Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Barudak posted:

Please go to the Chargers so I dont have to root for him to beat the Falcons twice

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Isn’t the Bucs offense based around the deep passing game? That’s never been Brady’s strength and now at 43 that would be a disaster.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Isn’t the Bucs offense based around the deep passing game? That’s never been Brady’s strength and now at 43 that would be a disaster.

Arians isn't a moron he can run whatever offense Brady wants

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

e: gently caress beaten

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Arians isn't a one-trick pony. He's perfectly capable of running any type of offense to fit player skillset.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That and tons of option routes so being on the same page as your receiver is huge. That's part of the reason QBs have higher then normal INT rates the first year under Arians (Palmer, Jameis). Brady might be able to stop that trend but I'm not sure he has the arm strength to overcome it. Jameis made some absolutely insane throws in tight windows last season down field. Brady can't make those. But at the same time Brady won't make the terrible decisions Jameis did.

Edit: You're kind of wasting Mike Evans if you're not throwing deep to him though.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Yeah Mike Evans head is going to explode mid season if they sign Brady.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Brady will definitely chuck it up to Evans, but he also won't throw it to him in triple coverage either

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

:bisonyes::yeshaha::blessed:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So next season the Pats will have a record of -1 and 16.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Cam Newton requested permission to be traded, which the team is granting. Now it's definitely the end :(

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Browns with a 6% improvement. Gonna go 6.36 - 9.64 next season :hellyeah:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

zimbomonkey posted:

Cam Newton requested permission to be traded, which the team is granting. Now it's definitely the end :(

quote:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Panthers will allow Cam Newton to seek a trade.

"We have been working with Cam and his agent to find the best fit for him moving forward and he will always be a Carolina Panther in our hearts," Panthers GM Marty Hurney released in a statement on the team's site. There's reason to believe the organization already shopped Newton but failed to get any offers in return since the jury's out on whether or not he can pass a physical — something that becomes further complicated as team's facilities remain closed. If healthy, the 30-year-old will likely have his fair share of suitors on the final year of his contract.

I can't think of a quarterback treated worse by his team. From the way they utilized him, to the way they ignored the offensive line and let him take a beating, to how they kept Mike loving Shula around for years only to replace him with Norv Turner.

An embarrassing waste of a generational talent.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I'm sure you guys have gotten a lot of this in the past few days but this thread moves pretty fast.

Obviously, I'm pretty much stuck at home for the foreseeable future because of what's going on in the US right now. Do you guys have any sites/blogs you would recommend for football talk? X's and O's or just general talk is what I'm looking for. For reference, I used to love SmartFootball before the site stopped updating.

Any recommendations are welcome at this point.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

I can't think of a quarterback treated worse by his team. From the way they utilized him, to the way they ignored the offensive line and let him take a beating, to how they kept Mike loving Shula around for years only to replace him with Norv Turner.

Was it Cam who got poo poo on by the owner for his tattoos?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Was it Cam who got poo poo on by the owner for his tattoos?

He was told by Richardson not to get any.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

FizFashizzle posted:

And after all that, beaten and broken, he still was saying that he wanted to stay with the team up until now. He deserved better than what he got from us.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Hmm

https://twitter.com/josephperson/status/1239938787507163136

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Shinjobi posted:

They could still sign Cooper but if he comes back to Dallas it means nobody else wanted him. I've no reason to think Dallas could throw the right number at him.

quote:

The Cowboys and wide receiver Amari Cooper have reached an agreement in principle on a five-year, $100 million contract to stay with the Cowboys, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports. Rapoport adds that Cooper will receive $60 million in guarantees.

Well, there you go. That's something at least, the gang's all here for another shot

kiimo posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/st...927%26page%3D11

I can't begin to tell you how bad this guy is

uhhh what? who the gently caress is this? I've watched a lot of Browns games and I don't remember much or anything about a so-called "Eric Murray"

He has 19 tackles, 0 interceptions and allowed 12 receptions on 17 targets in coverage in all of 2019... dude barely loving played (or at least failed to make an impact while he did play) and you're throwing 20 million at him

hahahaha Hopkins to Cobb... can't even imagine what it would feel like to be a Texans fan right now

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Play posted:

hahahaha Hopkins to Cobb... can't even imagine what it would feel like to be a Texans fan right now

Can you imagine loyalty to any team?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Randall Cobb owns and has the prettiest eyes in the league

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Play posted:

uhhh what? who the gently caress is this? I've watched a lot of Browns games and I don't remember much or anything about a so-called "Eric Murray"

He has 19 tackles, 0 interceptions and allowed 12 receptions on 17 targets in coverage in all of 2019... dude barely loving played (or at least failed to make an impact while he did play) and you're throwing 20 million at him

Dorsey guy, I think we got him as part of the Ogbaugh trade, mostly used him in 3 safety packages

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Yeah I might be a cam fan and not a Panthers fan for a little bit. What a terrible thing to do.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
https://twitter.com/PeteBlackburn/status/1239904733260845057

FizFashizzle posted:

There but the grace of god Russ goes

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Mar 17, 2020

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Chichevache posted:

Can you imagine loyalty to any team?

I can imagine it, sure. I can even feel it a little bit, just not that much

Flikken posted:

Dorsey guy, I think we got him as part of the Ogbaugh trade, mostly used him in 3 safety packages

i think it's time for a wellness check on BOB. these are not the actions of a sane man

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Ravens confused me until I remembered Yanda retired :cry:

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

So who goes after Newton now that Carolina is signing Teddy B?

Tampa?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

OxySnake posted:

Tampa?

Los Angeles Super Chargers like I said like two months ago :c00l:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I guess Panthers are going with Bridgewater :confused:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

But the Seahawks haven't done anything but resign a couple of guys and sign an old rear end TE?

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Hot Diggity! posted:

Randall Cobb owns and has the prettiest eyes in the league

I was hoping LaFleur would get him back because he's cool :(

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Pats and Bucs gonna switch QBs and Jameis is goin to BALL. OUT.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

shirts and skins posted:

But the Seahawks haven't done anything but resign a couple of guys and sign an old rear end TE?

We didn't trade away Tyler Lockett for beans so we're doing better than some teams

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Mar 17, 2020

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Jarrett Stidham is about to average 400yds, 5TDs a game. It's gonna be like the '09 Pats-Titans game, but every game.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

I really don't get the bridgewater deal. the whole rationale they gave for cutting Cam is that they wanted some cap space right? As I understand it this would free up about 19mm.

So why are they signing teddy at 20mm?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Cam to both the Chargers and Steelers is a bit scary. I hope he stays in the NFC.

edit: Tom Brady to the Bucs

https://twitter.com/foxsportsradio/status/1239970723243810826?s=21

kiimo fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Mar 17, 2020

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

OxySnake posted:

Tampa?

God, just, anybody but new england, please.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

If the Bears can't get Andy they should go Jameis

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The real question is, where does Joe Flacco fit in all of this?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Your mom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
imagine jameis with brady's receivers last year

80 interceptions minimum