Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Are we in agreement that the Blue line should be treated as a biohazard right now? O'Hare appears to have become a massive bioreactor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Are we in agreement that the Blue line should be treated as a biohazard right now? O'Hare appears to have become a massive bioreactor.
Yeah, I think pretty much any enclosed space with lots of people is a really, really bad place to be at the moment.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

As the sands of the hour glass, so is downstate Illinois.

My home county Sheriff (a guy I went to high school with) was a Dem (but was pretty much there just because his dad, the previous sheriff, was) announced that he is switching parties and becoming a Republican. Here is his post announcing it:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Fearless_Decoy posted:

Yeah, I think pretty much any enclosed space with lots of people is a really, really bad place to be at the moment.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE TOMMORROW

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Dexo posted:

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE TOMMORROW

polling places cant even open due to no election judges showing, disastrous

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.

mastershakeman posted:

polling places cant even open due to no election judges showing, disastrous

Where? Source?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

CaptainJuan posted:

Where? Source?

JB is a loving idiot for not postponing this

https://twitter.com/brprigge/status/1239889341264138242

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
why didn't they postpone the loving elections christ

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.
loving hell this seems like a disaster. I got us mail-in ballots last week and just dropped them in a mailbox, but I can't imagine how many people are/were going to try to vote in person today. Wtf JB

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Holy poo poo. Glad I voted on Saturday.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
My suburb had four volunteers and only one precinct station set up, thankfully it was mine.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Imago Dei in Peoria was dead when I voted this morning.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

just so god damned stupid to move ahead with this
https://twitter.com/erikstrobl/status/1239913244518727682

e:

https://twitter.com/GarrettHaake/status/1239923635067985921

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
If I didn't another reason to vote for Newman. The guy in the kilt outside the polling station saying if you're not voting Republican, vote lipinski would have done it

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Soonmot posted:

If I didn't another reason to vote for Newman. The guy in the kilt outside the polling station saying if you're not voting Republican, vote lipinski would have done it

hey at least this year the Actual Nazi Art Jones signs have been interspersed with the run-of-the-mill chud Fricilone signs

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Meanwhile, downstate, I voted this morning with no problems. Six people working there, and about the same number people currently voting at 9am.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004
I’m working a polling place today, we’ve had less than 5% of registered voters come through so far. I’m sure some have early voted, but it is really dead in here.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
I should probably find a ride in Peoria to vote, but i woke up in a pool of fever sweat and have had a dull, aching cough for a few days.
If I didn't have to walk four miles round trip, I would just walk...

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Wife and I are going to try and vote here at 11. It's an excuse to get some carry-out/drive-thru at least.

Jows
May 8, 2002

Wife and I just voted without issue. Helps that our polling place is really small and right across the street from our house.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
just voted. I will die for Chuy.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Of note: I had registered to vote by mail but my ballot hadn't arrived by yesterday. There was a process in place for that situation, so if you are like me, you can still go in in person (if you want).

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Downstate. I went to go vote at 8. All the usual judges were there but I was the only one voting.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Presidential primary was the only contested race I could vote it here. Still, got it done, and got a whole muffaletta from Jason's Deli for my next few lunches.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Post poste posted:

I should probably find a ride in Peoria to vote, but i woke up in a pool of fever sweat and have had a dull, aching cough for a few days.
If I didn't have to walk four miles round trip, I would just walk...

Uhhhh....those kind of sound like symptoms of Covid-19. I don't know if t you're still dealing with housing issues in Peoria, but I hope you've got something relatively stable because you should probably be self isolating right now and looking to get tested.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004
Primary update: we’re up to 7% turnout, and the boomers I’m working with are all bitching about how the much younger workers at the other precinct didn’t share the small pizza that was given to them.

Edit: the coffee is also a sore point of contention.

borkencode fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Mar 17, 2020

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
My girlfriend works for the States Attorneys office and all lawyers are required to work as election overseers (I forget the actual name) so she has to spend this afternoon driving around to a bunch of different polling stations to check for any problems/irregularities. I'm curious to ask her how many were closed and what turnout was like.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/anacaprana/status/1239934973869727745

lol

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

TMMadman posted:

Uhhhh....those kind of sound like symptoms of Covid-19. I don't know if t you're still dealing with housing issues in Peoria, but I hope you've got something relatively stable because you should probably be self isolating right now and looking to get tested.

My housing issues are pretty much settled, but I can't get tested because I haven't been in confirmed contact with anyone who has been tested to have it.
I am isolating and will probably keep being isolated for a while. Woo!

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Monkey Fracas posted:

why didn't they postpone the loving elections christ

It would give Trump cover to cancel the November election.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Just voted in Naperville about an hour ago. Polling place was open, staffed, and there were only a handful of people voting, no lines. Then again this is affluent and lilly white Naperville so I expected as much. I assume there were problems in Aurora for "reasons".

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
No, Aurora's full of Biden voters.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Well just got back from engaging in pointless bourgeois electoralism, but at least Sanders is +1 in IL. Went around 4pm and it was very empty with maybe three other people in line before me when I got there, 50th ward.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Axetrain posted:

Well just got back from engaging in pointless bourgeois electoralism, but at least Sanders is +1 in IL. Went around 4pm and it was very empty with maybe three other people in line before me when I got there, 50th ward.

How does it look for Halle Quesada? She did a lot for Vasquez last year and sounds really good.

The X-man cometh fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Mar 17, 2020

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU
Does anyone have any sources on who/how/why voting was not postponed and moved to a vote-by-mail system later in the month?

Seems like a lot of finger-pointing and not good answers right now.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

The X-man cometh posted:

It would give Trump cover to cancel the November election.

No it wouldn’t

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Zarin posted:

Does anyone have any sources on who/how/why voting was not postponed and moved to a vote-by-mail system later in the month?

Seems like a lot of finger-pointing and not good answers right now.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/politics/2020/3/16/21182302/pritzker-election-illinois-coronavirus
And

https://www.google.com/amp/s/chicag...len-coronavirus
Probably sum it up. The short of it is that Pritzker says he can’t legally unilaterally change the date. The other point being that there likely isn’t a good date to move it to without it being months later.

I don’t think I saw it answered, but I really don’t know why we couldn’t have moved to all mail-in ballots. I kind of hope we move to do that for November like other states have done.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/ILElectionData/status/1240086932371189760?s=20

cool

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Ventura keeping it tight against garbage Dem Foster, too

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1240079851194892294

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Please win Newman.