Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Flikken posted:

Y'all are missing the biggest news of today.

Tom Brady is not coming back to the Patriots.

This is the greatest birthday news I've ever gotten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

ASAPI posted:

Yeah, covered all that stuff. She panics when she sees others panic. I was hoping my staying calm would rub off. Instead I'm calm because, "I'm dead inside and the Army killed off any empathy I ever had".

Granted she isn't completely wrong....

Fuckin same. I just went flat a week ago and that's been a big help. Just no emotion, my therapist would be pissed

We also used to have a ranch/farm so she understands stuff better when put into animal quarantine lingo.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

bird cooch posted:

Fuckin same. I just went flat a week ago and that's been a big help. Just no emotion, my therapist would be pissed

We also used to have a ranch/farm so she understands stuff better when put into animal quarantine lingo.

Same. I just went into "deployment mode".

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The silver lining of this whole situation is there is a non zero chance that a mass pandemic will expose the flaws in the capitalist system w/r/t the welfare of people leading to a societal awakening towards a more collectivist perspective on governing in combination with a virus that uniquely targets the old people who traditionally prevent movements like this from organizing and succeeding

Realistically the olds will turbofuck us as the world burns down

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Vasudus posted:

If you have a fever and a dry cough you're in trouble. If you have a fever and a cough and you're making GBS threads yourself, you have the flu.

Lookin forward to the poops

Girlfriend says they are moving to.shifts at her hospital trying for 14 day isolation periods as much as possible. Maersk just shut down crew changes till 4/14.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Tom Brady is signing with the Buccaneers.

Nevermind was fake schefter tweet.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

NC outer banks (Dare County) just closed to non-visitors.

https://www.witn.com/content/news/Dare-County-will-be-closed-to-visitors-568864401.html

This is the same area that parts of it only reopened to visitors about 2 months ago, based on damage caused from hurricane Dorian.

:smith:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

Tom Brady is signing with the Buccaneers.

Nevermind was fake schefter tweet.

It'll probably still wind up true though, imo

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/GuardianUS/status/1239937256804290561?s=19

gently caress

The

DNC

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I'd like to point out NZ slammed through an extra $25/week, permanently, for all beneficiaries as part of our stimulus package

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Vasudus posted:

If you have a fever and a dry cough you're in trouble. If you have a fever and a cough and you're making GBS threads yourself, you have the flu.

so all i have to do is poo poo myself for protection? phew, on it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

My 82-year-old grandpa just called me to tell me about not being able to buy anything at the grocery stores. I told him he didn't have to go out, he can just have us young folks go on supply runs, but he was insistent that he could do it himself. Also my grandma is still working because Hobby Lobby hasn't shut down yet.

Nice knowing you, grandma and grandpa :sigh:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Fister Roboto posted:

My 82-year-old grandpa just called me to tell me about not being able to buy anything at the grocery stores. I told him he didn't have to go out, he can just have us young folks go on supply runs, but he was insistent that he could do it himself. Also my grandma is still working because Hobby Lobby hasn't shut down yet.

Hobby Lobby probably thinks they can pray away the virus. What a shitstain corporation, I’m sorry your grandma has to work for them.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Fister Roboto posted:

gently caress. People just shouldn’t be worrying about this right now. No excuses.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

gently caress Hobby Lobby. Women hating, scared of barcodes, artifact smuggling, ISIS funding, worthless fucks.

My dad went to Fleet Farm a few days ago to buy cat food and all the hicks who make special trips into town to go there were buying tons of ammo.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
My whole county is now shut down. Pot stores are closed. But Home Depot is not.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

ASAPI posted:

Anyone else have a SO that is freaking the gently caress out? I can't figure out how to calm her down.

Same as any other disaster, make plans for what you can and accept that some things are out of your control.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:

I could easily see this as an attempt to reduce the number of available delegates remaining in order to make it harder for Bernie to catch up. Or to make sure turnout is low, but I'm not sure which age group would be more likely to stay home in that case. Otherwise it's just dumb as gently caress and a lot of people are going to get sick unnecessarily.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
DNC: Trying to kill our base to own the libs

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
The explanation I saw was to not give Trump a precedent to delay elections in November.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

bird cooch posted:

The explanation I saw was to not give Trump a precedent to delay elections in November.

Trump cannot delay elections. Only congress has that power.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
And the primaries are not functions of the government like the presidential election is. The DNC and RNC make the rules for themselves.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
I mean, same with the governor of Ohio and yet....

Do y'all think that orange man is going to care about the difference between state and federal? It's not my argument I'm just telling you what people have put out

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

ded posted:

My whole county is now shut down. Pot stores are closed. But Home Depot is not.

Home Depot sells plenty of items that can be turned into a bong with a little bit of creativity.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

Trump cannot delay elections. Only congress has that power.

It won't stop Trump from trying to hurl a box full of monkey wrenches into that machinery just to see if it works. At a minimum he could make a gigantic pissbaby stink about it, and the Senate would probably back him because Republican majority.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I'd like to point out NZ slammed through an extra $25/week, permanently, for all beneficiaries as part of our stimulus package

What's the NZ weed exchange rate

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

The replies are generally great.

https://twitter.com/MassLandlords/status/1239990495243382784

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

bird cooch posted:

I mean, same with the governor of Ohio and yet....

Do y'all think that orange man is going to care about the difference between state and federal? It's not my argument I'm just telling you what people have put out

Yes and we're telling you it's stupid and has no bearing yet here you are

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Home Depot sells plenty of items that can be turned into a bong with a little bit of creativity.

They sell apples?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
i got like 35 grams of concentrates, too bad border is closed

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Want to know what's a real problem?

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/1240006716886003715?s=19

That's a real problem. Four basketball players getting the coronavirus and nobody knows who the gently caress infected them and/or how many people they infected.

Edit: also, in fitting this subforum https://twitter.com/DanLamothe/status/1240007138493292545?s=19

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Mar 17, 2020

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Mass? More like rear end

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

So any heft to FN talking about hydrocloroquine as a cure because if they said the sky was blue I'd bet the farm against it

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

LingcodKilla posted:

Mass? More like rear end

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

https://twitter.com/NYGovCuomo/status/1239970795348094983?s=20

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Is there anyway to mail order dip? Asking for a friend.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Some good news,

https://twitter.com/mattzap/status/1240009497168490497

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Of course you can mail order dip.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/TenantsUnitedHP/status/1240009801075232770

Now this is a curve you want to unflatten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/RoKhanna/status/1240002900971212802

Now we're cooking with gas. Don't start from that bullshit compromised $500 position; start from a good number that would help people and then negotiate with the blood suckers