Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

JHVH-1 posted:

he’s always taken it seriously, the Chinese Virus

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1240243188708839424?s=21

okay but there is a tweet somewhere of him calling it a hoax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

The Alpha Centauri posted:

okay but there is a tweet somewhere of him calling it a hoax

it doesn't matter, he'll just say he wasn't calling the virus itself a hoax, but some stupid highly qualified aspect of the media coverage blah blah blah

i dug into a few corona threads on twitter, people are already deluding themselves about every aspect of it, one guy thinks that "once you correct for underlying health issues only 2 people have died from corona in italy"

the chuds are never, EVER going to snap out of it, they're incapable of seeing reason

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba

Gripweed posted:

I am. I'm reading Warhammer Chronicles: Gotrek and Felix: The Second Omnibus

thats loving embarrassing

I'm reading The Archaeological History of the Ancient Middle East because I am creating a custom table top game based on roleplaying against a backdrop of the fall of Sumeria and the rise of the Akkadian empire in circa 2400 BC

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

smarxist posted:

it doesn't matter, he'll just say he wasn't calling the virus itself a hoax, but some stupid highly qualified aspect of the media coverage blah blah blah

i dug into a few corona threads on twitter, people are already deluding themselves about every aspect of it, one guy thinks that "once you correct for underlying health issues only 2 people have died from corona in italy"

the chuds are never, EVER going to snap out of it, they're incapable of seeing reason

i thought it was supposed to blow over in the next week tho

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

Hardon Crime posted:

I'm reading The Archaeological History of the Ancient Middle East because I am creating a custom table top game based on roleplaying against a backdrop of the fall of Sumeria and the rise of the Akkadian empire in circa 2400 BC

I am a big league fan of Babylonian mythology

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

fits my needs posted:

i thought it was supposed to blow over in the next week tho

that was a shitpost you dunderhead

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Bro Dad posted:

just stepped outside to the sounds of really loud owl sex how's your morning going gents

maybe it was someone hootin and hollerin for bernie

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

smarxist posted:

that was a shitpost you dunderhead

all posts are shitposts

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019
My current reading

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
i'm reading Dune, long-live Paul-Muad'Dib! Fear is the mind killer

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

fits my needs posted:

all posts are shitposts

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

fits my needs posted:

all posts are shitposts

:hmmyes:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i just finished 1Q84 and i'm not sure what to read next

it didn't really stick the landing either after all those pages, but the journey was fun :(

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Godlessdonut posted:

Pretty cool how the primary elections yesterday, which tons of people avoided due to coronavirus fears, will be declared legitimate because Biden won them.

the total votes cast in Florida was basically the same as in 2016 and looks like the 2020 number was +100,000 in Arizona. People risked their health to turn out big for... Biden!

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

phone rings at 6am.

mother in law: do you have food to last you for a couple weeks? meat in your freezer?

wife: what? huh?

mother in law: my sister said, and it came from a reliable source who has been right at these things, that in the next 24 hours the US is going on lockdown and everything except hospitals are being shut down. You cannot tell anyone though because she got special permission to tell me and to tell you. I will talk to you later.

phone hangs up

I am so glad that I got an early morning Facebook post as a wake up call and apparently I also got a “my uncle works at nintendo” moment as well.

concerning

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019
sure will be fun when bernie runs 3rd party :bernin:

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

A bunch of rich people getting mad at Marriott over an employee getting hosed over, kind of heartwarming. I think a senator pops in at one point. No, I did not read to a point where it stopped being heartwarming

https://twitter.com/DocDre/status/1239991774485123081?s=19

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

bad news

https://twitter.com/tentwentysixpm/status/1240089341864493057?s=21

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Gripweed posted:

I am. I'm reading Warhammer Chronicles: Gotrek and Felix: The Second Omnibus

why

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

cause WH novels are cheesy fun

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug

Bernie, save us!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

everyone is a breastperson now

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The Alpha Centauri posted:

cause WH novels are cheesy fun

just read Chuck Tingle and call it a day

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Vim Fuego posted:

smarxist posted:
you funnel the hot water into your rear end with a traffic cone

In balmier days I remember a user that had a silhouette of somebody sexually violating a traffic cone as their AV.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Joementum posted:

so now libs are going to spend all morning whining that he's calling it the "Chinese Virus" as if that matters at all

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 17 minutes!

fits my needs posted:

all posts are shitposts

Hello

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Pooky posted:

pre:
T
T
T
RR
UUUU
MMMMMMMM
PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

just read Chuck Tingle and call it a day

:stonk:

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

is there a presser today? and how's Number doing?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 17 minutes!
https://twitter.com/LibertyHangout/status/1240026183401648129?s=20

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

warhammer books are fun but I'm reading all my hunter thompson books and then gonna finish it with the dune sequels I never bothered with

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/seansaysyeoo/status/1240231613604265985?s=19

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Hardon Crime posted:

Ah, like Pazuzu from the Exorcist

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

smarxist posted:

i just finished 1Q84 and i'm not sure what to read next

it didn't really stick the landing either after all those pages, but the journey was fun :(

May I recommend Warhammer Chronicles: Gotrek and Felix: The First Omnibus?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

GrimGypsy posted:

warhammer books are fun but I'm reading all my hunter thompson books and then gonna finish it with the dune sequels I never bothered with

what warhammer books?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
rip to those guys

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I read Warhammer Chronicles: Gotrek and Felix: The First Omnibus a while ago and wanted to see what happened next to Gotrek and Felix

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Hardon Crime posted:

Please use sexagesimal base-60 number system for historical authenticity.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm getting promoted ads in Twitter from Monster for Funeral Director positions. The job market is booming with dead boomers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Excited to get my Trump bux. Transitioning into a NEET since I lost my job.

Friendship with Yang ended, Trump is my new best friend.