Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I'm just taking a good moment to appreciate the only time i've ever seen the phrase "some people" used in my life to actually defend people on welfare instead of poo poo on em so bless you I Would Blow Dane Cook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

Zkoto posted:

This is wrong though, you need a valid reason to keep your kids at home otherwise they will be marked down for an unexplained absence. Cool, punish the kids.

Is a worldwide virus pandemic not considered a valid reason?

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Visible Stink posted:

Is a worldwide virus pandemic not considered a valid reason?

It will be eventually but a lot of government departments haven't even considered how they will need to change their current policies and practices yet and I doubt that those in the ivory towers are taking advice from people on the ground.

Personally, I think the unions should be publicly calling for government employees not to follow stupid rules which are only going to make things worse at the moment.

Lolie fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Mar 19, 2020

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Doing a plop and enjoying having a shorter day than normal, thanks flex hours

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Lolie posted:

Do opioids have an anxiolytic effect? My doctor increased my Targin dose yesterday and I'm feeling a distinct lack of anxiety today despite the world going to hell in a handbasket.

In my (junkie) experience its hard to feel anxious when you got euphoria chemicals in your system

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Just an FYI that diarrhoea and runny nose can be symptoms of stress/anxiety in case you were having those symptoms and thought you might be sick.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Isaac posted:

In my (junkie) experience its hard to feel anxious when you got euphoria chemicals in your system

I'm definitely not feeling euphoric, but it's the first time opioids have had an effect on me beyond just relieving pain. Feels a bit odd.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Dude in charge of emergency planning in nsw is named Warboys.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

passed the tip about “”””ethnic”””” stores having food on to remote coworkers thanks aus gbs

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007

Isaac posted:

Sometimes they cant even get the front door unlocked as if that isnt their entire professional function

lol the best surprise we had from a real estate agent was fairly recent, they just burst right into our flat. Mid - cone ripping. Turns out you need to **really** check the number on the place you’re entering first, rather than after the people inside freak out and start yelling “what theee” at you and your mate / lucky nobody really has any weapons here I guess.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

well why not posted:

passed the tip about “”””ethnic”””” stores having food on to remote coworkers thanks aus gbs

As long as it's not the same ones I'm going to!!!!!

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Zkoto posted:

This is wrong though, you need a valid reason to keep your kids at home otherwise they will be marked down for an unexplained absence. Cool, punish the kids.

My kids school is actively setting up online resources so that kids who are being kept home can continue learning.

I can definitely see Centerlink et al. being cunts about it but I doubt the schools themselves will be actively punishing kids for this.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
This is looking pretty good aye

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Caller: Dr karl ive got blood spraying out of me I think I have coronavirus

Dr Karl:You will have warm blood, lizards on the other hand have cold blood

Zan Rowe: Does this help you dan from ballarat?

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Isaac posted:

I inspected a property yesterday and half the house was behind a locked door. Like if you just want me to just imagine what the rooms are like I could have stayed at home and done that

:lol: I thought you were a Real Estate Agent just now.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Junkies are going to have to work for their paracetamol fix.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Tasmania has gone into lockdown.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

tardwrangler posted:

Greg Butcher got his jaw broken in a choko fight when I was about 10
Everyone, including Greg, knew Clive chucked it but noone owned up.
Top shot Clive. Greg was a loving showoff even if he wasnt a dobber.

Choko fights loving rule.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Airstream Driver posted:

Junkies are going to have to work for their paracetamol fix.

Had to buy goddamn Panadol (R) TM

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Caesar Saladin posted:

my brother had four boiled eggs last night, I'm appalled, I thought we were all in this together to make supplies last but clearly we have a greedy pig in our midst

4 (four) Boiled Eggs is pretty loving hardcore.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

:lol:

E: I was listening to Dr. Karl this morning.

Blow fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Mar 19, 2020

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Nonviolent J is driving a bus full of Sydney residents to Orange, Parkes and Forbes in the same day so they can hoard more groceries.

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

This is loving amazing and even though I love Dr. Karl, this highlights the biggest problem. Sometimes it’s so frustrating to listen to.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Just store the boiled eggs in your rear end, if you add them and curry powder into a ziplock bag you can make devilled eggs

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
This is actually Isaac's masterpiece, I just updated it for the current circumstances.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Dark desire to do one of those long wrist-to-elbow smear of snot from wiping nose

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Saving up a huge bushmans blow for when this is all over

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Wish me luck

One from Coles and one from a grocer

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

well why not posted:

we rent off of a family member so lol at dealing with a real estate. The biggest cokehead scumbags known to man.

90% of the time I have lived in Bathurst I have rented from people I know. Never a bit of drama.

I'm moving to the Sydney area and holy poo poo it sucks rear end trying to get a place. It's not like I don't have a good job or anything.

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

Pretty sure we’ve got the virus in my house, but there’s no way to get tested. Multiple cases in my extended workplace but not close enough to meet the testing criteria. I work closely with five or so other people who would also have it if I have it. But they won’t be allowed a test either. Welf

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i hope nobody on the australia thread gets the corona virus

ili
Jul 26, 2003

:same: also I hope NVJ is unbanned under emergency shitposting provisions.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

hey, you've said this before

I know because I ripped it and posted it to Facebook

[edit] oh I see you've made it topical

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

seen a guy walking around in the neighbourhood over the last couple days in a hospital workers uniform, but wearing a shower cap too.

don't think the shower cap's gonna help much mate

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Honestly, it might :thonk:

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
They've finally decided they're going to disenfect poo poo like our desks and the computer rooms daily as a precaution to prevent the virus. It caused quite some consternation with the teachers whose desks are essentially piles of paper. I recycled anything I didn't need and crammed all of my food poo poo in my bottom drawer so that things are clear. Perhaps the dead cockroach population that lives under my desk will disappear along with the coating of dust.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Raged posted:

90% of the time I have lived in Bathurst I have rented from people I know. Never a bit of drama.

I'm moving to the Sydney area and holy poo poo it sucks rear end trying to get a place. It's not like I don't have a good job or anything.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The person who sits next to me at work is off sick till the 26th :tif:

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

The person who sits next to me at work is off sick till the 26th :tif:

The guy next to me has been away all week isolated and spent all the week prior at a conference with a bunch of foreigners.

Wondering what the chance of him actually being infected is

Our office/room has been nicknamed the incubator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
We can’t implement working from home until they get the vpn system to stop crashing and in the five years I’ve worked here they’ve never managed to do that even under normal load.