Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Pretty cool cosplay idea, upskirt formalwear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

That was pretty cool, down in 110. Time to find food

Edit: at the bar in Gibson's in the DoubleTree.

Boogalo fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jan 26, 2020

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Boogalo posted:

That was pretty cool, down in 110. Time to find food.

Same from 111. I was expecting the chorus to come in somewhere on “Weight of the World.”

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Based on the reaction to Byleth, 2B would probably be decried as "Ugh another sword user"

Therefore the choice is clear: Emil for Smash

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Based on the reaction to Byleth, 2B would probably be decried as "Ugh another sword user"

Father Servo.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

9S but all of his special attacks suck everyone into hacker space where you shoot each other instead. And at the end of every match he completely loses his mind and self-destructs.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Amazing concert. Def worth the drive from Detroit.

Grabbed a shirt and the Replicant/Gestalt ost since I never bought it

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Therefore the choice is clear: Robot on a break

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Zero with Mikhail assist?

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Adam for Smash.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Jackass for smash. Every directional is to encourage fish themed suicide

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

well why not posted:

Jackass for smash. Every directional is to encourage fish themed suicide

I guess running a drug ring would be inappropriate for a family game.

...Or is that just her final smash?

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

MonsieurChoc posted:

Zero with Mikhail assist?

Emil with Mikhail flying in for the Best Boy Final Smash.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Are there any good breakdowns on the music in this game? I don't mean just, "wow this OST is incredible, here's some comments about how the game uses dynamic tracks to do whatever" but something that gets into things like repeated themes or chords or something more technical. I tried looking but most of the stuff that comes up is analyses about the games themes or plot devices etc.

Does Bipolar Nightmare repeat any motifs from other songs? The melody in the second theme (I think it's the part that plays when you're 9S flying up the tower) that's like on a piano or something keeps triggering a feeling like I've heard it in a different Neir song, but I can't think where, and I'm basically illiterate when it comes to music. Am I just losing my mind?

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

You might be thinking of the theme that plays when you fight A2 in the Forest Kingdom, which is a version of Bipolar Nightmare without the lyrics. The piano part stands out there a lot more than the rest of the track. Though I won't cross out the possibility that it might be taking notes from a different Nier song as well.

The most interesting thing I know about Nier Automata's music is that War to War (the theme that plays during the YoRHa invasion at the start of route C) is in fact a heavily re-arranged version of City Ruins.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I'm still a little annoyed that the localizers didn't translate "Boku-Shi" etc into names English audiences would have actually recognized. I know it would ruin the symmetry of all the names but like, nobody knows who Ko-shi is but everybody knows who Confucius is.

e: I'm really just sad I didn't recognize the names though because I took an ancient Chinese philosophy class once and would have totally gotten them

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
On my second full play through of the game. The Amnesia mission means a lot more now this time now that I know 2B is probably biting her lip through the whole revelation

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Steve Yun posted:

On my second full play through of the game. The Amnesia mission means a lot more now this time now that I know 2B is probably biting her lip through the whole revelation

I am pretty sure she knew what was up the moment that the mission began.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Brought my ticket for this back in October, minutes after they went on sale I was in a 2000 person queue. Probably sold out the same day.

Should be starting in ten minutes.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Veotax posted:

Brought my ticket for this back in October, minutes after they went on sale I was in a 2000 person queue. Probably sold out the same day.

Should be starting in ten minutes.

Intermission is about 20 minutes and hang around a minute or so for a cute exchange at the end of the show.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I saw this in LA and really enjoyed it.

Kind of a shame that Weight of the World didn't use the chorus at all but Emi Evans was amazing regardless

Veotax
May 16, 2006

That was great.

Glad to see that OG Nier was the entire first half of the show, was worried that there were only going to be a couple of songs from it. Although they didn't seem to use the choir that much for that half, they were used in almost every song for the Automata half.

Seeing Yoko Taro up on stage was a treat (well, almost seeing him. I had a tall person with an incredibly big head blocking the view). I was surprised that he gave his speech in English.

Kinda wish they had gotten the English voice actors for the interstitials, but I'm not surprised they stuck with the Japanese actors.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
how do i go back and get ending d without doing ending e

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Relin posted:

You can get Ending D and then cancel out before it sends you to E

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Relin posted:

If you've heard things about what happens in ending e then don't worry, you can see ending e without that being a thing.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Organza Quiz posted:

If you've heard things about what happens in ending e then don't worry, you can see ending e without that being a thing.

Yeah it's a very explicit decision that counts as ending e regardless of which one you choose.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Yikes, more reason to dunk on Sartre and Simone

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/dec/27/french-publishing-boss-claims-she-was-groomed-at-age-14-by-acclaimed-author

quote:

In 1977, Matzneff signed an open letter calling for three men on remand accused of sexual relationships with boys aged 13 and 14 to be let off. Others who signed included famous writers and intellectuals such as Jean-Paul Sartre and Simone de Beauvoir.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Posted in PS4 general:

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

The game and DLC are the cheapest they've been at the Humble Store. Cheaper if you have a Choice subscription.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i'm surprised the the max pod upgrades cheevo is only the second least acquired, when the endings one is far less time consuming

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Relin posted:

i'm surprised the the max pod upgrades cheevo is only the second least acquired, when the endings one is far less time consuming

A lot of those materials were unfun to grind.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Relin posted:

People could just "use other methods". In which case the Pod one seems much more likely to be a "what the hell, I'll never do it normally" pick, while people would want to see all the endings, not taking the easy way out for something they'd enjoy, but never get to.

Also, ending Y is the only permanently missable thing in the game. So.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
Sartre and Beauvoir were awful. Yoko Taro making fun of them to the point that their families got mad is yet another point in his favor.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

lol why was square enix, a huge game dev, worried about the estate of some philosopher whos been dead 40 years

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

It sounds like the Jean-Paul Sartre estate is quick to threaten lawsuits and I can see Square Enix not wanting to deal with that bullshit when they piped up. Censoring but drawing attention to how salty they were was the best possible outcome, to be honest.

Coxswain Balls fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Mar 18, 2020

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Yeah they are super litigious and can gently caress right off.

https://twitter.com/yokotaro/status/1241737872073322497?s=20

Yoko Taro on the other hand is a treasure.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Forgive me if this question comes up every dozen pages or so, but I just finished all five main endings, all the way to E. I kinda want to grind stuff and just play some more, fill in sidequests and the like, but the chapter select system is kind of a lot to wrap my head around. What chapter is the best for grinding materials and EXP and the like?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

rotinaj posted:

Forgive me if this question comes up every dozen pages or so, but I just finished all five main endings, all the way to E. I kinda want to grind stuff and just play some more, fill in sidequests and the like, but the chapter select system is kind of a lot to wrap my head around. What chapter is the best for grinding materials and EXP and the like?

Eventually, the best XP grinding is the park rabbit. Materials, though, it depends what you need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

What's SINoALICE like? I'm not a mobile gamer at all, but I need something to fill the Yoko Taro shaped hole in my heart and it's finally getting localized for a summer release.