Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Facebook Aunt posted:

I would live in all these houses.

These are actually way more tasteful than I would expect with that keyword.

Youth Decay posted:

looks very safe

:stonk:

Bubbacub fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Mar 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Bubbacub posted:

These are actually way more tasteful than I would expect with that keyword.

And those are actually the most out-there houses I could find. As with funky, whimsical is usually realtorspeak for "has colors other than white gray or beige", but it can also mean "has a garden" or "has a themed kids bedroom".

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

This dome's been on the market since 2015.

fralbjabar
Jan 26, 2007
I am a meat popscicle.

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Not sure if this is where to post this, but how do I remove this kind of phone plate? The weird button bolt things don’t pull out, and they just spin it I try to twist them.

https://ibb.co/pyRR2gk

See if you can get a flathead into that slot on the right hand side of it in the picture? It looks like that should let you pry out the central plastic part of the cover, and I'd be willing to bet there's screws behind that.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

The Zillow search term of the day is "treehouse" (that's realtorspeak for "has a balcony" btw)

probably a DIY nightmare underneath but I'm a sucker for old A-frames

the only actual treehouse in the entire search

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It's only a real treehouse if it comes from the trehosse region of France

Otherwise it's just sparkling rustic

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

https://www.domain.com.au/property-profile/136-138-georges-river-crescent-oyster-bay-nsw-2225

wow

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I can't even begin to imagine what that sold for. 10s of millions I would think. Even a hovel would sell for a million dollars there.

A lot of the furnishing are gorgeous; but it is way too cluttered with knickknacks

The Lord Bude fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Mar 18, 2020

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I've noticed that every time I go through a slideshow, I involuntarily blink every time I advance to the next slide, and now I'm curious if that happens to anyone else.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

They forgot to remove the 90 year old coot from one of the pictures.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

The Lord Bude posted:

I can't even begin to imagine what that sold for. 10s of millions I would think. Even a hovel would sell for a million dollars there.

A lot of the furnishing are gorgeous; but it is way too cluttered with knickknacks

Yeah, way too much poo poo in there. The furniture would be good for them to leave, since it fits, but get rid of all them knicknacks.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

drgitlin posted:

They forgot to remove the 90 year old coot from one of the pictures.

She comes with the sale. She’s actually a ghost.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Ha, I love it. I bet that old lady constantly tells her kids that when she dies all these heirlooms will be theirs, and doesn't get why they aren't excited.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

The Zillow search term of the day is "floating" (these aren't houseboats, they're ~floating homes~ since they don't move under their own power)

the 1972 version

the literally just a garage on a raft version

the $25,000 shantyboat version

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Youth Decay posted:

The Zillow search term of the day is "floating" (these aren't houseboats, they're ~floating homes~ since they don't move under their own power)

the 1972 version

the literally just a garage on a raft version

the $25,000 shantyboat version

So those are houseboats without having any advantages of the boat part?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Youth Decay posted:

the 1972 version

Wow.....that is a full-on commercial range with a commercial hood above it, not some prosumer fancy stainless range. Somebody is pretty drat serious about cooking.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

HardDiskD posted:

The better comparison is a waterfront condo, except moorage/liveaboard fees are cheaper than condo fees and there's usually a boat slip under the cabin. I can kind of see the appeal for someone who likes boating but wants a real house to come back to.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

HardDiskD posted:

The main advantages of the boat part are retained:
* Can live somewhere decent while paying a tiny fraction of the mortgage/rent for a house in the same place.

Most people who live on boats basically only do it cos it’s cheap, and only move them when they’re required to.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder if it's uninsured like a house or uninsured like a boat

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

HardDiskD posted:

They're just docks with structures on them. Ain't y'all ever seen a boathouse before? And you do insure them live houses, which is why the 'doesn't move under own power' thing is important.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

This fabulous historic queenslander style house in inner city Brisbane just sold for $13 million:

https://www.domain.com.au/14-sutherland-avenue-ascot-qld-4007-2016106061

It's gorgeous. I love the furnishings as well.

The Lord Bude fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Mar 19, 2020

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

The Zillow search term of the day is "equestrian". Yes, we're looking at Horse Barns (specifically the lounges and tack rooms of Horse Barns) That Are Nicer Than My Apartment

The next one's a bit special, because it's a time capsule of the 1980s Arabian Horse Bubble. Up until the late 1980s horses as assets were taxed differently (like livestock, essentially) and so horses in general were a popular thing for rich people to sink their money into. In the early 1980s Arabian horse breeders jumped on this and started marketing their horses to celebrities and the nouveau rich as exotic "living art". This inflated the price of Arabian horses, many of which weren't ever actually trained to be ridden, which in turn made them more popular for tax evasion, which pumped their value even more, and so on until the tax rules changed and suddenly they coudn't give away the thousands of useless genetic disasters that had flooded the market.
That is the background of this fancy rear end barn, built in 1983 at the height of the craze.

why yes, those are custom stained glass portraits of their stallions

there's a goddamn BALLROOM in the barn supposedly built for Patrick Swayze to hold cocaine sex orgies parties in.

the sellers feel it is very important that you know the Swayze provenance of this property

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Are those chairs actually functional for some horse thing, or are they just uselessly facing the door/goose painting?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Nosre posted:

Are those chairs actually functional for some horse thing, or are they just uselessly facing the door/goose painting?

Just lol if you don't have a manservant to help you put on / take off your riding boots while you sit in your rich Corinthian leather chair and threaten him with a riding crop.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

The Lord Bude posted:

This fabulous historic queenslander style house in inner city Brisbane just sold for $13 million:

https://www.domain.com.au/14-sutherland-avenue-ascot-qld-4007-2016106061

It's gorgeous. I love the furnishings as well.

I love this bathroom but it also feels like I have gone fully colorblind. Also I don't want to clean it, ever.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Just lol if you don't have a manservant to help you put on / take off your riding boots while you sit in your rich Corinthian leather chair and threaten him with a riding crop.

"Cancelled TV dramas" for 200, Alex.

What is 'Fantasy Island'?

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

value-brand cereal posted:

I love this bathroom but it also feels like I have gone fully colorblind. Also I don't want to clean it, ever.

I wouldn't mind. It's all hard, impermiable surfaces and the tile there that isn't big panels of marble has black grout.

It's a mopper's paradise.

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010

value-brand cereal posted:

Pubes will be visible everywhere.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I mean if you've just dropped a cool 13 mill on a house you presumably aren't cleaning your own bathroom. When I said I liked the furnishings I meant the antique style furniture. I'm not the hugest fan of that bathroom, it looks totally out of place in that house and I would have done something more period appropriate.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

The Zillow search term of the day is "tiny"

840sf isn't really tiny and the price tag certainly isn't, but I just love this kitchen

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes

Youth Decay posted:

840sf isn't really tiny and the price tag certainly isn't, but I just love this kitchen

I just bought a place that's 840sf and the price tag on that 840sf there is exploding my mind.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Youth Decay posted:

840sf isn't really tiny[/url] and the price tag certainly isn't, but I just love this kitchen

I really can’t see much to love - those look like stock cabinets with laminate counters, the fridge doesn’t fit or look good there, and there’s not even an extractor over the stove.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Kase moch posted:

I just bought a place that's 840sf and the price tag on that 840sf there is exploding my mind.

The land (0.64 waterfront acres in Cape Cod) alone is worth like $500k.

wooger posted:

I really can’t see much to love - those look like stock cabinets with laminate counters, the fridge doesn’t fit or look good there, and there’s not even an extractor over the stove.

Double electric oven + antique gas range + a lot more counterspace than is typical in a "vacation" cottage.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Youth Decay posted:

Is that a closet toilet?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Youth Decay posted:

Double electric oven + antique gas range + a lot more counterspace than is typical in a "vacation" cottage.

Okay.....but other than what was already mentioned there is a single bare bulb expertly positioned as to have you casting shadows on any work surface (or the stove) that you might be using after dark.

It's really poorly thought out and the three appliances I can see seem to be purposefully chosen to clash.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

HardDiskD posted:

Is that a closet toilet?

Nope just a very small bathroom.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

The Zillow search term of the day is "straw bale"

kitty :3:

would live maximally here

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Youth Decay posted:

The Zillow search term of the day is "straw bale"

Some of these are outright nice.
If you can stand the rustic look, and you’re prepared to do the research I think you can do a lot worse than a straw bale house.

I’ve seen a couple of these on grand designs (Channel 4 UK tv show) which I’m running through the back catalogue of just now.

Both fine, though you have to be extremely rigorous about running services correctly.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

The Zillow search term of the day is "local artist"

DOG SHRINE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad