Ohio, am Lefty as gently caress, and agree with the governor on postponing the primaries as the least worst solution given the facts at hand.

Ignoring the many better ways we could vote, the fact is that the poll workers are all boomer plus in age and it's not cool to expose them to hundreds of people, many of whom could be carriers.

Its lovely that grandma is the lynchpin of the Greateat Democracy on Earth's mechanism of democracy, but here we are.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
we cant even get enough people to adequately staff precincts to ensure you can vote within a 10 hour period. let alone do it an sanitary fashion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

It's incredible how obvious it is that literally the only reason impeachment went through is because the Dems wanted to protect Joe Biden. Not the corruption, incompetence, or flat out evil. It was all about protecting the candidate that they were planning to run all along.