Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

military cervix
Dec 24, 2006

Hey guys
We are now up to 6 deaths in Norway. Not that much in itself, but 3 of those deaths happened today, so I'm guessing we're in for a wave of deaths in the next couple of days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Million dollar idea, social games that involve 4-8 people playing silly games but also have webcams and mics to be social. You know when all the people used to socializing 24/7 suddenly are strapped to a computer and starving for human interaction? They'll turn to the hot new social game.

It feels like I'm describing playing Jackbox Partypack on Twitch only with more cameras and hot mics.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

pixaal posted:

I hardwire everything, even my phone at my house it gets plugged into USB and uses my computer's connection it's much faster.

No wifi virus for me! I don't know what I'd do if the virus attacked my wifi and deleted all my saved games!!!!

The lives you save might be for own. Thank you

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Every time I try replying to this I end up with something that'll get Lowtax another visit from the FBI, so I'll just have to say

The Walrus posted:

gently caress you

:arghfist::same:

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

CJacobs posted:

Depends on how long they hid the existence of the virus from the general population as they are wont to do whenever anything goes wrong in their country.

edit: Not that I've seen any evidence they did that in this case.

They absolutely did

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Eurovision cancelled, hope is dead:

https://twitter.com/Eurovision/status/1240267936981569538

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

It's true, people were screeching abouy overreactions when he stopped flights from china so early

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Eurovision is 2020

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

JK Fresco posted:

It's true, people were screeching abouy overreactions when he stopped flights from china so early

:nobodycares:

dang that really needs to be an emote imo

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

https://twitter.com/VeteransBritain/status/1240082537755615233

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

JK Fresco posted:

He stopped flights from China when it was already way too late and the curve had long since flattened in China. Let's not rewrite the recent past. He didn't react swiftly at all.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

has anyone asked ja rule how he feels about all this yet

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Please don't post your weird right-wing garbage, thanks.

Also lol @ the people outraged being weirdos from the country that thinks everybody should get infected as quickly as possible.

Lambert fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Mar 18, 2020

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/thefix/status/1240041548672380931

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Fully recovered and declared all clear, with my beard and hair shaved off, and my biceps popping cause I can't go to the gym so I've been doing ridiculous numbers of curls, I go to a meeting of the local voluntary first responders, to see what we're doing for the apocalypse.

Training coordinator comes in, immediately touches doorhandle, desk, laptop, face, then hands out his pen for folks to sign the register. Coughs into his hand, says "Don't worry, it's not coronavirus it's my heart medicine", wipes hand on trousers.

A day of emailing later, he's no longer the training coordinator. Hooray?

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRwds3oUEcw

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Lambert posted:

Please don't post your weird right-wing garbage, thanks.

Also lol @ the people outraged being weirdos from the country that thinks everybody should get infected as quickly as possible.

it was 6 weeks ago before any of this was mainstream like it is now, sorry it breaks your sad state of what is real out there

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Mnoba posted:

it was 6 weeks ago before any of this was mainstream like it is now, sorry it breaks your sad state of what is real out there

No. Veterans for Britain are clearly some grim right-wing nonsense.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Disgusting Coward posted:

Fully recovered and declared all clear, with my beard and hair shaved off, and my biceps popping cause I can't go to the gym so I've been doing ridiculous numbers of curls, I go to a meeting of the local voluntary first responders, to see what we're doing for the apocalypse.

was you the goon with corona?

wb

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Well yeah it's loving Las Vegas what do you expect

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Wasn't there another one who got sent home from the hospital with fever and trouble breathing?

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Disco Pope posted:

No. Veterans for Britain are clearly some grim right-wing nonsense.

ya i quoted wrong reply i dunno who that twitter is

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Lambert posted:

He stopped flights from China when it was already way too late and the curve had long since flattened in China. Let's not rewrite the recent past. He didn't react swiftly at all.

It was already way too late when China lied about it for a month while allowing an annual human mass migration of 100s of millions of people to happen.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Redgrendel2001 posted:

It was already way too late when China lied about it for a month while allowing an annual human mass migration of 100s of millions of people to happen.

they are reporting about it starting in December now, and China magically is getting rid of US press. It's like their shittier version of Chernobyl.

cwinkle
Mar 7, 2008

Disgusting Coward posted:

Training coordinator comes in, immediately touches doorhandle, desk, laptop, face, then hands out his pen for folks to sign the register. Coughs into his hand, says "Don't worry, it's not coronavirus it's my heart medicine", wipes hand on trousers.

A day of emailing later, he's no longer the training coordinator. Hooray?

When you were declared all clear did that information get sent somewhere? Like would your case be reflected on the Johns Hopkins map as "recovered?" I am kind of basing when to come out of self isolation on those recovery numbers but according to the map either it takes a while to recover or they don't have that information.

Also, great to hear congratulations.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Looks like TP is back on the menu boys and girls!

Houston Kroger had a 6-pack for just under 10 bux and CVS a 12-pack for 16 dollars for sale this morning. Supply and demand poo poo your asses!

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
Friend of mine and her mom have been pretty sure they've had it for about a week. All the major symptoms but nothing crazy. Fever, mild cough, shortness of breath, tight chest.

Until last night.....her mom fainted and began coughing up blood. EMT took her to the hospital and she will be getting tests.

This was in Queens, NYC.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

cwinkle posted:

When you were declared all clear did that information get sent somewhere? Like would your case be reflected on the Johns Hopkins map as "recovered?" I am kind of basing when to come out of self isolation on those recovery numbers but according to the map either it takes a while to recover or they don't have that information.

11 days or so, recommended isolation is 2-3 weeks if you have exposure.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Mnoba posted:

they are reporting about it starting in December now, and China magically is getting rid of US press. It's like their shittier version of Chernobyl.

Maybe they've just read the US news lately.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Redgrendel2001 posted:

It's obvious in retrospect we could have slowed or even stopped the spread had we stopped flights earlier and quarantined ourselves after the Wuhan situation was known about publicly. But that wasn't politically feasible. We are doing it now, doing it earlier would have been way more effective.

Still blaming China is just sad, especially considering we don't even know whether it originated in China. That doesn't mean the authorities handled it well initially.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
We just had a mild earthquake in Salt Lake City. I’m never going to be able to buy tp or bottled water again. Also I have a cough.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I think maybe the worst part of all of this is Twitter ignoring its own terms of service agreement and not suspending Trumps Twitter account for racism.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Lambert posted:

Still blaming China is just sad, especially considering we don't even know whether it originated in China.

Are you for real?

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Rime posted:

Are you for real?

It's what current scientific papers are saying. Iran is a likely candidate as well, for example. Are you for real?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I said come in! posted:

I think maybe the worst part of all of this is Twitter ignoring its own terms of service agreement and not suspending Trumps Twitter account for racism.

Twitter has said Trump, being the president and an extremely important figure, is immune to all their ToS until he is no longer in office. Think about it, if they blocked the president, what kind of a poo poo storm would that start? It could be seen as gagging authority or whatever other bullshit.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

I have a co-worker who said he heard on the radio this morning that the bill to give everyone in the US 1000$ passed. I can't find anything online though, just articles saying they were thinking about doing it. Anyone have any links/sources one way or the other? I don't want to get my hopes up for a free grand, but it would be nice since I had to pull 800$ out of my savings to cover my taxes earlier this year.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Lambert posted:

Still blaming China is just sad, especially considering we don't even know whether it originated in China. That doesn't mean the authorities handled it well initially.

Who bought President Xi an account?

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Wow @ reposting Chinese propaganda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Soysaucebeast posted:

I have a co-worker who said he heard on the radio this morning that the bill to give everyone in the US 1000$ passed. I can't find anything online though, just articles saying they were thinking about doing it. Anyone have any links/sources one way or the other? I don't want to get my hopes up for a free grand, but it would be nice since I had to pull 800$ out of my savings to cover my taxes earlier this year.

Trump basically promised that it was in the bill and that part wasn't in question. The bill still hasn't passed unless it somehow slipped past me which it could have. I can't imagine they wouldn't include at least 1k at this point.