Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/CBSEveningNews/status/1240354656494268419

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Narrator: it stopped him from partying

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sir Tonk posted:

doesnt mean i cant make fun of them for being stupid, poly relationships are hardly a vulnerable minority group

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

so exactly like the united states except we keep it all hidden in factory farms?

remember back in the day when activists videoing factory farms were the fbi's top domestic terror priority, getting sentenced to decades in prison?

oh right, they still face life sentences in 2020

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Sedisp posted:

Remember when Hilary ran on extending the Obama years and resoundingly defeated Donald Jillian Trump?

yeah man that was a cool episode of sliders

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

juche avocado posted:

restaurants are offering gift cards worth n% more than what you pay for them

restaurants are printing neocorporate bonds

investment market for gift card arbitrage when

most places do this every xmas I thought :shrug:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Look at this Labour MP talking about landlords.

https://twitter.com/jessphillips/status/1240028136252887041

Then look at what she has to say one tweet later and she still thinks landlords are fine.

https://twitter.com/jessphillips/status/1240040736684421124

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

once u enter miami u can never leave

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

i honestly don't think i can vote for joe biden

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

"What're ya gonna do ventilate me" says man who was ventilated

CPA Hell
Apr 15, 2007

I like to press the number six!

the public didn’t get m4a so they could get tax cuts. now they can get in line with everyone else.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Solarin posted:

why does the controlled opposition party keep losing

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Doorknob Slobber posted:

isnt that the stuff thats like dangerous side effects or something
like malaria, it's generally seen as worth the risk against severe cases where the patient will most likely loving die, which i presume it's being used in

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Mental Hospitality posted:

Sorry if I missed most of the respirator chat, but are there any respiratory therapists in the thread? I was curious if ventilators designed for home use could be requisitioned for hospital use and how many could possibly be sitting in warehouses somewhere. Like these:

Just wondering what the technical limitations of these are compared to the ones usually found in ICU's.

The closest I've come was working as an EMT alongside a Paramedic with critical care/vent certs. The LTV1200 you have pictured is actually what we carried and used on the truck. Home vents might not have the same range of settings options that in hospital units would have (this is just a guess - but based on the fact that a patient at home on a ventilator is in a stable condition versus hospital patients which may indeed not be). Might also be some issues with dialing in those settings and alarm setup.

All things that probably could be overcome and the hospital preferred vents could be used on the more critical patients.

But you absolutely can't just take home vents from people or they will die so your question really is only limited to whatever warehouse stock of new units exists which I'm sure will be utilized but I can't imagine that stock will be very high due to modern JIT supply chains and demand forecasting that of course doesn't take into account pandemics.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Brady Sluder

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Spergin Morlock posted:

yup. just want harder

poo poo don't work, I tried so many positive affirmations as a kid to get a N64 DD and it never even came out here!

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Doorknob Slobber posted:

isnt that the stuff thats like dangerous side effects or something

hmm more dangerous than not breathing, though?

Why don't we make a machine that oxygenates blood directly or transfuse oxygen-rich blood into patients whose lungs are hosed?

riseofmydick
Dec 18, 2019

by Pragmatica

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

https://twitter.com/barneyp/status/1240364741421236224

gonna watch as everyone but actual people in the US gets this treatment because the US is unwilling to put a less than $15000 price tag on it :w00t:

It's an absolutely ancient drug that is generic and easily produced.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

You're going to have a choice between the racist with the free money printer or the racist who wants to means test the money printer

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

riseofmydick posted:

The people in this forum believe Trump is going to win in 2020 more than his own loving supporters.

The fascists in power have really done more to destroy leftist moral than any other group in the history of this nation in one election alone. That's why you never loving win anything. You're extremely weak mentally.

Speaking of what idiot losers on this forum believe,

riseofmydick posted:

Why are people more worried about this than SARS?

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

riseofmydick posted:

The people in this forum believe Trump is going to win in 2020 more than his own loving supporters.

The fascists in power have really done more to destroy leftist moral than any other group in the history of this nation in one election alone. That's why you never loving win anything. You're extremely weak mentally.

'leftist' lol

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Chris James 2 posted:

Lmao

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnAMsQ_DYLw

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

brugroffil posted:

Local food pantry is begging for donations what are some good things to donate?

Straight cash, homey.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

i got a machine that will open up their airway

:thermidor:

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

NofrikinfuN posted:

Why don't we make a machine that oxygenates blood directly or transfuse oxygen-rich blood into patients whose lungs are hosed?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extracorporeal_membrane_oxygenation

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Lmao.

What a loving moron.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

NofrikinfuN posted:

we have those but they're super rare and have almost certainly been earmarked for the rich and power exclusively

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

me struggling to pay bills and feed my children: “means testing :hmmyes:

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

you absolutely shouldn't

there is no plausible moral justification for voting for Joe Biden

and purely as a matter of amoral political strategy it's equally stupid

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

https://twitter.com/barneyp/status/1240364741421236224

gonna watch as everyone but actual people in the US gets this treatment because the US is unwilling to put a less than $15000 price tag on it :w00t:

well it looks like trumo and biden are safe

:capitalism:
:smugdon:

Yuli Ban
Nov 22, 2016

Bot

NofrikinfuN posted:

A total waste of time

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

brady sluder is some parks and rec bit character rear end name

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/tripgabriel/status/1240368940951506949

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

riseofmydick posted:

It's an absolutely ancient drug that is generic and easily produced.

that’s what legal injunctions are for baybeeees

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

oh my

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Fun History Fact:

People often thing of the plague as something that happened once in the early middle ages in Europe and went away. Not true! There were recurring waves of plague for centuries, even into the modern era. In Amsterdam for instance, there were something like 37 outbreaks of plague within 60 years during the 17th century. The worst was in 1664-1665, when it is estimated that 10% of the population of the city died. This spread to England the following year from the Netherlands and became what would be known as the Great Plague of London.

For perspective, the current death rate of those infected with COVID-19 in Italy is currently estimated to be around 9%.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

holy poo poo lmao

what is happening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Marzzle posted:

do you still work at party city and are they still supplying essential party goods in our time of need?

no and they closed their stores lmao