Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Zipperelli. posted:

What? For real?

Yup, for real.

Article from Kingston University

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Yep. Leaving it open lets it dry out. Less moisture means less critters.

E: f, b

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Oh, amazing. Thirty-odd years of refusing to make my bed (because I didn't see the point!) and the evidence supports me.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

RoboRodent posted:

Oh, amazing. Thirty-odd years of refusing to make my bed (because I didn't see the point!) and the evidence supports me.

Now let me tell you about not wiping

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

(it's real bad, always wash or wipe)

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

Biplane posted:

Man I loving hate that this woman so obviously thinks she's a good writer.

Her posts read like a circa-2002 livejournal with "snark" somewhere in the name.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

ghost emoji posted:

Her posts read like a circa-2002 livejournal with "snark" somewhere in the name.

This burn is like a perfectly-crafted sword that can only kill gnomes: I can admire its precision and beauty but I'll never get to use it in the real world.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012
Are we still tagging ourselves? I’m the 2ft. long black dildo.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Edit: why does warren attract so many moms with imaginations

McGurk has a new favorite as of 15:52 on Mar 4, 2020

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Why do so many people think the opinions of their 8-year-olds should matter to anyone?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
As the French say, truth comes out of the mouthes of children.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

I get all my life advice from 8 year olds which is why I'm having ice cream for dinner

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Enfys posted:

I get all my life advice from 8 year olds which is why I'm having ice cream for dinner

:same:

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.
At the grocery store today, someone mistook me for a store employee. They realized their mistake right away and apologized.

No one yelled, no one was banned from the store for life or was arrested, and no one clapped. What a terrible day.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Enfys posted:

This, but unironically.

Eight year olds never tell you about their spiritual journey, or bitcoin for that matter.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Holy poo poo, this man has never met a child in his life.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
I wish my handwriting was as good as that 5 year old's.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Comments from a (fictional) job-quitting video

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

freeedr posted:

Comments from a (fictional) job-quitting video

So I've been sick the last few days and "your mothers balls learned to swear" just set me off laughing so hard I went into a coughing fit. I'm fine, but that's the perfect response to "did you learn to swear today?" rgtrooper13 is a comedy genius or a very good bot trained on 1000 posts by 13-year-old boys allowed to use the internet unsupervised for the first time. Or, more likely, somewhere in between those things.

Anyway, this was the cheering-up I didn't know that I needed! Thank you, freeedr!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/postidentity/status/1236008494299525120?s=19

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Woke doctor, hashtag Coronavirus

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

You'd think they'd be able to think of something for 2006 if the left side was true.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

America is the only country

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Soooooo what’s the point being made, each disease was concocted by those in power, or those not in power?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
God thinks election season is boring so he throws some spice

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Jay Rust posted:

Soooooo what’s the point being made, each disease was concocted by those in power, or those not in power?

it's probably the Deep State that wants you afraid so you vote for their stooges.
Who else has incentive to downplay the virus atm?

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

I'm pretty impressed that they managed to get every single one of the "FACTS" wrong. That takes skill.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

hyperhazard posted:

I'm pretty impressed that they managed to get every single one of the "FACTS" wrong. That takes skill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sRS1dwCotw

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

The 1918 influenza pandemic ("Spanish flu"), would have covered two election years (1918 and 1920), so that checks out.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

It’s true though, no one ever gets sick during odd numbered years

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/kittynouveau/status/1239621148767371264?s=21

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Anybody who unironically uses the word "clapback" or any variations thereof should be taken behind the shed and shot because obviously they're way beyond any help now

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Zipperelli. posted:

What? For real?

no, not really. it’s definitely better to let it air out for a bit, but leaving it unmade all day allows dust and stuff to settle on it which is bad for you.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
Found this on Facebook.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Master Twig posted:

Found this on Facebook.

poo poo, I had school closed for a while in 2004 because of the hurricanes. This isn't going to "define a generation." They're kids. They see it as a free vacation.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
Were schools closed during SARS? I'm too young to remember the response to that.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

computer angel posted:

Were schools closed during SARS? I'm too young to remember the response to that.

I think this is the first non-isolated closure in the modern school system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Except for regional things like major hurricanes or large earthquakes, there haven't been any large-scale closings in my life. I'm and elder goon, so that goes back to the 60s. I think there were some regional closings for measles and polio in the 40s and 50's. Before that it was the Spanish Flu, although apparently some major cities (NY, Chicago, etc.) didn't close.