Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Are we able to put spaces in the island name? I'm brainstorming names and only 10 characters is frustratingly limited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

I know this is probably a crazy question, but have any of you guys seen the amiibo cards lately? I'm seeing booster boxes for $100 bucks but I rather just pick up a couple packs. Thinking 5 Below or Walmarts out in the middle of nowhere?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

yorkinshire posted:

I'm gonna chill so hard that time stops.

:emptyquote:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Johnny Joestar posted:

for your own island it's mainly aesthetics. fruits from other people's games will sell for a lot more. also only your native fruit can grow into special better ones, iirc, which sell for more, but imported fruits will sell more at a baseline.

I only have experience with New Leaf. If it's the same in New Horizon, if you acquire some Perfect non-native fruit from another town, you can totally plant it in your own town. I had a haunted house surrounded by Perfect Apple trees.

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug
Spouse and I both have a Switch and both bought ACNH. Should we have our own islands and visit each others or just share a single island together? Not sure how much it matters. If it's separate islands should we pick different hemispheres so we can visit different seasons?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

gariig posted:

Spouse and I both have a Switch and both bought ACNH. Should we have our own islands and visit each others or just share a single island together? Not sure how much it matters. If it's separate islands should we pick different hemispheres so we can visit different seasons?

Different islands for fruit!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Had a thought I need to get out of my head: Reggae Slider.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

IG-88 posted:

I know this is probably a crazy question, but have any of you guys seen the amiibo cards lately? I'm seeing booster boxes for $100 bucks but I rather just pick up a couple packs. Thinking 5 Below or Walmarts out in the middle of nowhere?

It's possible to make your own, but I don't know if that's :filez: I asked a few pages ago but no one said.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

IG-88 posted:

I am still waiting on my tag, perhaps it was lost in the shuffle. May I please have a raccoon goon tag?

I too would like to join the Raccoon Goons please, sir.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

in re: to the dual switch discussion,

I have a new switch on the way (sadly, my AC one that was pre-ordered isn't happening as i switched best buy's in store pick-up option to home shipping thanks to quarantine, and instead of shipping the one held in store to me, they released that one and tried to send me one from the warehouse that did not exist ugggggh so i have a grey joy con model on the way) and it's going to be the second switch in my household.

I have a lot of games purchased digitally on my original release Switch and I'm really wondering what's the best way to go about it. All of the main games I'd play I use a cartridge for, but there are a ton of eshop games on the OG. I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do. We will definitely have two copies of animal crossing, but i had originally planned on making both Switches under my main account (with the primary/secondary designation). My main question for those that would know is this-

If I'm playing my profile on the main switch, say with Animal Crossing, and my daughter gets on the secondary Switch also on my profile to play Mario Kart, does it have a problem with two switches being on the same profile at the same time, even if they are playing different games?

In a similar scenario, if I'm on my profile on my main Switch and she's on HER profile on the secondary switch, playing a different game, is that ok?

So freaking confusing.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

gariig posted:

Separate islands is more fun imho, plus for multiplayer you aren't tied to running around together on the same screen with one person "leading".

Hemispheres is more of a personal choice for sure, if one of you wants to be out of sync with your local season then go nuts.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

LODGE NORTH posted:

I too would like to join the Raccoon Goons please, sir.

Me too! So excited for this game.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

in re: to the dual switch discussion,

I have a new switch on the way (sadly, my AC one that was pre-ordered isn't happening as i switched best buy's in store pick-up option to home shipping thanks to quarantine, and instead of shipping the one held in store to me, they released that one and tried to send me one from the warehouse that did not exist ugggggh so i have a grey joy con model on the way) and it's going to be the second switch in my household.

I have a lot of games purchased digitally on my original release Switch and I'm really wondering what's the best way to go about it. All of the main games I'd play I use a cartridge for, but there are a ton of eshop games on the OG. I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do. We will definitely have two copies of animal crossing, but i had originally planned on making both Switches under my main account (with the primary/secondary designation). My main question for those that would know is this-

If I'm playing my profile on the main switch, say with Animal Crossing, and my daughter gets on the secondary Switch also on my profile to play Mario Kart, does it have a problem with two switches being on the same profile at the same time, even if they are playing different games?

In a similar scenario, if I'm on my profile on my main Switch and she's on HER profile on the secondary switch, playing a different game, is that ok?

So freaking confusing.

Sorry I have no answer for your section question but dude, return that grey Switch. There's no reason for you to be unhappy with what you got. That's money you spent and I'm sure you will find another AC switch soon enough.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Macintosh HD posted:

It's possible to make your own, but I don't know if that's :filez: I asked a few pages ago but no one said.

The method and discussion thereof seems to be fine, it's obviously going to be a no-no to start talking about all the places you get your amiibo dumps from (other than your own collection that you're backing up, of course).

IANAM though so YMMV!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/animalcrossing/status/1240035182930989059?s=20

Day -2 patch

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Even Tom Nook is time traveling!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
can we do cusses in our island name? I wanna name my island Hell Zone just for the dumb weeb 'welcome to hell zone' markers I can put around

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Macintosh HD posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amiibomb/comments/5ywlol/howto_the_easy_guide_to_making_your_own_amiibo/

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

can we do cusses in our island name? I wanna name my island Hell Zone just for the dumb weeb 'welcome to hell zone' markers I can put around

If Hell is blocked, you can probably get around it by using a capital I (eye) as a lowercase L.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Eiba posted:

In character creation it asks you to "chose a style" instead of gender, and emphasizes that you can change your style any time.

What a wholesome game.

Clocks posted:

Oh and I'm a huge fan of genders not really seeming to matter? I watched a video on the start and you choose between a boy/girl-looking avatar, but then the person chose a boy and "female" hairstyles/eyes etc were all available, and I remember seeing passport cards and they don't mention a gender. On top of animals having a nametag based on their primary color, that's some dope stuff. (I'm not even nonbinary or anything, and I don't want to make it a big deal, I just think it's a cool feature in a game that's about expressing yourself.)

I'm non-binary and learning about how you get to choose a "style" rather than gender is heckin awesome and I can't wait even harder for this game. :allears:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

And if you don't have an android device/android device with NFC:

https://github.com/AcK77/AmiiBomb-uino

The wiring diagram for the device is in a menu in the app if you can't find a copy online, it's real simple and you only need to do a little bit of soldering. I have idiothands and managed just fine.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

If Hell is blocked then you should do the one proper alternate: HFIL.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
Oh, I have some stuff that uses Arduino. I just was asking because someone was saying they're gonna buy a spare phone to do the amiibombing stuff, but it's possible to do with a $6 part.

EDIT:

History Comes Inside! posted:

The wiring diagram for the device is in a menu in the app if you can't find a copy online, it's real simple and you only need to do a little bit of soldering. I have idiothands and managed just fine.

Yeah, that's what I did. Worked well for me too.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

LODGE NORTH posted:

If Hell is blocked, you can probably get around it by using a capital I (eye) as a lowercase L.

Heil Zone seems worse imo

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Please don't pirate Animal Crossing amiibo cards, I need the sense of petty superiority provided by my 24 official ones.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
You'd think the fact that we've already got confirmation about free updates coming would chill some people the gently caress out who are acting like New Horizons is the Pokemon Sword and Shield of Animal Crossing.

Because some simpletons are looking through the datamined lists and making assumptions like that.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

History Comes Inside! posted:

I just ended up buying a used phone off ebay instead. All you really need to work on it is the NFC stuff so you can pick up deals other people would pass by.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Viewtiful Jew posted:

You'd think the fact that we've already got confirmation about free updates coming would chill some people the gently caress out who are acting like New Horizons is the Pokemon Sword and Shield of Animal Crossing.

Because some simpletons are looking through the datamined lists and making assumptions like that.
oh god please not this whole thing again :cripes:

morcant posted:

I'm non-binary and learning about how you get to choose a "style" rather than gender is heckin awesome and I can't wait even harder for this game. :allears:
it's such a good solution and I love it aaaaaah

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Viewtiful Jew posted:

But it says in-game purchases on the back there is a 10000000% chance this means micro-transactions and not just the link to online sub/future DLC options it means in all the other games that listing is on.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Your Computer posted:

oh god please not this whole thing again :cripes:

Less amount of stuff than a previous entry in a series obviously means less effort was put into the game and it's less good overall! More stuff = better!!

And you just know that line of thinking is gonna come up again one day in the far future when a new Smash Bros. comes out but not every character comes back.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Pylons posted:

Had a thought I need to get out of my head: Reggae Slider.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llao2H4W_5Y

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Less amount of stuff than a previous entry in a series obviously means less effort was put into the game and it's less good overall! More stuff = better!!

And you just know that line of thinking is gonna come up again one day in the far future when a new Smash Bros. comes out but not every character comes back.

I don't want to be that guy, but from looking at the list, I'm noticing a lack of furniture sets and Nintendo items...

And I know there will be free updates, but I figure they would be something in the game at launch

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

s**pig by night posted:

can we do cusses in our island name? I wanna name my island H*** Zone just for the dumb weeb 'welcome to h*** zone' markers I can put around

No cussin' please

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Games As A Service mentality has infected everything.

I personally don't care, especially for a game like AC that I'll play for at least two years, but it is a shame when you'd rather just have the whole game at once without the drip feed.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Games As A Service mentality has infected everything.

I personally don't care, especially for a game like AC that I'll play for at least two years, but it is a shame when you'd rather just have the whole game at once without the drip feed.

If there was ever a game that was designed to be drip fed it's Animal Crossing. A consistent slow feed of content is practically what defines it as a game.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah I'm cool with Animal Crossing doing drip feed GaaS approach so long as I don't have to invest money into it. Holidays being free DLC to release alongside the actual specific holiday seasons is something that feels very Nintendo and I like that.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

I wasted what I am sure would be more money on worse games/content. The core game is going to be amazing. Any DLC, free or otherwise, is also going to be amazing.

And if any of you don't want to buy DLC you can come to my island and I can show you the light.

Namaste

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Is there an estimate on just how big of a difference the furniture count is in this game compared to others?

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
Twitter datamining spoilers:

Gyroids: confirmed GONE except for Lloid
Perfect Fruit: GONE
Museum Art Exhibit: GONE
Redd, Both Resettis, Digby, Rover, Pelly, Pete, Phyllis, Tortimer, Joan, Chip, Nat, Blanca, Brewster, Booker, Copper, Dr. Shrunk, Frillard, Gracie, Kapp'n, Lyle and Lotte, Phineas, Reese and Cyrus, and more: ALL GONE
Shoe Emporium: GONE
Shampoodle: GONE
Gracie's store: GONE
Redd's shop: GONE
Leif's everything: GONE
Roost: GONE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Macintosh HD posted:

I'm of the opinion that talking about it is fine, just don't link to the dumped Amiibo :filez: