Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Crampy Grampaw posted:

Gyroids: confirmed GONE except for Lloid
Perfect Fruit: GONE
Museum Art Exhibit: GONE
Redd, Both Resettis, Digby, Rover, Pelly, Pete, Phyllis, Tortimer, Joan, Chip, Nat, Blanca, Brewster, Booker, Copper, Dr. Shrunk, Frillard, Gracie, Kapp'n, Lyle and Lotte, Phineas, Reese and Cyrus, and more: ALL GONE
Shoe Emporium: GONE
Shampoodle: GONE
Gracie's store: GONE
Redd's shop: GONE
Leif's everything: GONE
Roost: GONE

"Your mission, should you choose to accept it,..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Crampy Grampaw posted:

Twitter datamining spoilers:

Redd, Both Resettis, Digby, Rover, Pelly, Pete, Phyllis, Tortimer, Joan, Chip, Nat, Blanca, Brewster, Booker, Copper, Dr. Shrunk, Frillard, Gracie, Kapp'n, Lyle and Lotte, Phineas, Reese and Cyrus, and more: ALL GONE

This is at least partially wrong

Tons of those NPC's appear in the datamined data under special NPC's

https://pastebin.com/xRS6E5VM

Don't click it if you don't wanna see

I have no idea about the other stuff because I've not gone out of my way to look for it but if that part is wrong then I wouldn't trust the source for the rest of it if it's the same place.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Mar 18, 2020

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

with nintendo doing special online events i 100% expect a fair amount of stuff not in the base game to appear in those events

even if they don't everything that's here looks so goddamn good and engaging that i don't really care.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Mar 18, 2020

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Where can I read the datamine

mostly interested in what villagers are in tbh

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Meridian posted:

Me too! So excited for this game.

Very unfortunate post :rip:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Where can I read the datamine

mostly interested in what villagers are in tbh

https://mobile.twitter.com/NWPlayer123

This person's timeline

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Crampy Grampaw posted:

I'm alright with all of this except one and I won't say which one because I just can't do it

History Comes Inside! posted:

This is at least partially wrong

Tons of those NPC's appear in the datamined data under special NPC's

https://pastebin.com/xRS6E5VM

Don't click it if you don't wanna see

I have no idea about the other stuff because I've not gone out of my way to look for it but if that part is wrong then I wouldn't trust the source for the rest of it if it's the same place.

Nevermind I am now alright with all of this

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

That all sounds like a great dlc down the road.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Crampy Grampaw posted:

Joan: ALL GONE

WOOOOOW. Uh, yikes, that's quite the stinker. I think I may have to move on to full-force hacker rather than mere time traveller. Without that method of making money I really don't know what else there is, I'm not shaking trees and fishing for millions of bells.

Unless that second link is actually confirming them as in, then fine, but what a roller coaster I didn't ever need today or ever.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

The stalk market is still in but a different NPC is taking over Joan's job

e: Same story for the fishing/bug catching/etc contests

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

The direct showed there's a new turnip seller. Joan died from being too old, RIP. Or her old bones doesn't like air travel.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Khanstant posted:

WOOOOOW. Uh, yikes, that's quite the stinker. I think I may have to move on to full-force hacker rather than mere time traveller. Without that method of making money I really don't know what else there is, I'm not shaking trees and fishing for millions of bells.

Unless that second link is actually confirming them as in, then fine, but what a roller coaster I didn't ever need today or ever.

There is a little hog who sells turnips. Probably a relative.

E: beaten.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Khanstant posted:

We already have seen who’s selling turnips in this game. The stalk market is in.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Thank you for that swift assist all! I am very emotionally unstable today, that reassurance actually made me feel good.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Doctor Reynolds posted:

The direct showed there's a new turnip seller. Joan died from being too old, RIP. Or her old bones doesn't like air travel.

Living in retirement luxury on Turnip Island

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

We've seen her talked about in the present tense, Joan is fine.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

joan will be in the game as a placeable item

a pig roast

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

As a reminder you need to say 'please' when requesting a gangtags, or dark and terrible things will happen to you.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Macintosh HD posted:

It's possible to make your own, but I don't know if that's :filez: I asked a few pages ago but no one said.

I am seeing an entire booster box for series 2 and for series 3 for less than $100 a piece. If only it was guaranteed to have one of each.

Wish Nintendo would just release a new series with all of them. Or a special package with all of them. I'm going to go shopping now to see if I see any old stock. I know that poo poo has to be out there somewhere.

I refuse to pay some rear end in a top hat $13 for one pack. Which is why the booster box seems like a good idea.

Edit:

Infinitum posted:

As a reminder you need to say 'please' when requesting a gangtags, or dark and terrible things will happen to you.

Yes please, I would love a second gang tag.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hey series 2 and 3 you could buy 'em and hope you strike gold with an Ankha or Marshal, recoup your investment!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Policenaut posted:

Hey series 2 and 3 you could buy 'em and hope you strike gold with an Ankha or Marshal, recoup your investment!

Wait, where can you buy them?

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Policenaut posted:

MARSHAL? Wow, that's a surprise.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

IG-88 posted:

Having my friend explain the tier-list (and the villager black market) was an eye-opening experience.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

IG-88 posted:

He consistently ranks among the most popular villagers and before amiibo compatibility he was the most expensive villager on villager trading forums.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

IG-88 posted:

Yeah for some reason Marshal the K-Pop squirrel is routinely one of, if not THE most expensive amiibo card on the market. I took a glance at eBay and he's $40 minimum there and $50 minimum on Amazon.

If they ever make Bowie Cat into a card he'll probably be super expensive someday too...

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
I remember when I first got New Leaf, Marshal was one of the first residents of my town. He still is, and I've grown to love him

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sexpig by night posted:

can we do cusses in our island name? I wanna name my island Hell Zone just for the dumb weeb 'welcome to hell zone' markers I can put around

Heck Zone is right there. :colbert:

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

The booster boxes are on Amazon by the way. $80-$100 depending on the series. 18 packs each. What do you guys think?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

IG-88 posted:

The booster boxes are on Amazon by the way. $80-$100 depending on the series. 18 packs each. What do you guys think?

If you want a particular villager and have an Android NFC capable phone or 3DS CFW, you can make amiibo cards for the villagers you want

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
From what I saw Marshal easily beats Ankha, and most/all others, in terms of prices his cards could rise to, yeah. It was surprising.

IG-88 posted:

If you want a chance at making money, it's an interesting gamble. If you want a particular character, just look for them specifically or do the above.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Mar 18, 2020

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Willo567 posted:

If you want a particular villager and have an Android NFC capable phone or 3DS CFW, you can make amiibo cards for the villagers you want

That's the thing, no android stuff here. And this whole thing scratches that itch of having to get them all so I can pass them down to my kids and then they sell them for pennies on the dollar at an estate sale.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Willo567 posted:

And if you don't there are still alternatives to dropping $100, unless you really want those cards.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I get Ankha, badass egyptian goddess cat thing. What's the deal with Marshal? Looks like a mean squirrel?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

he looks like sasuke

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

How many cards are there? I could relatively easily make the cards and then just put them in a box that we pass around.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

He looks like a K-Pop idol.

Nemo2342 posted:

Having my friend explain the tier-list (and the villager black market) was an eye-opening experience.

Oh man I need to hear about this tier list because I try to keep away from most AC communities out of fear but I gotta learn more about that.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

wheres rosie!!! where is she!!!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Crampy Grampaw posted:

Booker, Copper: ALL GONE

gently caress you Nintendo

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

LODGE NORTH posted:

How many cards are there? I could relatively easily make the cards and then just put them in a box that we pass around.

this is very a cool and nice idea but in all seriousness probably not a good idea to do something like this, right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Stux posted:

this is very a cool and nice idea but in all seriousness probably not a good idea to do something like this, right now

I got so caught up in AC that I forgot COVID19 is a whole thing happening right outside our doors.