Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Greader posted:

Over here the company is trying to do their best to prevent infections. Visitors now have to read a guideline before coming inside, and if they or a relative have been to one of the Risiko Gebieten set by the RKI then they gotta turn around and leave. Sanitizers and gloves are set here, official guidelines for workers to not shake hands anymore and take staggered breaks, feels like we are basically one internal case away from the whole place shutting down (and trying real hard to prevent that).

Also the toilet paper got locked away. Each toilet only has the single roll, no more extras you can grab while still on the can because people have been stealing those. Already decided that if I ever end up stranded without rolls I am gonna call the management guy who issued that order to come and bring me a new one :v:

I don't want to be a Negative Nancy and/or Debbie Downer, but it sounds more like your company is trying their best to make number go up (stonks or infections, either way). The Risikogebiete poo poo was completely divorced from reality even a week ago. Instituting a policy related to that now is absolutely terminal capitalism brain. I mean it in the nicest way possible when I say that I hope you get that one internal case soon and consequently shut down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greader
Oct 11, 2012

Smirr posted:

I don't want to be a Negative Nancy and/or Debbie Downer, but it sounds more like your company is trying their best to make number go up (stonks or infections, either way). The Risikogebiete poo poo was completely divorced from reality even a week ago. Instituting a policy related to that now is absolutely terminal capitalism brain. I mean it in the nicest way possible when I say that I hope you get that one internal case soon and consequently shut down.

Oh yeah, they are basically trying to keep this place running as long as they can, and I hope the same so people finally got an excuse to self-quarantine. Not that it would benefit me too much as I still gotta show up for work but at least then I could just shitpost all day instead of just most of the day

Edit: Also, looking at the RKI list, it mentions that the section of german risk areas has been updated slightly less than two weeks ago. I unno, getting a feeling there has been a couple more cases since the sixth, just a hunch

Greader fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Mar 18, 2020

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Randler posted:

So, which video games do y'all recommend to play during work from home?

I'm thinking turn-based games, maybe mapgames?

Stellaris, especially since the new DLC should be out.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Combat Theory posted:

gently caress

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Antigravitas posted:

gently caress

Combat Theory posted:

The new expansion came out yesterday!

I'm playing it right now, since my work has shut down :(

Happy Litterbox
Jan 2, 2010
Meanwhile the measures my company has taken thus far:
Last week
- Half of each IT team has to got to Home Office, the other is supposed to get into the office. They switch who does what every week
- Apprentinces have to come in every day, because they are not infection vectors, I guess.

Yesterday
- Closing the cafeteria
- Shutting down the drink vending machines
- You are no longer allowed to make coffee or tea
- To reinforce that they turned off the water supply (Nothing prevents one to go five meters over to the bathroom)
- The dishes got locked away, bring your own and clean it at home
- Meetings are now limited to five people at max

To be honest, I kinda want to get fired for daring to clean my coffee mug. It would be a hilarious topic at the next job interview.

But it kinda shows how incompetent management is and how desperate the company is to not close down. They are super scared and there are claims that it's out of business if we have to close down for more than 48 hours. Which is a full circle back to incompetent management.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
That's an impressive display of helplessly flailing around.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
yeah that's hosed up. take care (or sick leave if you can)

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I was/am going to do a reasonably sized Einkauf tomorrow (been without bread since Monday), but since Merkel is going to address the nation tonight, I'm getting second thoughts. Like, she'll probably sprech aus her vollstes Vertrauen to the various levels of governments and Behörden, and that's all she wrote. Deutschland verreckt

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
some berlin news from friends.. heard today that one company fired their ukrainian dev team and is putting everyone else on 80% hours 80% pay, and another is forcing 60% across the board. i wonder if any of the C-levels are going to look at their salary and consider dropping even lower in order to maintain job security of those they're responsible for

lol

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Smirr posted:

reasonably sized Einkauf

Blixa Bargeld's new band.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Miss CT went to the Blutspende today and reported a long waiting line as apparently a bunch of extra people decided to donate during the Viruskrise.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Combat Theory posted:

Miss CT went to the Blutspende today and reported a long waiting line as apparently a bunch of extra people decided to donate during the Viruskrise.

That's good, please do that people. Not just because of current stuff, but because everyone should do that approximately every 56 days if they are able to. :colbert:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I'm currently meditating on the two separate boomers that I saw leave the Rewe opposite of my kitchen window (with paper towels, of course), and immediately light a cigarette. Like, even if you don't smoke, imagine going to a supermarket and then the first thing you do after that is touching your lips over and over. I'm starting to vibrate through the floor

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10
es gibt enkel, die ihren großeltern einen podcast aufzeichnen

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Homeofficebonzen flaunting their privileges and comfort wealth while the rest of us has to get out of bed and put on pants to go to work. :argh:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

GABA ghoul posted:

Homeofficebonzen flaunting their privileges and comfort wealth while the rest of us has to get out of bed and put on pants to go to work. :argh:

What if I don't put on pants but always wear thigh-high socks for sexiness and compression :wink:

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

GABA ghoul posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFNXlShMc9E

:smuggo:

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

Randler posted:

What if I don't put on pants but always wear thigh-high socks for sexiness and compression :wink:

text me

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Mutti scheduled for a live-address in 2 minutes on ZDF supposedly

https://www.zdf.de/live-tv

My parents are still in Chile, and I'm kinda worried that they'll be stranded there eventually depending on the outcome

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Getting back home had serious 28 Days later-vibe here in Hannover. I walked through the Einkaufsmeile of the main train station and then Nicci de Saint Phalle, and all Fresstempel were closing early or were already closed. A lot of shops had closed indefinitely. Everywhere warnings about Corona. I guess this is how people during a Pestwave must have felt.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Mutti scheduled for a live-address in 2 minutes on ZDF supposedly

https://www.zdf.de/live-tv

My parents are still in Chile, and I'm kinda worried that they'll be stranded there eventually depending on the outcome

Apparently I missed it?

https://www.zdf.de/nachrichten/politik/merkel-fernsehansprache-corona-100.html

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I took a walk along the canal today and lol, it was absolutely packed, people everywhere chilling along the canal smoking, drinking beers or wine, music playing everywhere. The admiralsbrücke was packed with people chilling out and drinking.

gonna be interesting if there's an actual lockdown.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

oliwan posted:

I took a walk along the canal today and lol, it was absolutely packed, people everywhere chilling along the canal smoking, drinking beers or wine, music playing everywhere.

these people should be pushed into the canal fwiw

goethe42
Jun 5, 2004

Ich sei, gewaehrt mir die Bitte, in eurem Bunde der Dritte!

ARD will show it after the Tagesschau, ZDF and SAT1 right about now I think. Can't check, wife is watching local news.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Ist Corona Neuland?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

hope he dies or at least becomes 100% arbeitsunfähig

otherwise friedrich "wenn die steuerlast ohnehin bei null gewesen wäre hätten wir euch nicht um 36 milliarden euro bescheissen müssen" fotzenfritz becomes chancellor and we all have to kill ourselves due to excessive fremdschämen

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Also, from what the partners tell me, everbody is running around and being closely packed in the suburbs, because - despite the historic record showing otherwise for Germany in particular - "it can't happen here".

We're never going to lift the curfew because it worked. We will lift it in 4-8 months because it keeps getting broken and thus "number" takes precedence over ineffective coutnermeasures.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

suck my woke dick posted:

hope he dies or at least becomes 100% arbeitsunfähig

otherwise friedrich "wenn die steuerlast ohnehin bei null gewesen wäre hätten wir euch nicht um 36 milliarden euro bescheissen müssen" fotzenfritz becomes chancellor and we all have to kill ourselves due to excessive fremdschämen

Hart aber fair

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I had fully expected Mutti to declare some serious new restrictions, but it was pretty much just an appeal to reason and a thank you to the essentielle Jobs that are keeping life going at the moment.

AfD is now obviously dismantling her words because "SHE DIDN'T SET A COURSE", but the good thing to come out of it is that the CDU/CSU can now be nailed down on not giving a poo poo about a huge sector on account of a very prominent soundbite.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I'm going to watch the address after the Tagesschau and pretend it hasn't been released yet, because I refuse to acknowledge the ZDF's existence

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Aix posted:

es gibt enkel, die ihren großeltern einen podcast aufzeichnen

oh my god, this was a literal fuckign quote lmao

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Has anyone talked about loan relief yet? Asking for a friend.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Suppose you're about to fly abroad tomorrow to, idk, Scotland, and someone there asked you to bring back any kind of German food. What would you bring them?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Venomous posted:

Suppose you're about to fly abroad tomorrow to, idk, Scotland, and someone there asked you to bring back any kind of German food. What would you bring them?

Scotch made in Germany. Time to make some enemies.

Otherwise buy a bunch of Leibniz kekse. Bahlsen is quite good in general.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Mokotow posted:

Has anyone talked about loan relief yet? Asking for a friend.

You will be relieved of your debts when you are dead or everyone else is, whatever happens first.

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Randler posted:

Ist Corona Neuland?

Corona Nova.

It was actually an OK speech for her and the funniest one ("Laden am Laufen halten"), but it might as well have been held by the President as she was sparse on actual measures implemented by her and her ministers.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Libluini posted:

Getting back home had serious 28 Days later-vibe here in Hannover. I walked through the Einkaufsmeile of the main train station and then Nicci de Saint Phalle, and all Fresstempel were closing early or were already closed. A lot of shops had closed indefinitely. Everywhere warnings about Corona. I guess this is how people during a Pestwave must have felt.

I guess it misses the mountains of dead nodies nobody can bring away or bury any more fortunately, and we try our best to prevent it.

My sister and her boyfriend have gotten their test back yesterday (took over 2 days for the result) - both have Corona, although only a mittleschweren Verlauf, so they don’t need to go to the hospital. Luckily they are self-isolating for over a week now. Other people of their WG and circle of friends start to show symptoms too.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Venomous posted:

Lübecker Marzipan
Hamburger Labskaus :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

Venomous posted:

Pfeffi or Berliner Luft