Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
https://twitter.com/alketrolyat/status/1229205570953060352?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
I've lost a lot of weight recently and had my kids this weekend.

My daughter was giving me a hug and said

"I don't want you to lose anymore weight cause I like resting my head on your big soft belly"

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Usually when my daughter, who is 3, is up to no good, I'll grab her arm and tell her no. It's gentle and gets the point across, and she understands it pretty well. The other day, she wouldn't stay out of the pantry, and I kept getting after her to stay outta there.

At one point, I told her to get outta the pantry, or it was gonna be timeout time. She walked over to me, grabbed my arm and looked me dead in the eyes and said, "No." And went about her merry way.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leavemywife posted:

Usually when my daughter, who is 3, is up to no good, I'll grab her arm and tell her no. It's gentle and gets the point across, and she understands it pretty well. The other day, she wouldn't stay out of the pantry, and I kept getting after her to stay outta there.

At one point, I told her to get outta the pantry, or it was gonna be timeout time. She walked over to me, grabbed my arm and looked me dead in the eyes and said, "No." And went about her merry way.

:3:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Leavemywife posted:

The other day my daughter was trying to climb up on the counter and I told her "No! That is not safe and you're making poor choices. You need to get down."

She walks over to me, puts her hand on her hip, cocks her head to the side and says *WHAT did you just say to me??" :nyd:

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Reminds me of this little girl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN8rL0TsmSE

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

The other day my daughter was trying to climb up on the counter and I told her "No! That is not safe and you're making poor choices. You need to get down."

She walks over to me, puts her hand on her hip, cocks her head to the side and says *WHAT did you just say to me??" :nyd:

My daughter said something similar to me this last weekend and I go “excuse me, what did you just sat to ME?” And she says “nothing, i know not to talk to grownups that way”

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
My kid has sleeping problems that we're trying to get through, involving doctors and more home remedies than you can shake a stick at. Every night, she gets up for a while, anywhere from an hour, up to six. I usually get up with her, so my wife can sleep, and then I get to sleep in for a while.

The other night, we got up, and we're heading out to the couch, our usual hangout spot. I'm carrying her out, saying, "Come on, it's time to go night-night."

She puts her hand on my shoulder and looks at me, saying, "I know, I know, I know."

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I guess she's as exasperated with the situation as you are.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

omnibobb posted:

I've lost a lot of weight recently and had my kids this weekend.

My daughter was giving me a hug and said

"I don't want you to lose anymore weight cause I like resting my head on your big soft belly"
My mom had a lot of issues with her weight (the mental/psychological aspect, not so much the health aspect) and secretly I liked that she was big because she was so nice to hug. Thanks for reminding me of some good memories.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

This one's legitimately funny:

https://twitter.com/KidsWriteJokes/status/1233799480551657472

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
My son, this morning: "It smells like bugs in here!"

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
“Mr Fast Cars I think my brother pooped in my pants”

*holding a triceratops toy*
Me: “what kind of dinosaur is this?”
Kid: “I dunno a trapezoid?”

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Update on the 1 year-old: still says dick, instead of kick, instead of ball. His favorite word is "kittycat," which he uses to refer to cats, but also just says sometimes when he's happy about something.

He was really excited about a ball the other day, and that translated to: "KITTYCAT! Dick dick... dick..."

Life is ridiculous.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Just remembered this one. My parents both were in healthcare (now retired) so at times their reactions to our health could be considered too pragmatic:

One time my sister scraped her knee and was crying & mom was trying to comfort her but she was like :cry: "You just blow on it like it helps any! All my friends have been to the emergency room and have had casts and everything!"

I think she got a bandaid for that lol

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Having healthcare parents really is a trip. Like my father has a picture book about interesting diseases that he just nonchalantly gave to my sister to read when she was a kid.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Yeah my favorite book was one with super detailed skeletal anatomy :cool:

also in the drawer with all the cartoon vhs tapes they recorded off tv, there was a tape with like sex ed for school kids aged 12 (this was when i was 10, as the oldest of 4). the cartoons were fine (one of them ive later learned was "Where Did I Come From" from 1985) but it also had a live birth with the baby crowning & all so we siblings mostly used that tape to prank each other by pretending to put on a cartoon.

Carthag Tuek has a new favorite as of 00:45 on Mar 7, 2020

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Hanging out with one of my 3-year-old students

M: Miss Apples why is your tummy so big?

Me: (deep breath, about to talk about how all bodies are different, etc)

M: (stroking my stomach) Why is it so lovely?

...:3:

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
My daughter got some fake glasses and she goes "Daddy, now we are both big nerds who are bad at looking at things!"

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

omnibobb posted:

My daughter got some fake glasses and she goes "Daddy, now we are both big nerds who are bad at looking at things!"

I love this thread and a lot of people here have great stories but yours always make me :3:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Target 11:28pm

2yo girl: Corona VI-rus! Corona VI-rus!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Beachcomber posted:

She knows what'll save her.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

AlbieQuirky posted:

I love this thread and a lot of people here have great stories but yours always make me :3:

Thanks. She's a sweetheart who is always thinking about others and wants to share everything she has. There's a group of about 5 people here at work who always get excited when I have her and her brother for the weekend to see what she does.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Beachcomber posted:

My 11-year-old a few weeks ago in the waiting room at the doctor's office "I have Coronavirus!"

He was playing some stupid life simulation game on my phone and his character got the disease. This was right as it was starting to come into the American public consciousness, but before everything got cancelled. We got some looks.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Beachcomber posted:

Virus is a very fun word to say.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

My nephew is learning about venn diagrams.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Pastry of the Year posted:

Kid's got a pretty good handle on it.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I'm not sure which one I like more - the Snow Tropers or the Sormtroppers.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Pastry of the Year posted:

SMH that he doesn't think Hoth has a prittey veiw.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Nah, the kid's right. Hoth sucks.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Cardiovorax posted:

I'm not sure which one I like more - the Snow Tropers or the Sormtroppers.

I read that as "Show Troopers" and imagined quite the chorus line, let me tell you.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Well, they currently are working on a Star Wars musical, last I heard, so that may yet become a reality.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

PizzaProwler posted:

Nah, the kid's right. Hoth sucks.

It's got a pretty dope beat, at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRAOdRq-1lw

edit: and a sick breakdown

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Cardiovorax posted:

Well, they currently are working on a Star Wars musical, last I heard, so that may yet become a reality.

Again??!?! Nobody liked the first one!

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My cousin's daughter, barely a year old, patting my belly: "FAT!"

:3:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Again??!?! Nobody liked the first one!
Why the surprise? That's what people said after the second trilogy, but they haven't let that stop them from making yet another one either. :v:

Also, nice to see you still around.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Cardiovorax posted:

Why the surprise? That's what people said after the second trilogy, but they haven't let that stop them from making yet another one either. :v:

Also, nice to see you still around.

WE DO NOT SPEAK OF THE SECOND TRILOGY.

(Thanks! I no longer teach; suck half into curriculum design and into half writing a video game, so sadly not much to contribute. I DID find a bunch of comic strips my kids in Korea made, which I've dragged around the planet for a couple years now- might take advantage of this lockdown bullshit and post those.)

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
4 year old daughter: "Daddy, will you play babies with me?"

Me: "Sure, honey."

Daughter: (hands me a baby) "This baby is dead."

Me: :stare:

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

:drat:

My son (like most kids) loved to use big boxes as forts and stuff. I remember he once climbed into one and chilled for a bit, then sticks his head up for a minute and said, "Papa, you better tape this closed really good so I don't run away and escape IN THE NIGHT?"

Phrasing it as a question just made it 10x more hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

4 year old daughter: "Daddy, will you play babies with me?"

Me: "Sure, honey."

Daughter: (hands me a baby) "This baby is dead."

Me: :stare:

lmao, just heard from my friend that his sons were playing & asked him "let's play house!"

My friend: "but mom isn't home, who'll be mom?"

Younger son: "We can just say there isn't any mom because she was shot — in Africa!"

:kiddo: