Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

I really want to start running the AKM and 103 more. What's the most meta you can get their recoil down to, and with what mods? Just trying to toss on Pretty Good poo poo has helped reduce recoil a bit, but my builds so far still don't seem to be worth using instead of an M4 or 74 if I want to go non-7.62 NATO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009

DrPop posted:

I really want to start running the AKM and 103 more. What's the most meta you can get their recoil down to, and with what mods? Just trying to toss on Pretty Good poo poo has helped reduce recoil a bit, but my builds so far still don't seem to be worth using instead of an M4 or 74 if I want to go non-7.62 NATO.

I've been using this doc for "meta" gun builds. The AKM on this sheet has 65 vertical recoil. But I've also definitely heard that if you're planning on full auto'ing a gun you'll probably want an M4 or an AK74. The M4 recoil build on this sheet has 32 vertical recoil but tbf it probably costs $300K or so.

Also a shout out to the budget tab on that doc, you can put together an AK74 with 63 v.recoil for only $60k at most. I've been using it a bunch and it's great.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

ThePineapple posted:

I'm definitely at the point where I'm feeling this a bit more. Any recommendations for a good loadout that's a step up beyond the penis helm / 6B3TM budget default? I'm thinking either a Tactec or the Zhuk that ragman sells or Killa armor, plus some sort of helmet with a faceshield? If anyone has nice gun builds I'm all ears too, want to start playing more with VSS's and low recoil M4's / AK's

When I want a gun I usually go on the flea market and look for ones that are super expensive. Then I go from there. I took an M1A build I found, mostly kept it intact, but changed a couple odd thing to make it how I want it. Now I have a great M1A build I can just piece together super quick. Start on the flea market and just play around with weapon modding. I used to hate it but now I understand the parts a bit more and kind of love it.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

ThePineapple posted:

I've been using this doc for "meta" gun builds. The AKM on this sheet has 65 vertical recoil. But I've also definitely heard that if you're planning on full auto'ing a gun you'll probably want an M4 or an AK74. The M4 recoil build on this sheet has 32 vertical recoil but tbf it probably costs $300K or so.

Also a shout out to the budget tab on that doc, you can put together an AK74 with 63 v.recoil for only $60k at most. I've been using it a bunch and it's great.

I built the M1A from this spreadsheet with a few tiny modifications and it owns.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

ChesterJT posted:

What should I be doing with the GP coins and Bitcoins?

GP coins also have some pretty reasonable trades with Peacekeeper/Mechanic (the laziest being 1 GP -> FDE Five-seveN at PK3, which is ~27k for something that can be sold on flea for ~40k [less a couple thousand in fees])

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

ShowTime posted:

When I want a gun I usually go on the flea market and look for ones that are super expensive. Then I go from there. I took an M1A build I found, mostly kept it intact, but changed a couple odd thing to make it how I want it. Now I have a great M1A build I can just piece together super quick. Start on the flea market and just play around with weapon modding. I used to hate it but now I understand the parts a bit more and kind of love it.

weapon modding to make dumb poo poo is the best part of the game.

4 laserpointer AK? sure why not!

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Does using half of a juice give you the same metabolism skillup as using the whole thing? Didn't know if it was per drink or per unit of thing.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

It is based on how much hydration/energy you restore.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

ThePineapple posted:

I'm definitely at the point where I'm feeling this a bit more. Any recommendations for a good loadout that's a step up beyond the penis helm / 6B3TM budget default?

The kit that became my staple after 6B3TM/Penis helmet was either Killa Armor/Gen4 armor and either a ULACH or ACHHC. Both of those armors are level 5 and repair well, although Killa's armor is in a league of its own, and both helmets are a reasonable price and have a high ricochet chance.

Keep in mind though that the 6B3TM is such a goddamn good value that you should continue wearing it. Alot. Unless you're just mega rich and don't care about value.

That's just my preference though.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

What the hell are Russians putting in their vaseline?

Two blacked out legs? No problem. Just smear a bit of vaseline on them.

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
I am an inconsiderate moron whose only method of discourse is idiotic personal attacks.

Jarf posted:

What the hell are Russians putting in their vaseline?

Two blacked out legs? No problem. Just smear a bit of vaseline on them.

You ever why you rub it on your "face". It's because your actually just rubbing meth on your gums.

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
I am an inconsiderate moron whose only method of discourse is idiotic personal attacks.

ThePineapple posted:

I'm definitely at the point where I'm feeling this a bit more. Any recommendations for a good loadout that's a step up beyond the penis helm / 6B3TM budget default? I'm thinking either a Tactec or the Zhuk that ragman sells or Killa armor, plus some sort of helmet with a faceshield? If anyone has nice gun builds I'm all ears too, want to start playing more with VSS's and low recoil M4's / AK's
Upgrade to a ratnik to protect your ears. You can upgrade to the teir 5 armors mentioned but you well learn that they help you less than you would hope.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

With the weight changes I usually rock a ANA Armor rig, although level 5 armor can be nice. 90k isn't bad considering you get more slots and better repair.

Keep in mind the VSS levels sniper skill and the VAL levels assault so you'll probably want to use the VAL instead, even though I know the VSS is cheaper.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I finally managed to get up to Level 10 and unlocked the Flea Market; is it worth me bothering levelling up the traders at all any more?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Lemon posted:

I finally managed to get up to Level 10 and unlocked the Flea Market; is it worth me bothering levelling up the traders at all any more?

Yes, getting the trader rep up means you can buy a lot of good poo poo at cost, which will both save you a lot of money and offers up avenues for "passive income" if you want to bother with it.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I've been digging the plate armor rig for when I run AKs. Pretty cheap and it's 2 for 1.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Lemon posted:

Yes, they offer trades for stuff that can net you a massive profit. Mechanic Lv3's weapons case trade nets 200-300k each time and is essentially Tarkov UBI.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Nice, thanks. I'll take a look at doing it, but those quests just seem so tiresome...

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009

Lemon posted:

Yes, although you don't necessarily need to rush anything. Traders should naturally level as you do quests, aside from a few where you have to make a conscious effort to spend money with them.

Why? Some hideout upgrades require a certain trader to be at a certain level, so if you want a bitcoin farm up and running at some point you'll have to level them up. The most egregious of these is probably getting Jaeger to LL2. Separately, higher level traders often open up access to cheaper items than the flea market has. For example, a lot of attachments are sold for cheap by higher level traders, and some limited quantity ammo is also much cheaper from traders. Peacekeeper LL3 sells up to 200 rounds of M855A1 for ~$2.15 USD per round per reset, and Skier sells 100 more rounds at a similarly cheap price, when market price is often around ~$520 rubles.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Lemon posted:

Nice, thanks. I'll take a look at doing it, but those quests just seem so tiresome...

Most of them aren't so bad, and you can stack them to take care of multiples at a time.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Just completed maxing out my hideout. Full bitcoin farm of 50x graphic cards churning out bitcoins while I sleep. I get to wake up to half a mil just waiting for me.

Also, expect news of an unplanned wipe to occur at the end of March, because gently caress me, I never get to spend much time with awesome things in any game. But at least i'll get a little time with a hideout operating like it should be.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

ShowTime posted:

Just completed maxing out my hideout. Full bitcoin farm of 50x graphic cards churning out bitcoins while I sleep. I get to wake up to half a mil just waiting for me.

Also, expect news of an unplanned wipe to occur at the end of March, because gently caress me, I never get to spend much time with awesome things in any game. But at least i'll get a little time with a hideout operating like it should be.

Think august/september, lol.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Lemon posted:

Sort of.

There are a few decent trader deals that you’ll unlock, but I find their hideout progression requirements to be way more important. You’ll need some trader levels for hideout upgrades, and there are a handful of level gates that will be easier to pass with quest XP.

mysteryberto
Apr 25, 2006
IIAM

Lemon posted:

Most of the quests aren't that bad. You don't have a limit on how many you can do at once so I generally have a half dozen going. A lot of them you can make good progress on just playing maps such as those requiring you to kill scavs. Others require collecting items. I know someone that doesn't quest at all but that seems like an inefficient way to play the game. They pay out well in XP and are a good way to level quicker. I wouldn't go nuts trying to do every quest but it's a fun addition.

Some quests though especially as you get up higher are ridiculous. Looking at you Mechanic quest that takes 7 video cards, this quest only pays 300 euros and a glock for a cost of 2 million roubles.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

That mechanic quest doesn't unlock anything and the quest line isnt needed for anything. You can skip it. IMO the best one is the ragman quest that unlocks gzhel armor (sales night? I think) Having easy access to cheap class 5 armor is really nice.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

mysteryberto posted:

Most of the quests aren't that bad. You don't have a limit on how many you can do at once so I generally have a half dozen going. A lot of them you can make good progress on just playing maps such as those requiring you to kill scavs. Others require collecting items. I know someone that doesn't quest at all but that seems like an inefficient way to play the game. They pay out well in XP and are a good way to level quicker. I wouldn't go nuts trying to do every quest but it's a fun addition.

Some quests though especially as you get up higher are ridiculous. Looking at you Mechanic quest that takes 7 video cards, this quest only pays 300 euros and a glock for a cost of 2 million roubles.

Also, of course you eventually get a THICC case. Either to use or to sell for 20mil. It's not very difficult or long. Look up Health Care Privacy for the quest.

Right now I have the dredges of quests. All the most difficult ones. I even have the factory one from like, level 2, where you get something in Customs and take it to Factory. If you die on Factory, you have to go back to Customs. So i've been avoiding doing the quest for a very long time.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

ShowTime posted:

Right now I have the dredges of quests. All the most difficult ones. I even have the factory one from like, level 2, where you get something in Customs and take it to Factory. If you die on Factory, you have to go back to Customs. So i've been avoiding doing the quest for a very long time.

I have that same quest too and have been avoiding it. I already have the case from customs but I know the second I load up factory I'll get shot immediately since most of the spawns are within 10 feet of another spawn and I'll have to start all over.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Both of you, come play with goons in the discord. Running the second half of Delivery from the Past is a real common quest to do in a group.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

TheTofuShop posted:

Both of you, come play with goons in the discord. Running the second half of Delivery from the Past is a real common quest to do in a group.

Yeah, get in a 5 stack and knock out every Factory quest at once.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

I'm down for that. Will be on tonight if some other goons are. I've never done more than a duo. Sounds like rolling 5 deep is the kind of chaos this game would be awesome at.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

ChesterJT posted:

I'm down for that. Will be on tonight if some other goons are. I've never done more than a duo. Sounds like rolling 5 deep is the kind of chaos this game would be awesome at.

It either goes really well and you clear the map/get everything done or you're all wiped immediately because you're making a ton of noise.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

ChesterJT posted:

it is chaos

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

ChesterJT posted:

Welcome to the Pat Tillman simulator.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

If, like me, you hate other people. This is how to do Factory quests.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ernBWMWtUIk
Not shown: The five previous attempts where I got deaded.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Got a new PC. Dipped my toe back into the game with a scav run after a few month hiatus and made out like an absolute bandit. Spwaned with a Labs card, looted 2 PMC corpses and left with more stuff than I could carry. Feels good to be a gangster rat.

Papa Was A Video Toaster fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Mar 20, 2020

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Got a new PC. Dipped my toe back into the game with a scav run after a few month hiatus and made out like an absolute bandit. Spwaned with a Labs card, looted 2 PMC corpses and left with more stuff than I could carry. Feels good to be a gangster rat.

Not bad. Now let's get you into reserve to kill some raiders.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Jarf posted:

If, like me
No. I hold ctrl and left click things to equip them. :classiclol:

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Mar 21, 2020

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
They apparently sent everyone a decent care package and in the rush of everyone grabbing it, the servers crashed.

https://twitter.com/SlimGrizly/status/1241381569673277446

5x labs cards seems excessive, but clearly they want people back in there.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

What's' with these gun builds in the appreciation package? They're...special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Pussy Snorkel posted:

What's' with these gun builds in the appreciation package? They're...special.

Yea I would not recommend using any of those. Even as "budget" ready-to-go builds. The only one with decent parts was the M4A1, which I stripped and will eventually use a few parts from. There was a pk-06 on one of them and the rest were just decent parts mixed with stock parts.

Still, free poo poo for doing nothing. I was not affected by anything, never do labs, etc. This was basically just a free mil of stuff i'll add to the pile.