Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

I will not use cards; every villager is welcome to chill out and be cool island folk on my island.

Except for Pietro. Pietro can loving die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Your Computer posted:

Thanks. A bit worried that you gotta go through the system settings though :ohdear: I liked how you could just do it right ingame in the other games without potentially messing up anything for other games. That said, I don't know if adjusting the system clock actually would mess with any other games but it still feels a bit more brute-force and less "sanctioned by the game".

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

why time travel when you can instead just be friends with a goon on the opposite hemisphere and go to their island when you get bored of the current season, it's what i plan on doing

At the very least, I like to have my AC clock set up a few hours. I am a night owl and often the stores close and events would happen at times I wouldn't be able to use. I'm all for nite-time AC, but not when I have no choice because of my life demands.

Your Computer posted:

Thanks. A bit worried that you gotta go through the system settings though :ohdear: I liked how you could just do it right ingame in the other games without potentially messing up anything for other games. That said, I don't know if adjusting the system clock actually would mess with any other games but it still feels a bit more brute-force and less "sanctioned by the game".

Might mess up dates for screenshots? I don't have any other time-based games at the moment to conflict with.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

All I know is I don’t want any loving hamsters on my island paradise.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

alarumklok posted:

I will not use cards; every villager is welcome to chill out and be cool island folk on my island.

Send Pietro to me, I'm gonna be doing a whole clown thing in this AC.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

alarumklok posted:

I will welcome all residents to LeBonZone. Residents I like will get the beachfront property. Less favored residents might get tucked away somewhere else. Idk. I just know that the cool kids' club will be chilling on the beach with me, having barbecues and drinking smoothies.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I really adore the wolf aesthetic, but I don't think I can handle a whole island of cranky/snooty villagers. I will probably invite Fang to live with me just so I have one favorite around.

cosmo sex tip
Sep 26, 2005
contains sodium borate, xanthan gum, sucrose stearate, glucose, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase, and fragrance.

i got Chadder in New Leaf and as a Wisconsinite, that's racist

genuinely a little upset about Rover, he's a good kitty and a good boy and i hope he gets repurposed as a villager or something so i can see my good friend again :smith:

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

The Silver Snail posted:

Send Pietro to me, I'm gonna be doing a whole clown thing in this AC.

If I can contain my cold, burning rage when I see him I will send him your way.

Is there any compilation of revealed furniture so far? I'm trying to decide on an aesthetic/name because I know I'll just stare at the island generation screen for like 6 hours if I don't do it now.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

The in-game time adjustment always got me irrationally annoyed at how hard it was to get the time offset back to exactly 0, I'd always end up with a town that was like 90 seconds off from the system time.

Two Worlds
Feb 3, 2009
An IMPOSTORE!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Vice is extremely woke, in the 'rich white trust fund kids and probably rapists who act progressive to look trendy' definition of 'woke'.

Also def care about the abstract idea of colonisation and will run away fast when presented with real-world consequences

Gita Jackson is a black and Indian woman

Two Worlds fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Mar 17, 2020

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Guys a few years ago I came across a AC Amiibo that looked dressed and had my dearly departed Grandmothers name and likeness, I bought it and put it on her grave.
That is my story may I be a Raccoon Goon gang member now?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Does running still gently caress up the grass? Please tell me they took that out.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

They did.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Game of the year.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Can i hook up a keyboard?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Junkie Disease posted:

Can i hook up a keyboard?

even better, you can hook up your phone to an app and then hook the app to the game to type and voice chat through your phone!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Futaba Anzu posted:

even better, you can hook up your phone to an app and then hook the app to the game to type and voice chat through your phone!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Futaba Anzu posted:

I think it might be easier to just do discord voice chat groups via phone, wouldn't it?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Framboise posted:

I think it might be easier to just do discord voice chat groups via phone, wouldn't it?

the audio quality is not terrific for phone moreso with bluetooth headphones mics

compounded daily
Mar 29, 2007

:buddy:
Fun Shoe
Nintendo isn't quite behind everyone else w/r/t online functionality so much as they are in another dimension entirely.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Junkie Disease posted:

the audio quality is not terrific for phone moreso with bluetooth headphones mics

Really? I use a headset for discord while playing on PC that also works for PS4 and Xbox, I can't imagine it wouldn't work on my phone too.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Goons, it's time to start thinking about flags. Anyone have any designs or ideas ready?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Why am I just learning the first two villagers with you are always jock and uchi types? :negative:

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Shneak posted:

Why am I just learning the first two villagers with you are always jock and uchi types? :negative:

First I've heard of this, but I guess it makes sense as those two types are the most "outdoorsy" types.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Shneak posted:

Aren't those two the exact rare ones people always miss about the old ones?

ElTacoGato
Oct 11, 2012

Zuzie posted:

First I've heard of this, but I guess it makes sense as those two types are the most "outdoorsy" types.

It's not something that was officially announced, just one of the Animal Crossing sites (Animal Crossing World, I think?) noticed in all the preview coverage that whenever they showed the starting villagers they were always a Jock and an Uchi, so they tracked it for a while and I guess it's something that held out, so they feel safe stating that's the case.

Edit: It was Animal Crossing World. They have an article about it here and at the bottom include a handy table listing all Jock and Uchi villagers (minus any new unrevealed ones, obviously) if anyone wants to know who they have a chance of starting with.

ElTacoGato fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Mar 17, 2020

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I need a cranky villager.

Squidder
Mar 19, 2003

King of the Cat Tree

Oven Wrangler

alarumklok posted:

I will fight you.

Pietro is bae

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Futaba Anzu posted:

I wonder if we could just emulate the app with Bluestacks?

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Nemo2342 posted:

Well according to the reviews: it takes about a week of RL time before you unlock things like the vaulting pole, ladder, and town tune so I can see people wanting to time travel a bit until the island is in a later stage.
Wait, I've not been keeping up with reviews, where was it confirmed that vaulting pole and ladder were locked to a week in? We've seen them used and crafted in pre-town-hall towns a bunch of times already.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

I used a USB keyboard with City Folk all the time. Text entry is going to be painful if they don't keep that.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The museum loving owns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoQJ1oK6Zhg

That tree of life.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Funky Valentine posted:

The museum loving owns.

That tree of life.

:aaaaa:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Funky Valentine posted:

The museum loving owns.

That tree of life.

new morning routine once this game is out will be to fire up new horizons, make my way over to the butterfly room, sit down, grab my coffee and breakfast and just chill there

DorkBot3000
Nov 3, 2012

My favorite villager, who I absolutely 100% NEED on my island and will amiibo in, is Flurry.:3: The rest I'll just let flow in/out naturaly.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Wait, gently caress, you can force certain villagers in your town with the cards? I'm going to develop an unhealthy emotional attachment to certain ones and then spend money on stupid amiibo aren't I? :argh:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

DorkBot3000 posted:

My favorite villager, who I absolutely 100% NEED on my island and will amiibo in, is Flurry.:3: The rest I'll just let flow in/out naturaly.

This except with Bob, I think. He's been my fav since Gamecube, was in my initial group of villagers there, and I just loved him to death. Was in the first pack of Amiibo cards I opened. It was destiny.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Eiba posted:

Wait, I've not been keeping up with reviews, where was it confirmed that vaulting pole and ladder were locked to a week in? We've seen them used and crafted in pre-town-hall towns a bunch of times already.

It's 4 days for the ladder/pole and one week to upgrade Resident's services to get amiibos and the town tune.

https://www.ign.com/articles/animal-crossing-new-horizons-review-for-switch

"There's just not enough to do for these first few days while the sleepy island is waking up. You can't scale cliffs or cross rivers until you satisfy requirements that span several real time days. To make it worse, resources deplete and reset daily, so outside of fishing and bug hunting you can't even effectively farm for bells while you wait. "

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/03/animal-crossing-new-horizons-review-a-quarantined-life-has-never-been-cuter/

"Nintendo has opted to split your island up with rivers and harsh plateaus, and by the fourth day on your island, you should receive the vaulting pole and the ladder to scale each, respectively."

"The other use is a campsite: tap an Amiibo to your system, and a character of your choosing will visit your island. This step, which unlocks roughly one week into play, is a way to get preferred series characters (though not "special" ones) to move in, as opposed to contending with the game's random-draw assortment of hundreds of creatures."

DorkBot3000
Nov 3, 2012

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Wait, gently caress, you can force certain villagers in your town with the cards? I'm going to develop an unhealthy emotional attachment to certain ones and then spend money on stupid amiibo aren't I? :argh:

As far as I know, yes. That's how it worked in New Leaf anyway. ...It's going to work like that in NH, right? I didn't just just make that up in my head did I?:ohdear:

Edit: ^ oh thank god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Safari Disco Lion posted:

If you don't want to spend $20 per character Amiibo or open 10 packs of cards, and you have an Android phone with NFC, you can just buy the NFC chips for less than $1 and make your own Amiibo.