Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

big cummers ONLY posted:

The dumbest loving takes here. Incredible

everything he posted is true, i imagine you posting badly like this is a direct result of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B_sketchy
May 31, 2019

All FL bars/clubs closed for 30 days.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/YaiSor/status/1...ingawful.com%2F

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Munin posted:

Yeah, calling that poo poo out is not racist. Dubbing the disease the "wu-flu", "China flu". "chop-fluey" all is stupid, inflammatory, and racist, though. The latter is what people are complaining about, so...
also calling it dumb names distracts from the actual issues with how China handled it and also gives the Chinese populace a thing to rally against that's not their shady government

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Munin posted:

Yeah, calling that poo poo out is not racist. Dubbing the disease the "wu-flu", "China flu". "chop-fluey" all is stupid, inflammatory, and racist, though. The latter is what people are complaining about, so...

It's stupid and lazy as gently caress, but what do you expect it's Donald Trump tweeting while busy being personally responsible for allowing it to freely spread here in the US. I just don't think it read like it was meant to be racist.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Munin posted:

but but chop-fluey is so hilarious.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
If you guys keep fighting im not going to do a live video where I share my secret recipe for quarantine bombs

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Savage but fair.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Warbadger posted:

It's stupid and lazy as gently caress, but what do you expect it's Donald Trump tweeting while busy being personally responsible for allowing it to freely spread here in the US. I just don't think it read like it was meant to be racist.

Let it go dude.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Warbadger posted:

The CCP probably does have at least some bearing on the virus' existence insofar as supporting the exotic animal trade (assuming it came from pangolins), regulating the markets it seemingly originated in, and running a coverup during the initial outbreak including at least one case of officially threatening a doctor attempting to draw attention to it. It's not racist or inappropriate to draw attention to these things when the same government is attempting to claim it was planted or originated elsewhere.

Wow.

:bravo:

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Also, the main point of right wing commentators, and Trump, calling that disease dumb names is to deflect the blame and distract their base from how much of a hash they have made of the response.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

It’s a goddamn virus that came from pangolin tits who cares what country it came from

A human sucked them titties and I want to know who it was

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Mnoba posted:

everything he posted is true, i imagine you posting badly like this is a direct result of it

What he said is true but it misses the point of why "Chinese Flu" in a tweet is racist dogshit

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I'm afraid that China is going to go out and kill all of the pangolins now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Warbadger posted:

It was 100% meant to be racist. He has a history of being unapologetically racist and associating himself with racists.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

smoobles posted:

What do we do though when we know this information?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I said come in! posted:

safeguard it. make sure it is never forgotten

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I said come in! posted:

It was 100% meant to be racist. He has a history of being unapologetically racist and associating himself with racists.

man weird how sa keeps people around long enough for tjem to have a history of being racist

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I said come in! posted:

Kill Luke Skywalker.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Is there anyone anywhere that truly believes that there aren't any cases in WV? What is going on there?

And what's the DEAL with airline food?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Are there idiots who think eating Italian food will give you the roni?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Are there idiots who think eating Italian food will give you the roni?

Rice-a-Roni isn't really italian food though?

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Give Trump a break, yellow fever was already taken.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

smoobles posted:

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Flyinglemur posted:

Is there anyone anywhere that truly believes that there aren't any cases in WV? What is going on there?

Nobody goes there unless they are passing through. It's a giant mountain with two major rest stops, and one city that nobody visits.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Flyinglemur posted:

extreme poverty + doctor shortage

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The governor of TN ain't doing poo poo so in 3 hours I guess I'm going to work in a restaurant that isn't even closing the dining area.

gently caress this poo poo.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo we had an all hands meeting that my no-WFH employer was making an exception for three weeks and would allow us to. Note we have access to everything we need via VPN and cloud document storage etc.

At 9:20 AM they sent a follow up email asking us to return to the office on a "rotational" basis. The particular room I sit in has 6 employees. One is self-quarantined because he just returned from Germany, two have no interest in working from home and will continue to come in, and they would like 2/3 remaining employees to come in each day on some kind of a rotation. A net reduction of 2.

Unbelievable.

Giggle Goose
Oct 18, 2009

Sock The Great posted:

Holy poo poo we had an all hands meeting that my no-WFH employer was making an exception for three weeks and would allow us to. Note we have access to everything we need via VPN and cloud document storage etc.

At 9:20 AM they sent a follow up email asking us to return to the office on a "rotational" basis. The particular room I sit in has 6 employees. One is self-quarantined because he just returned from Germany, two have no interest in working from home and will continue to come in, and they would like 2/3 remaining employees to come in each day on some kind of a rotation. A net reduction of 2.

Unbelievable.

One of my coworkers literally had to talk to a guardian reporter and have her publish an article about us before our management let us go home.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

The Human Crouton posted:

Nobody goes there unless they are passing through. It's a giant mountain with two major rest stops, and one city that nobody visits.

on my trip from a northern state to regular VA, I spent about 5 mins in WV, like literally the shortest to go across the state without turning around. .. that's my story.

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

Is it safe for me to go to the liquor store

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Alameda county in bay area, has already announced that they're halting all evictions

I would expect this to roll out to most hot spots in the next 2 weeks

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Cool. I just happen to have an entire extra month's rent available. Housing is important, after all.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

:guillotine:

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

just wow.. Yall shoudl just not pay rent and move the F out

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i work at a bank, retail level and we are probably going to have reduced hours very soon but no word yet. we had a bit of a run on cash but nothing crazy, still lots of currency. today is absolutely dead, so at least all the old fucks who hate computers arn't coming in to cash $20 checks.

im going to head up to my bike shop after work and pick up little things that i might need as they are probably going to close or do by appointment only service and sales very soon.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

drag these people into the loving streets

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

tater_salad posted:

just wow.. Yall shoudl just not pay rent and move the F out

they are probably doing this because they're afraid states are going to start suspending rent or evictions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Raku posted:

they are probably doing this because they're afraid states are going to start suspending rent or evictions

yeah of course they are.