Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

larper
Apr 9, 2019

emgeejay posted:

it was "negative press covfefe" (coverage) and we all thought he'd died on the toilet

That dude must take some gnarly shits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Radirot posted:

has this happened?

trump is already running to biden's left on healthcare and social security

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

Trump made a tweet back in 2017 that ended in "covfefe", which I think was supposed to be "coffee" but his dumb brain can't spell right. And then he didn't delete it, so people made lots of fun over "lol Trump dumb" overnight.

It's in the same category of dumb lib bullshit as "Drumpf", "unpresidented", and congratulating the Kansas City Chiefs.

tbf it was genuinely funny for maybe 2 hours until the succ brigade got hold of it

Reverence
Nov 1, 2009

Radirot posted:

Hey remember Yang the math guy? How good was his math? Asking for a friend.

giving everyone 1k a month is pretty cheap when you remove benefits from everyone who needs them

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

releasing a global epidemic wouldn't even crack the top 5 worst things the usa has actually done

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Yinlock posted:

releasing a global epidemic wouldn't even crack the top 5 worst things the usa has actually done

but could our government be stupid enough to think it would some how benefit america?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Beijing is the provincial capital of mainland Taiwan, isn't it?

This post owns

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Yinlock posted:

trump is already running to biden's left on healthcare and social security

too bad he’s also full of poo poo.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Marzzle posted:

but could our government be stupid enough to think it would some how benefit america?

they'd probably do it out of pure spite

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Radirot posted:

of course he is, but here's the thing: his supporters do not care

you cannot attack trump as a hypocrite because he and his base do not give a poo poo but you can easily attack biden as a hypocrite

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Radirot posted:

Too bad the DNC actively, genuinely wants to lose.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Tubgoat posted:

Too bad the DNC actively, genuinely wants to lose.
Feels weird to agree with the DNC on something

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yinlock posted:

It is the subplot to Outbreak which is amazing.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Cup Runneth Over posted:

This post owns

remember when trumu got a call about his win and was super pleased to have such a warm congratulations from the prez of china

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

The Xkdc Larper posted:

That dude must take some gnarly shits

theres a reason he talks about low flow toilets and having to flush 3-4 times so often at his rallies.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
so i just saw on the news that trump changed the guidelines from advising against gatherings above fifty people to gatherings above ten people and i just want to get this straight democrats think victory in november is a foregone conclusion because people will blame trump for the coronavirus but while trump is in the headlines actually doing poo poo to deal with the coronavirus biden is encouraging people to defy those orders to go out and vote for him in primaries the democrats are refusing to delay and also bidens making GBS threads all over the idea of using universal coverage to better prevent outbreaks so his plan is to just call a meeting after an outbreak has already happened and do what the advisors say which is what trump is already doing

am i getting this right i feel like i must have been hit on the head or something because this sounds idiotic even by succ dem logic

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Some Guy TT posted:

so i just saw on the news that trump changed the guidelines from advising against gatherings above fifty people to gatherings above ten people and i just want to get this straight democrats think victory in november is a foregone conclusion because people will blame trump for the coronavirus but while trump is in the headlines actually doing poo poo to deal with the coronavirus biden is encouraging people to defy those orders to go out and vote for him in primaries the democrats are refusing to delay and also bidens making GBS threads all over the idea of using universal coverage to better prevent outbreaks so his plan is to just call a meeting after an outbreak has already happened and do what the advisors says which is what trump is already doing

am i getting this right i feel like i must have been hit on the head or something because this sounds idiotic even by succ dem logic

Yeah, you hit it right on the head.

Welcome to Hell timeline.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Some Guy TT posted:

so i just saw on the news that trump changed the guidelines from advising against gatherings above fifty people to gatherings above ten people and i just want to get this straight democrats think victory in november is a foregone conclusion because people will blame trump for the coronavirus but while trump is in the headlines actually doing poo poo to deal with the coronavirus biden is encouraging people to defy those orders to go out and vote for him in primaries the democrats are refusing to delay and also bidens making GBS threads all over the idea of using universal coverage to better prevent outbreaks so his plan is to just call a meeting after an outbreak has already happened and do what the advisors say which is what trump is already doing

listen here jack the DNC knows what ahat tus doing fat dont you think u know what thyou rtalking about obama didnt i worked weith obama to this!

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

aah hh h yuuh uh hungmn hng raprock

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Some Guy TT posted:

Yes and this post is especially accurate because the DNC isn't refusing to delay them. The primaries are state run, the DNC is powerless. And no one is going to know that and Trump is going to blame the Dems. So everyone will think it's their fault anyway. This is going to be effortless to spin

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Biden is the safe choice to loose to trump

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Yes and this post is especially accurate because the DNC isn't refusing to delay them. The primaries are state run, the DNC is powerless. And no one is going to know that and Trump is going to blame the Dems. So everyone will think it's their fault anyway. This is going to be effortless to spin

Will no one think of the poor DNC!

Nevermind the fact that they send agents to crawl all over every State race, and sometimes take them over, they just have no ability to do anything!

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Some Guy TT posted:

the thing I was seeing is the bill the dems put forward guarantees paid sick leave if you have the virus or someone in your family does, and you work at a company with less than 500 employees, and more than 50 unless the small company can survive two weeks without you... and whatever other bullshit qualifications

And trump is going to say "we don't need those qualifications, i don't see why we need those"

and the democrats are once again going to get flanked from the left by Trump

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
i wonder if any of the strong daddy biden voters are going to notice that this is the kind of bullshit him and the rest of the democrats have always been peddling and its idiotic to think theyd be better in a crisis when bernies right there

i mean granted probably not but most of the recent bouts of aggressively terrible democratic policy predate south carolina which was i never cease tiring of reminding people only two weeks ago

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

FRINGE posted:

Will no one think of the poor DNC!

Nevermind the fact that they send agents to crawl all over every State race, and sometimes take them over, they just have no ability to do anything!

They have no legal authority to cancel or move a primary. They are run by the states, most of which are run by Republicans that are refusing to delay them. Hope this helps

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006
Every prediction of what's "supposed to happen now" is huffing a lot of farts because this is absolute chaos and loving nothing about it is predictable. Biden winning, Bernie winning, trump winning, none of it is set in stone. Literally all of them could be dead by the end of the year thanks to our glacial response. A total market collapse is sitting on the horizon and everything that is supposed to be normal about liberal society is going to start to fall apart in 4 weeks and that part is doubly guaranteed because it's obvious no one in power knows what to do.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

when someone takes a dump on the couch, joe's the first person on the scene

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Rah! posted:

aah hh h yuuh uh hungmn hng raprock

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Some Guy TT posted:

two weeks ago

What? No. gently caress off with that. It's been like a year at least.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i'm just glad bernie is around to put forth actual solutions to a crisis even if they are all roundly rejected by congress, imagine if someone running in 2008 had suggested nationalizing all the banks and bailing out homeowners

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
i tried to look up what this is about biden leading the antiebola campaign and what exactly he did and i rather hilariously found an article published on march eighth that contrasts bidens super tuesday win with the ebola outbreak but says absolutely nothing about biden having anything to do with the response to the ebola outbreak

i also found a fact check from the philadelphia inquirer from yesterday saying that trump was a liar for blaming biden for the h1n1 response when he wasnt actually in charge of anything which is quite the irony considering biden himself is bragging about his leadership in regards to h1n1 weird how no one ever tries to fact check him huh

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Cup Runneth Over posted:

They have no legal authority to cancel or move a primary. They are run by the states, most of which are run by Republicans that are refusing to delay them. Hope this helps
Couldn't they have threatened to not certify the results and dared the states to deny their voters?

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Some Guy TT posted:

i tried to look up what this is about biden leading the antiebola campaign and what exactly he did and i rather hilariously found an article published on march eighth that contrasts bidens super tuesday win with the ebola outbreak but says absolutely nothing about biden having anything to do with the response to the ebola outbreak

i also found a fact check from the philadelphia inquirer from yesterday saying that trump was a liar for blaming biden for the h1n1 response when he wasnt actually in charge of anything which is quite the irony considering biden himself is bragging about his leadership in regards to h1n1 weird how no one ever tries to fact check him huh

Biden shoved as hard as he could to help push the Iraq War. Now he says he wants credit for trying to stop it.

Hes a piece of poo poo.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Daikloktos posted:

Couldn't they have threatened to not certify the results and dared the states to deny their voters?

Yeah, didn't they do this with Florida in the Obama-Clinton primary?

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Daikloktos posted:

that would backfire spectacularly when the states released the real results

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
also the new date for the louisiana primary falls outside the approved primary window so the dnc has to decide whether to sanction them or not as far as i know theyve been extra quiet about this entire situation which is why the four states that have delayed appear to have been selected at random

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I don't buy the argument that the DNC is "powerless" to stand in the way of primaries. They don't even have an obligation to hold elections in the first place, so they could, like, refuse to honor the results of a state that held a primary against their wishes.

They're not delaying these primaries because they don't want to.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Maybe powerless is a stretch, but they ain't got the final say. The states don't want to delay them either.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Some Guy TT posted:

bidens making GBS threads all over the idea of using universal coverage to better prevent outbreaks so his plan is to just call a meeting after an outbreak has already happened and do what the advisors say which is what trump is already doing

Biden would listen to the experts unless it meant changing anything or it cost any money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Is there any communication at all between the states and the DNC re. the primaries?