Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

So does the timer showing on Target: Neptune mean at the end the season track rewards go away, or is it just the time until the window on Neptune closes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

So does the timer showing on Target: Neptune mean at the end the season track rewards go away, or is it just the time until the window on Neptune closes?

Neither. It should only be the end of the "Target: Neptune" event which gives double seasonal XP bonus.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Me and a pubbie got jumped by three rogue agents during a challenging mission today. We managed to kill them, barely. For the amount of pain in the loving rear end they are, the drops should be way better.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Kaddish posted:

Me and a pubbie got jumped by three rogue agents during a challenging mission today. We managed to kill them, barely. For the amount of pain in the loving rear end they are, the drops should be way better.

I had two ambush me solo in the worst spot. I was doing stranded tanker challenging and it was right outside after you block the tunnel. The 2-3 enemies jumped off of the shipping container like usual then I got the Rogue notification. I was freaked because it was such a confined area but then I realized they had spawned ahead in the next fight arena with the fuel pumps you need to blow up. So there was a fence you had to hop at least before they could get to you.

Problem is they ran right up to cover that fence and were set up waiting for me. I hopped over to find exactly 2 small pieces of cover available to me which they had covered from a slightly elevated position. They started shooting me as soon as I went over the fence and I barely even made it to that cover with my shield and armor broken. Oh and they also had an artillery turret and the splash would hit almost my entire area if they shot in the middle (they did). Then to top it off one of them just straight ran up ignoring my bullets and shot me point blank in the face.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, sometimes this game just says "gently caress you, you're dying" and the only thing you can do is accept it.

I then managed to survive a spawn wave of 6 heavy flamethrower dudes that came out in pairs of 2 in close quarters on the catwalks in the ship. I was starting to take it a little personal

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Hakarne posted:

I had two ambush me solo in the worst spot. I was doing stranded tanker challenging and it was right outside after you block the tunnel. The 2-3 enemies jumped off of the shipping container like usual then I got the Rogue notification. I was freaked because it was such a confined area but then I realized they had spawned ahead in the next fight arena with the fuel pumps you need to blow up. So there was a fence you had to hop at least before they could get to you.

Problem is they ran right up to cover that fence and were set up waiting for me. I hopped over to find exactly 2 small pieces of cover available to me which they had covered from a slightly elevated position. They started shooting me as soon as I went over the fence and I barely even made it to that cover with my shield and armor broken. Oh and they also had an artillery turret and the splash would hit almost my entire area if they shot in the middle (they did). Then to top it off one of them just straight ran up ignoring my bullets and shot me point blank in the face.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, sometimes this game just says "gently caress you, you're dying" and the only thing you can do is accept it.

I then managed to survive a spawn wave of 6 heavy flamethrower dudes that came out in pairs of 2 in close quarters on the catwalks in the ship. I was starting to take it a little personal

Yeah those heavy flame dudes were awful, they aren't there on Hard and this was literally my first challenging mission trying out a True Patriot/Pointman tank build.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
matchmaking is not working so please organize on the discor-

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

BadLlama posted:

So I guess my build is pretty solid, bumped my world difficulty up to heroic and been running around doing CP4's without any issue. Is there any easy way to share with an export files or something or is just screenshots?

There is also a hilarious bug at Heroic diff. The Black Tusk minigunners that spawn in the world get absolutely wrecked by the two allied bros that are always fighting them, its pretty funny.

What's the build?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
The bug that makes you unable to revive your teammates is an absolute killer on heroic, and it happens pretty often these days. So frustrating to lose a good heroic run to glitches.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Cyrano4747 posted:

What's the build?

my guess is the same prototypical DPS build everyone else is running.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Dead Like Rev posted:

my guess is the same prototypical DPS build everyone else is running.

What is this ?

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Aww yuss, first run of the American History museum on Hard got me a Tardigrade with a perfect armor roll.

I guess all it needs is a perfect amour on kill modded in.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Keeping it real in New York.

:saddowns:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Yeah, what's "the DPS build"?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Pi Hard leader(s) - feel free to boot me out (The_Locator) if you need space as I fizzled on this pretty drat quick unfortunately. Haven't uninstalled and might be back later when the next season target unlocks (next week?), but I just can't seem to get into the grind to get points and slowly improve my gear.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I think I've got the blueprint for my skill damage build down. It's gonna be a 6 skill tier demo mortar/nades explosives build with a mad bomber china light chest, acostas go bag, and 4 pieces of HW with skill tier and skill damage. Keeping it nice and simple, but with a unique gimmick and an exotic.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Cyrano4747 posted:

What's the build?

Gunner, 4 blues 2 reds, 4pc patriot, MG5 with Strained, Cold Relations SMG with Perfect Strained, Devil Due back pack with Perfect Clutch, Petrov Chest with Unbreakable.

Skills Crusader Shield and Revive Hive.

Crit Chance capped for both weapons, crit damage sits at like 50% without strained but get strained going is how the damage gets flowing.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Jose Oquendo posted:

What is this ?

The established DPS build is:

- Coyote exotic mask
- Two pieces of Providence (for 10% crit chance)
- One piece of Ceska (also for 10% crit chance)
- Contactor's Gloves (for 11% damage to armor)
- Fox's Prayer kneepads (for 15% damage to targets out of cover)
- Run with a classic M1A (Baker's Dozen reward from rank 57 season reward is popular) and whatever else like an SMG.
- Get Glass Cannon (or the perfect variant from Providence) or Obliterate on the chest
- Get Vigilance on the backpack
- Get at least 35% crit chance for your rifle then stack everything else into CHD
- Shred everything

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

e: ^ You'd get more out of that build running an LMG. You're already using Petrov gloves. MG5 or Negev (or Bullet King if you got one) are the current meta choices.

Really feeling the increased roll quality for higher difficulty. :suicide:

Challenging:

Heroic:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

UnknownMercenary posted:

e: ^ You'd get more out of that build running an LMG. You're already using Petrov gloves. MG5 or Negev (or Bullet King if you got one) are the current meta choices.

I think rifle is being used so you don't get insta gibbed? I have a lot of these pieces already gonna toss them on and see how this goes. Just don't have a good piece of ceska to put on for it.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

LMGs are back to being the best sustained DPS now that we're back to launch era enemies. Obviously better in a group when the AI isn't all laser focused on you but they are still good options; keeps the enemies suppressed and not shooting you as well.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

And holy poo poo this is a lot damage christ.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Yeah I’ve been playing all day on challenging and also have noticed no increase in gear rolls. Obviously anecdotal, RNG, etc. I know there’s an increase in exotic drop chance but it seems like it would be more efficient to just run through on hard solo.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Shoren posted:

The established DPS build is:

- Coyote exotic mask
- Two pieces of Providence (for 10% crit chance)
- One piece of Ceska (also for 10% crit chance)
- Contactor's Gloves (for 11% damage to armor)
- Fox's Prayer kneepads (for 15% damage to targets out of cover)
- Run with a classic M1A (Baker's Dozen reward from rank 57 season reward is popular) and whatever else like an SMG.
- Get Glass Cannon (or the perfect variant from Providence) or Obliterate on the chest
- Get Vigilance on the backpack
- Get at least 35% crit chance for your rifle then stack everything else into CHD
- Shred everything

To add to this since it doesn't explicitly spells it out: The named Providence Backpack and Chest Pieces provide Perfect Vigilance and Perfect Glass Cannon, respectively.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

UnknownMercenary posted:

I don't think the 10% difference in damage is that big of a deal when you make up for it with more crit damage. The bonus damage to armor is too good to pass up regardless of your weapon type since 90% if the damage you do in higher difficulty is to armor. For me, the SMG is more of a close range last resort in case someone gets too close for the rifle, and I like how SMGs handle more than LMGs anyhow.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Trying that build but using sharpshooter and the white death, dropping everything in one shot or two max on tough golds. This is silly.

Why cant this be how shotguns are since with a shotgun you have to be within 5 feet for them to work.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Mar 17, 2020

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

UnknownMercenary posted:

I have most of the build above. I swapped from running a negev to running the bakers dozen and my dps went up significantly. The rifle build is for real.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

You can literally use both. There are two gun slots.

For solo Heroic I have a Bakers Dozen and like 3 different LMGs I rotate through depending on the situation.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I have a bullet king and will never use another gun

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

UnknownMercenary posted:

You can literally use both. There are two gun slots.

For solo Heroic I have a Bakers Dozen and like 3 different LMGs I rotate through depending on the situation.

three bullet kings??? lucky you

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Psion posted:

three bullet kings??? lucky you

good movie

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
drat, got delta-03ed right as I was finishing up Roosevelt and now it's invaded and I gotta clear that poo poo, I just wanna do the manhunt thing :argh:

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Looks like the weekly reset has also reset a lot of players' season levels (mine included). It can't be intentional so chalk this up to another bug on Massive's part. If they can't restore our levels then we at least will be able to get the loot again.

With the League that just opened you'll have to hit rank 10 in all six categories to get the backpack trophy. It doesn't seem like there's a requirement for group size so a duo is probably the best way to speed run these missions.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Shoren posted:

the backpack trophy

Just lol if they think I'm wearing anything else other than that loving American flag from all those D1 achievements. I put that on the second I was done with the intro and that slot basically doesn't exist beyond that

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeah but you can have a t-rex

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The "league" part of the season also just started. This part at least is a 6 outcast PVE events. Each event has 10 stages.

Speed run Bunker, DCD, and Potomac on Challenging. Group or solo.

Bunker: Less than 14 minutes for stage 10.
DCD: Less than 16 minutes for stage 10.
Potomac: Less than 16 minutes on stage 10.

Speed run Roosevelt on Heroic. Less than 25 minutes on stage 10. Group or solo.

The other two events are "Burn Outcasts" - 500 for stage 10 and you just set them on fire, don't need to kill with fire - and kill elite outcasts - 250 for stage 10.

I just did Bunker in slightly over 12 minutes so at least maybe the challenging times aren't ludicrous.

Edit: Good timing Massive, the invasion this week is 2 of your 4 league missions :v:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Been farming for Fox's Prayer all week and they just loving put them up in the Clan Vendor.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Shoren posted:

Looks like the weekly reset has also reset a lot of players' season levels (mine included). It can't be intentional so chalk this up to another bug on Massive's part. If they can't restore our levels then we at least will be able to get the loot again.

:v:

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

quote:

UPDATED: Fixed an issue where players would become stuck in an infinite loading screen in the Dark Zone.

In the changelog for today :toot:

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I've probably run Wall Street over 20 times with no Bullet King drop, but I'm still not bored of that loving mission. It's just solid from front to back. I'd have given up a long time ago if I had to do a cleaner mission for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Capn Beeb posted:

drat, got delta-03ed right as I was finishing up Roosevelt and now it's invaded and I gotta clear that poo poo, I just wanna do the manhunt thing :argh:

you can toggle missions to non invaded, though I don't know if you can do it before clearing the invasion first