Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Judakel posted:

I cannot picture mcconnell jeopardizing the opportunity to replace RBG. Tom Cotton is the one that suprised me, speaking up about means testing in a private meeting. Get it together Giraffe Hitler.

At the end . The white nationalists are just ethno liberals who hate the poor as much as Nancy Pelosi. No matter their color and will resort to means testing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
like 3% of republican primary voters voted for Weld or whoever the gently caress so I guess a couple of them exist

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Tetracube posted:

I will however laugh my rear end off if Biden's VP, who nobody voted for or likes, becomes the first woman president

So brave. An inspiration.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6dCJ8ZONws

oops wrong thread whatever works here too :d2a:

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
NeverTrumpers exist. My dad is one. A lifelong republican, he voted for a democrat for the first time in his life in 2008 because of Palin, then voted Romney, then voted Clinton because of Trump, and he will vote for whoever goes against Trump this time too.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

NotWearingPants posted:

NeverTrumpers exist. My dad is one. A lifelong republican, he voted for a democrat for the first time in his life in 2008 because of Palin, then voted Romney, then voted Clinton because of Trump, and he will vote for whoever goes against Trump this time too.

Your dad is a neoliberal. My condolences.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

olives black posted:

I'm going to write in Matt Christman

If no one good runs in 2024 he better loving do it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Silber_Lining/status/1240275118510804993

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
joe biden and the DNC will have caused the deaths of thousands of his elderly supporters by the time this is all over and that's... pretty cool

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Streak posted:

joe biden and the DNC will have caused the deaths of thousands of his elderly supporters by the time this is all over and that's... pretty cool

It'll be a lot more than "thousands", the primaries functioned as super nodes to effectively spread the disease to as many as possible, in the shortest time possible. See my post in the Succ thread on the subject here:

Pingui posted:

Lock them up

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
I can't imagine lining up in public during death plague to vote for Joe Biden. Just lmao

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Pingui posted:

It'll be a lot more than "thousands", the primaries functioned as super nodes to effectively spread the disease to as many as possible, in the shortest time possible. See my post in the Succ thread on the subject here:

It's okay I didn't need to sleep ever

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

hhhat posted:

It's okay I didn't need to sleep ever

Sorry, did write a disclaimer at the top :-/

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Streak posted:

drat now I love biden

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Pingui posted:

There are going to be epidemiological studies comparing Ohio and Illinois after the plague years. The democratic primaries are going to be directly compared to the Philadelphia parade during the spanish flu and people are going to ask why it wasn't delayed, and the answer is going to be they needed Joe Biden to win the nomination

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

But on the other hand I'm fine with boomer death. Many Sanders supporters stayed at home to try and limit the plague, while boomers turned out in masses to support Biden. Its extremely on brand for the last, spite fueled act of boomers to be refusing to believe science and turning out to deny the same healthcare they get to others.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Nix Panicus posted:

But on the other hand I'm fine with boomer death. Many Sanders supporters stayed at home to try and limit the plague, while boomers turned out in masses to support Biden. Its extremely on brand for the last, spite fueled act of boomers to be refusing to believe science and turning out to deny the same healthcare they get to others.

Don't read if you like to sleep sound:
Unfortunately it isn't contained to the people voting, nor to boomers. I am pretty scared on behalf of medical personnel when triage is performed on an industrial scale, between people that get the 50/50 shot and the people that get almost certain death. I predict some people will not take the triage results well, and that they and/or their families might have access to firearms. It'll be bad, really bad.

Pingui has issued a correction as of 03:02 on Mar 19, 2020

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

maybe the class action lawsuits in two weeks will be something even the msm can’t ignore. gently caress it, all bets are off, if anything can suddenly reverse the margins of this race, it’s Perez and Biden leading thousands to their deaths just to deny people healthcare

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Good

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

My wife and I started self isolating a week ago after she worked out she had direct contact with someone who went to the Biogen conference. She personally pushed for the non-profit she works for to shut down on site services *before* community spread took off, and is now trying to work out how to keep supplies and checks running during the crisis. I've spent hours talking my mother-in-law into taking this seriously and not wandering out because she didn't see what the fuss was. I begged my brother-in-law's group home to start quarantine measures early. I've ordered whatever extra supplies and self care things I could for our families (the oximeter thing has been great for keeping people from running off to the hospital). We've put a lot of effort into protecting those around us.

So, now that I've run out of things I can do to positively affect the world around me I'm rooting for the virus to wipe out the elderly. I understand how triage works, I've followed the news out of Italy. gently caress em, and may their names be reviled by history.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Ladies and gentlemen your next President of the USA.

https://twitter.com/BetaODork/status/1240236737768689664

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Hamelekim posted:

Ladies and gentlemen your next President of the USA.

https://twitter.com/BetaODork/status/1240236737768689664

It really pisses me off that this is what Biden is like most of the time, but the campaign managed to drug him up enough to seem lucid for two hours.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

King of Solomon posted:

It really pisses me off that this is what Biden is like most of the time, but the campaign managed to drug him up enough to seem lucid for two hours.

We don't know what he's like most of the time, maybe most of the time he's mostly okay.

But that shouldn't even been entertained seriously as being good enough even if it's true, for a job that's as high stress, high stakes, and permanently on-call as the Presidency. 2016 was whatever, neolibs gonna neolib, but the people pushing Biden are obscenely irresponsible and unlike Clinton there is no rational argument, no matter how twisted, that could justify voting this man into power.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Epic High Five posted:

I had originally thought their plan was to co-opt Bernie's infrastructure and turn it into a Biden project, which is of course such a dumb idea that only Dems could run with it, but their total failure to even make bland overtures to his supporters is leading me to believe they probably just believe Trump is gonna for-sure lose and they don't really need to work too hard in the general

Relax. #HesGotThis

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

TULSI NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

https://twitter.com/SeanLangille/status/1240483057192353793

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Epic High Five posted:

I had originally thought their plan was to co-opt Bernie's infrastructure and turn it into a Biden project, which is of course such a dumb idea that only Dems could run with it, but their total failure to even make bland overtures to his supporters is leading me to believe they probably just believe Trump is gonna for-sure lose and they don't really need to work too hard in the general

what if they really are paid opposition? there is a limit to how dumb they can be right?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

gently caress, who am I going to vote for now?

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

gently caress, who am I going to vote for now?

Bernie sanders

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I managed to crack-ping my wife tonight over the dems' insistence on means testing coronavirus aid. I told her it was hilarious how Trump was advocating for farther-left action than the supposed "left" party was, and how the dems were insisting on a bunch of dumb rules. She said she thought that tiered payments / restrictions were probably a good idea, until I explained just what means testing has historically meant and why it's just, as always, a cover so that the dems don't need to do poo poo. Between that and the dems tightening restrictions on the paid time off bill, she got pretty mad and said "that makes me not even want to be a democrat anymore", and that made me happy. I really think their absolute dogshit handling of this crisis is going to do some damage to them. A boy can dream.

This is a woman who tends to keep her distance from politics and up until me not shutting the gently caress up about Iowa, largely fell for the "blue good guys, red bad guys" view of party politics in this country, again because she largely didn't give a gently caress and didn't get engaged. I would talk about stuff occasionally, like my criticism of Obama, but she loved him (and still does, we haven't gotten into that yet lol) and just really didn't want to hear it.

This poo poo lately has changed that, and it gives me hope for others out there like her

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
well at least when the november disaster hits I wont feel bad like I did in 2016, I'll just feel nothing as I wear my communist beret and hang up a picture of Stalin, Mao, and Castro in my living room. Because honestly nothing can be done about the liberals other than going full commie.

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 08:15 on Mar 19, 2020

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Matt Christman 2024.

Yelling at Civil War statues for freedom.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
I laughed in 2016 when I checked the news to see the results. Lol she sucked

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

yeah I already don’t give a poo poo that trump is gonna win in November lol makes the election cycle way less stressful

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

FrancisFukyomama posted:

maybe the class action lawsuits in two weeks will be something even the msm can’t ignore. gently caress it, all bets are off, if anything can suddenly reverse the margins of this race, it’s Perez and Biden leading thousands to their deaths just to deny people healthcare

In two weeks we may have a million cases.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Trump is gonna win the most lopsided election since Reagan in '84, isn't he

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

chaleski posted:

Trump is gonna win the most lopsided election since Reagan in '84, isn't he

As of right now, yes, but the situation changes every 5 minutes or so

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

Rastor posted:

As of right now, yes, but the situation changes every 5 minutes or so

Yeah we don’t even know how bad poo poo is about to get. Trump was downplaying the virus early on, and it could come around to bite him in the rear end if a few million+ Americans die from Corona.

Of course Trump has yet to be held accountable for a single gently caress up in his life so far. But that includes nature holding him accountable for being an old lazy fat gently caress. I’d give him only a 80-90% chance at best of living if he gets it, even with the best medical care in the world.

So a solid 5-10% chance the President might die in the next few weeks. Everything’s chaotic as gently caress right now.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

The virus won't matter, its effects on workers will, especially Trump voting ones.

But the cult is real deep and Trump has some insane gift of luck, so who knows in chaos timeline.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I legitimately cannot sleep tonight because the sheer cruel irresponsibility of those public primaries is just... this is literally comic book supervillainy. Kid cages and all that poo poo is abhorrent, but it tracks in the light of "they see non-whites as subhuman" and you at least understand the hosed up reasoning and how you justify any of that. Throwing gasoline on the fire that is a raging pandemic, with your own people in the meat grinder, literally no thought to the consequences of any of this. The DNC just screaming "DIE, DIE FOR DARKSEID" and pointing at a voting basement packed to the gills.

And it wasn't even the killing blow they were grasping at. I just... I'm speechless. Do those absolute ghouls have this same poo poo in their heads right now? Are they perfectly okay to shack up in a bunker tonight and rest without a second thought? Will a single person involved in this... this is probably equivalent to a war crime if it isn't outright, what the gently caress, are any of them ever going to have a moment's remorse for this, will someone else snap and realize the enormity of this outright failure, or is it just another roadbump that they won't think twice about in a week? Or in two or three, when the aftermath begins, will a single loving higher-up pale because they did this, to living, equal human beings?

WHAT THE ACTUAL gently caress, MAN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

everyone at my polling place had to share the same pen and bottle of purell lol