Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

pisspocalypse now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?

Someone with some booksmarts please tell me this is a real term and not some bullshit a mouthbreather at Politico came up with

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

En Garde Motherfuckers posted:

Someone with some booksmarts please tell me this is a real term and not some bullshit a mouthbreather at Politico came up with

It is:
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Marxoid

"Adjective
Marxoid (comparative more Marxoid, superlative most Marxoid)

Having Marxist influences, but not truly Marxist."

Though it wasn't the booksmarts but rather that I also looked at that word suspiciously, and had to look it up to see if it was an actual word.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

It sounds like something Aimee Terese came up with

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

En Garde Motherfuckers posted:

It is mouthbreather bullshit

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it's "negroid" but for marx

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

the only innovation happening at pharma companies is in their accounting departments

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
People vs Pelosi number one trending topic on twitter

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

I mean both phrases are stupid as gently caress and specifically designed to bolster xenophobia

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Phone posted:

the only innovation happening at pharma companies is in their accounting departments

That's not true! They also have plenty of innovation in the arenas of marketing (how can we get people to ignore "side effects included death by defecation"?) and legalized doctor bribe (you gotta make it special to stand out).

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I mean both phrases are stupid as gently caress and specifically designed to bolster xenophobia

I agree and fortunately he is getting killed in the comments.

Edit: IF YOU ARE SQUEAMISH, DO NOT LOOK IN THE COMMENTS

Pingui has issued a correction as of 01:28 on Mar 19, 2020

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Pingui posted:

It is:
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Marxoid

"Adjective
Marxoid (comparative more Marxoid, superlative most Marxoid)

Having Marxist influences, but not truly Marxist."

Though it wasn't the booksmarts but rather that I also looked at that word suspiciously, and had to look it up to see if it was an actual word.

I was 50/50 "this sounds like how bovoid would mean like a cow but not one"/"i cannot wait for the marxoids to invade from beta communi"

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I don't get how to read the tweet other than this

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Pingui posted:

I agree and fortunately he is getting killed in the comments.

Lol it IS the new radical Islamic terrorism but apparently not for the same reason he thinks then. gently caress em if he's a real pos

E:

Tetracube posted:

"Radical Islam emperiled the world but now the Chinese Viron looms over us all"

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Tetracube posted:

Yeah seriously. I think people are being really really stupid?

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

thanks Lis very cool

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

you know I'm digging up a set of those in Animal Crossing

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Tetracube posted:

He means it the bad way:
https://twitter.com/esaagar/status/1240412745301975047

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Protoman was right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnkbJ-H4r5k

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

i cannot wait for the marxoids to invade from beta communi

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

hail

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

Ive been working 12 hour days and havent really been paying attention to anything anymore

Is biden still in the lead. How is Bernie. Is hellworld guaranteed yet or is there still hope.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Ahhhh deffo he's a shithead then

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

"Radical Islam emperiled the world but now the Chinese Viron looms over us all"
I took it as a reference to how Obama wouldn't say the latter but Trump has the balls to say the former

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Victory Position posted:

he went from obscure millionaire to guy on CNN

one of the few material winners of this election, got to say

I don't mean what happened to Yang himself, I mean UBI going from obscure Silicon Valley/internet Marxist thinkpiece fodder to something everyone's heard of by now, and now getting very weakly enacted (not really) as part of crisis relief

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

mythicknight posted:

Ive been working 12 hour days and havent really been paying attention to anything anymore

Is biden still in the lead. How is Bernie. Is hellworld guaranteed yet or is there still hope.

biden won handily, and he's getting the nom unless he gets rona or strokes out again and dies

if that happens though the dnc just nominates some other ghoul

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

mythicknight posted:

Hellworld 100% guaranteed. There is always hope. Bernie appears fine and said "loving" today, so he might have gotten an antidote for decorum poisoning. Biden is still in the lead, but who the gently caress knows what helping to facilitate the deaths of tens of thousands of his voters will do to his electability.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Taintrunner posted:

https://twitter.com/kdrum/status/1240074225723072513?s=21

lmao liberals are really gonna give trump all 538 EVs

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

Broken Machine posted:

biden won handily, and he's getting the nom unless he gets rona or strokes out again and dies

if that happens though the dnc just nominates some other ghoul

Or if he sundowns hard enough in one of his appearances.

They seem to usually have trouble at 10 or more minutes, so if he has an extra senile day it could get real bad in way less then that.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Blast from the past on this one.

Daikloktos posted:

I took it as a reference to how Obama wouldn't say the latter but Trump has the balls to say the former

I mean yeah it's basically wether or not he considers them to be real legit terms and actual things, or obvious spun bullshit designed to frame the situation a specific way

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

mythicknight posted:

Biden had his Boomers kamikaze and it was super effective. You can watch the end of his victory speech here:
https://twitter.com/realTT2020/status/1240097943031439360?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

RasperFat posted:

Or if he sundowns hard enough in one of his appearances.

They seem to usually have trouble at 10 or more minutes, so if he has an extra senile day it could get real bad in way less then that.

even then though, if he has the delegate lead i strongly doubt they're giving it to sanders

i want to believe though i do

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

genericnick posted:

Also not the dumbest guy running in that he took the CNN gig and not the offer of VP like all the 16 other Biden endorsers.

Biden: won't pack the court, is packing the VP slot

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Uncle Wemus posted:

what moron would joe actually put on the bench

Judge Judy

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Vim Fuego posted:

Biden: won't pack the court, is packing the VP slot

Bernie: packs the courts and the bongs

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

Broken Machine posted:

even then though, if he has the delegate lead i strongly doubt they're giving it to sanders

i want to believe though i do

Well that’s if it happens in the next couple weeks before the next round of voting.

Its all long shots at this point but this is a super hosed timeline so who the hell knows what’ll happen.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

RasperFat posted:

Well that’s if it happens in the next couple weeks before the next round of voting.

Its all long shots at this point but this is a super hosed timeline so who the hell knows what’ll happen.

In the next couple of weeks the body bags will start piling up in AZ, Florida and Illinois. Who the gently caress knows how that will affect things, but I feel it should be disqualifying to get your voters to march into death, to stop the man who wants M4A during a pandemic.

To anyone interested in the consequences of the DNC/RNC/Government proceeding with the primaries, I made this post earlier:

Pingui posted:

Lock them up

I didn't write anything about how trying to triage an armed population, where people get divided into 50/50 death and almost 100 death, might exacerbate things.

Pingui has issued a correction as of 01:54 on Mar 19, 2020

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Easy solution: If you die before the convention, your vote is nullified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

SKULL.GIF posted:

Easy solution: If you die before the convention, your vote is nullified.

Well, that would solve the issue with superdelegates... I like it.