Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I took too deep of a pull off of that disposable pen last night. It basically knocked me prone, where every small movement required so much thought and effort that it wasn't worth trying to get up again. Taking my comfy off was a herculean task. I can see what you guys were saying about it being a different kind of high though. I'll probably end up sticking to flower after I finish the pen.

I don't understand these things, sometimes when I just sip on one I only get a little bit of high, but if I take like one massive loving long tearing pull I want to die and then I'm completely off my loving rear end for a couple hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Anyone else having to work from home this week and just rolled a joint to smoke at quittin' time?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Bonzo posted:

Anyone else having to work from home this week and just rolled a joint to smoke at quittin' time?

I work for the county so I'm currently sheltering in place and getting paid to smoke weed all day right now.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

You guys should really think about not combusting your weed for a few months. There's some evidence that smokers have been hit particularly hard and being nice to your lungs could mean the difference between "just a mild flu" and hospitalization if your number comes up.

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Mar 16, 2020

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Eh, I'm basically not leaving the house for 3 weeks because of the shelter in place so I dunno if I'm at risk here. I suppose it's possible I already have it and I'm just asymptomatic though. The only thing that can really make me stop smoking is Bannerlord.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

poverty goat posted:

You guys should really think about not combusting your weed for a few months. There's some evidence that smokers have been hit particularly hard and being nice to your lungs could mean the difference between "just a mild flu" and hospitalization if your number comes up.

I have no issues when smoking a joint (no crutch). My flower vape I can only get 3 or 4o pulls in before my throat is slightly irritated. I smoke cigs for 25 years (quit 10 years ago)

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Bonzo posted:

I have no issues when smoking a joint (no crutch). My flower vape I can only get 3 or 4o pulls in before my throat is slightly irritated. I smoke cigs for 25 years (quit 10 years ago)

vapebong is the answer

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

poverty goat posted:

I'll die as I lived thank you very much

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

the best thing about weed is it can't ever kill you. don't gently caress it up.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
this a guy who likes smokin weed and pettin rabbits we can be friends i think

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

i went through this ounce too fast and i need a t-break but it's hard to entertain myself when i'm at home all day

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Picked up an ounce of flower for a snowboard trip and in expectation that the dispensaries may close. Got some really nice Bohemian Brothers weed (great brand, pick it up if you can) as well as Tahoe Hydro and some Fleur strain said to be mixed with some ancient african marijuana. I'm a sucker for a backstory.

I've been smoking some mids recently so it's nice to have the good stuff again

Agrinja posted:

To a point,. coughing is kind of fun and maybe it's the air deprivation but I feel like I get at least a little bit higher if I spend a couple moments hacking.

I don't think there's any doubt this is the case. My personal theory is that coughing raises your blood pressure and allows you to absorb more thc from the lungs, but it's just a theory. It's absolutely true though, the same size hit will make you way higher if you cough.

I hate coughing so I pretty much never do it, it's not worth getting a little bit more high, but it is interesting how that works

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Play posted:

said to be mixed with some ancient african marijuana.

sounds like a stephen king book

Play
Apr 25, 2006

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I took too deep of a pull off of that disposable pen last night. It basically knocked me prone, where every small movement required so much thought and effort that it wasn't worth trying to get up again. Taking my comfy off was a herculean task. I can see what you guys were saying about it being a different kind of high though. I'll probably end up sticking to flower after I finish the pen.

Bummer! Yeah for someone who doesn't smoke all that much you don't even need a full hit from those.. I usually just take slow little baby hits until I'm good. I wouldn't give up completely yet, but yeah if you don't like the feeling I get that.

For my part I mainly use them for tiny morning hits before work, while I"m driving, or while I'm out and about and need something cutty to smoke

If you thought the disposable one could jump on your rear end don't ever get a refillable one. Those ones will loving DESTROY YOU if you're not careful and don't gauge the heat properly. Once you've taken a hit or two you need to remember that massive coil is all hot now and is gonna put out a totally dense, milky hit of strong concentrates

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Laughed my rear end right off at a video, but was afraid to send anyone the link in case it was funny only because I'm high.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
Send it. I'm not watching anything, I'm just sitting here smoking a joint with my kitty cat.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Don't judge :ohdear:

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1239291459766874113/pu/vid/640x480/MiXFUF1tLfUzcuPg.mp4

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

thats a good video

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Holy poo poo that owned.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Holy poo poo that owned.

Rawr Dinosaur
Feb 10, 2012

I'm high and i laughed a lot at this

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

that fucken decarboxylation thing costs hundreds of dollars, just do it in your drat oven like the guy said. second of all don't smoke those pen things only smoke buds. and grow them yourself

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I’m not in a free state so the decarb machine’s promise of no smell decarbing & infusing is the main selling point for me.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Squalid posted:

up until last August, so probably before this study was complete, it was this:

lol. The finest grass grown in the great state of Mississippi!

No loving way.

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

red19fire posted:

I’m not in a free state so the decarb machine’s promise of no smell decarbing & infusing is the main selling point for me.

you can use a sous-vide if you have one.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Royal W posted:

you can use a sous-vide if you have one.

:stare: whoa I never even thought of that.

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

LMFAO this owned

Rat
Dec 12, 2006

meow
Tried my first dab today, that was something else. Size of a grain of rice nothing too out there. Worked great

Might have to get a little water dab piece. Wanna keep my weed options open

El Diablo Bob O
Sep 3, 2011

Hay nada mas,
Oh si' my way!

Rat posted:

Tried my first dab today, that was something else. Size of a grain of rice nothing too out there. Worked great

Might have to get a little water dab piece. Wanna keep my weed options open

Yeah, I had my first dabs a few months ago and was lucky to have a creme brûlée torch and a glass piece. Bought a cheap banger and I was good to go.

Although it worked, an actual dab rig is apparently even better as it's pretty hard to draw slowly from a two foot piece.

Lessons learned and all that. :colbert:

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

poverty goat posted:

Been seeing and smelling so many people smoking weed around my hood and they have no idea what is coming to their lungs.
Vape, edibles, oils and capsules, people.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Entorwellian posted:

Been seeing and smelling so many people smoking weed around my hood and they have no idea what is coming to their lungs.
Vape, edibles, oils and capsules, people.

I will surface from the debris of civilization in the last days of man and light my joint off the still-burning embers of my fallen comrades skulls

in conclusion

weeds pretty sweet

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

poverty goat posted:

i wished i'd remembered this post before carpet bombing my lungs this morning. thanks for the heads up, even the vapebong probably aint the best idea but at the very least it'll make the rations go further

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

red19fire posted:

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/decarboxylation-101-mason-jar

Don't forget the towel, it's what keeps the jar from exploding

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

red19fire posted:

if you do it in a jar there's no smell. google leafly decarb in jar. also google bush did 9/11

El Diablo Bob O
Sep 3, 2011

Hay nada mas,
Oh si' my way!
Woo! Fifth in line.

Getting something good.

Edit:
And since an interview I had scheduled for tomorrow was canceled indefinitely, I can smoke!
:sigh:

El Diablo Bob O fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Mar 17, 2020

CoolRanch
Apr 5, 2019
Went back to carts since theres a new, lung destroying virus in town. Can confirm weed and music is still v good.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Just bought a half ounce, then today I get a notice from the dispensary that they have $100 ounces of top shelf through their pickup app. I'm totally gonna do it, gently caress it. Can't be too careful with potential quarantine on the horizon

Squalid posted:

up until last August, so probably before this study was complete, it was this:

lol. The finest grass grown in the great state of Mississippi!

that's not weed you dolt!! that's like... chopped up pine needles or something

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Play posted:

Just bought a half ounce, then today I get a notice from the dispensary that they have $100 ounces of top shelf through their pickup app. I'm totally gonna do it, gently caress it. Can't be too careful with potential quarantine on the horizon

that's not weed you dolt!! that's like... chopped up pine needles or something

sobs at chicago dispensary prices

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

ive got a half of mids and slightly less than a half of high quality buds plus assorted carts i think im set for the lockdown which im expecting to hit la sometime in the next 48 hours

dispensary said they would stay open even in a lockdown for medical customers and will arrange deliveries for homebound patients

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Mar 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

stoners, make sure you don't overlook your giant rear end cans of mango pulp when prepping.