Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

mediaphage posted:

Pretty sure for the moment it's the US and UK (they haven't said Canada either way yet) and also limited to third party sellers; Amazon's own supply lines are still fine, apparently.

It’s all 3rd party for the brewing stuff. Also, looks like they’ve only got dry malt extract and a limited selection of hops at non-usurious prices.

Toronto Brewing is closed (and rip Brew North) but it looks like Short Finger in Kitchener is still shipping orders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Whiskey_Dick posted:

gently caress I better order more hops

https://shortfingerbrewing.com/

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

Is the LCBO closing permanently?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Stretch Marx posted:

So due to my Crohn's Disease I have to take Humira injections which basically causes my immune-system to civil war every 10 days. I also take Imuran which is a straight up immuno-suppressent. Getting spicy

:whatup: staring on the edge of the abyss buddy

Whiskey_Dick
Feb 10, 2009
Thanks goons for good hop suppliers

I wish our government was half as collaborative and efficient at managing this crisis as we are at finding beer ingredients.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I've been pretty impressed with how many of the local breweries started offering delivery this week tbh :canada:.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I tried to order chicken from Instacart but there was none :(

I got some fish at least. I'm not sure what to do for tomorrow.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Seems like most local breweries have stopped accepting personal growlers for fills, but Storm Brewing is still doing so and disinfecting each growler from a make shift service window at their door. They're also offering extended keg rentals for 14 days now.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Good luck, Albertans.

https://twitter.com/Jantafrench/status/1240385480035897344

Helsing posted:

Checking now and they are up to 212 so yeah they are updating, I think they just missed their deadline. Also mea culpa I hosed up that last post, meant to say they hadn't updated this morning, they did report numbers yesterday, just suspiciously low. Thanks for the fact check.

To be clear I'm not alleging that there is suppression of the numbers (though when they didn't update the website today I did think it was possible they were delaying until the Premiers press conference, which clearly wasn't the case). My concern is that rather than take extraordinary steps to deal with this the government at every layer is trying to pretend that the stuff it is already doing is adequate. The low number of tests isn't entirely surprising given the massive inadequacy of the system to perform tests right now but that makes it much more urgent that the government take the steps it can take and that the government actually communicate the seriousness of the situation to its citizens.

Next push from Ontario should be any time now.

The issue I'm seeing a lot of people bringing up is that they're not specifically testing for community transmission. There's a big testing centre in Ottawa, for example, that won't administer unless you've been outside the country and manifested symptoms since coming back.

Meantime, one of the Ottawa Senators has the virus. It's the first case in the NHL, so at least the Sens are #1 in something!

Whiskey_Dick
Feb 10, 2009

:wtc:

Is that a drafting error or

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I booked April off work because I was supposed to have elective surgery early in the month, and needed time for convalescence. Now it's postponed, I'm still booked off, and I'm at loose ends until May because I work for the school board so I'm out the rest of March too.

I think I'm going to take my parents up on their offer and take the cat and the desktop for a visit for a while. Getting groceries is a pain in the rear end for me even when people aren't panic buying.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Whiskey_Dick posted:

Ah, here you go. In the replies.

https://twitter.com/MattWolfAB/status/1240396775921463302

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Whiskey_Dick posted:

Through regulation, the Alberta government can say "if you take this leave, you can't get fired for it". This regulation puts in place the job-protection part of the leave immediately.

The "paid" part of the leave, which they announced on Friday, will need an act of the legislature.

Gorewar
Dec 24, 2004

Bang your head

infernal machines posted:

How absolutely deranged do you have to be, to be even peripherally aware of the current situation and believe this?

capital thinking that they're going to "power of a positive outlook" their way out of this

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Leofish posted:

Good luck, Albertans.

https://twitter.com/Jantafrench/status/1240385480035897344

Next push from Ontario should be any time now.

The issue I'm seeing a lot of people bringing up is that they're not specifically testing for community transmission. There's a big testing centre in Ottawa, for example, that won't administer unless you've been outside the country and manifested symptoms since coming back.

Meantime, one of the Ottawa Senators has the virus. It's the first case in the NHL, so at least the Sens are #1 in something!

Yeah, this is my problem with the issue. I know, they're still triaging based on limited test count, but this is getting increasingly absurd.

Not that it makes it better but ontario alone has tested more people than the entire US. Thankful/shocked they closed the border.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.
A retired boomer Albertan friend FW:FW:FW:ed this TheJuiceMedia clip to me. It's a good reminder that Australia is being run by a God-bothering neoliberal wanker with HarperCo on speed dial in a government that manages to regularly out-stupid Alberta's. Things could be worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hks6Nq7g6P4

I was going to reciprocate by sending TheJuiceMedia's climate change clip (my friend is a climate change denier) but I'm not feeling particularly vindictive this afternoon.

Re: Hops: Grow your own, man! (Just in case we're in this for the long haul - you should have a crop by autumn.)

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
gently caress Sonya Savage is at the daily press conference with Jason Kenney.

This is not the reassurance I want in these times!

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Hexigrammus posted:

Re: Hops: Grow your own, man! (Just in case we're in this for the long haul - you should have a crop by autumn.)
The last time I brewed beer, it was with some hops grown from a clipping ( or maybe he dug up some roots/rhyzomes too) my friend took from a public park in Kelowna. Turned out great!

Stay safe goons. Don't mix with new groups. Don't get chilled.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
gently caress I'm happy im not American... Too bad their descent into abyss will probably crush us too.

Also anyone knows if teachers in Alberta are still getting paid? Right now we're all paid in QC but they will probably announce that school is off for the rest of the year soon so I'm kind of anxious

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
I love that the Feds bungled legalization so badly that there is no non-membership dispensary left on the downtown peninsula, they all transitioned to web shops, which I can't order from in a hotel.

Just another way the Trudeau government has cocked up a simple job. Delightful.

All I wanted to do was sleep more than 3.5 hours tonight. :(

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

KingColliwog posted:

gently caress I'm happy im not American... Too bad their descent into abyss will probably crush us too.

Also anyone knows if teachers in Alberta are still getting paid? Right now we're all paid in QC but they will probably announce that school is off for the rest of the year soon so I'm kind of anxious

If you have a contract, your contract still applies. Classes are cancelled, courses are not. There's a couple school boards that are paying supply teachers an amount per month equal to the average number of days that they would work in a month. The major boards still haven't adopted it yet, but I would be surprised if they didn't.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Rime posted:

I love that the Feds bungled legalization so badly that there is no non-membership dispensary left on the downtown peninsula, they all transitioned to web shops, which I can't order from in a hotel.

On the bright side I can pay $80-$120 for $10 worth of edibles now.

Well... in theory, if everything wasn’t closed.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Rime posted:

Nothing on weedmaps?

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Rime posted:

Isn’t this the provinces fault?

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Whomevers loving fault it is, blame them as I continue shitposting into the surface of the sun.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Helsing posted:

Checking now and they are up to 212 so yeah they are updating, I think they just missed their deadline. Also mea culpa I hosed up that last post, meant to say they hadn't updated this morning, they did report numbers yesterday, just suspiciously low. Thanks for the fact check.

To be clear I'm not alleging that there is suppression of the numbers (though when they didn't update the website today I did think it was possible they were delaying until the Premiers press conference, which clearly wasn't the case). My concern is that rather than take extraordinary steps to deal with this the government at every layer is trying to pretend that the stuff it is already doing is adequate. The low number of tests isn't entirely surprising given the massive inadequacy of the system to perform tests right now but that makes it much more urgent that the government take the steps it can take and that the government actually communicate the seriousness of the situation to its citizens.

Well now there's apparently a 4 day wait for testing results due to a 3400 test backlog: https://www.thestar.com/politics/pr...-for-surge.html

Four days. Jesus Christ.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Consider making a donation to the food bank of Canada. They are getting hit hard by this crisis.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Done!

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Rime posted:

Weedmaps.ca to find a delivery company, just pick a random address somewhere nearby and let them know to call when there you will meet outside. 2 hours tops.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
I was somewhat concerned when I poked into the mall this eve and there was a 10 person line at the ATM.

Turned out the card readers weren't working at the grocery store, no apocalypse yet.

Gave me a bit of an uhhhhhhhhhhhh moment though.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

The Butcher posted:

I was somewhat concerned when I poked into the mall this eve and there was a 10 person line at the ATM.

Turned out the card readers weren't working at the grocery store, no apocalypse yet.

Gave me a bit of an uhhhhhhhhhhhh moment though.

TD is also closing a ton of branches indefinitely. There goes getting options enabled for my account.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

Tossed them $100!

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Where and how do I get my trudeau cheque

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

mila kunis posted:

Where and how do I get my trudeau cheque

I want to know how to get my trudough too. Add me to that list.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

sweet thursday posted:

I want to know how to get my trudough too. Add me to that list.

Get promoted to management at Bombardier.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
Edmonton family doc trip report:

Roads are mostly empty. I biked to work today and was only nearly hit by one car, which is about 1/3 of usual.

I was able to do all but one appointment by phone today, which was good. It's weirdly busy and boring at the same time. I feel my job is to keep as many people as possible out of the ER, and keeping them out of the clinic helps in that. My college is now substantially more lenient on how often you need to see people with opioid issues, so I've just been refilling meds remotely and telling people I'll see them in the summer.

My resident has nothing to do while I'm doing phone visits, so she's read most of a short story collection by Murakami. She'll eventually be dragooned into service when enough front-line hospital staff get sick so I've encouraged her to take as much of a break as possible now. And see any patients who actually do show up in person.

My body temperature remains absolutely normal, which is kind of sad in a way because it means I feel this lovely for no actual physical reason. I wasn't sleeping well for months prior to this because... *gestures at everything* so that probably has a lot to do with my fatigue. Five of our providers are either in self-isolation, or in one case stuck in New Zealand, so time off isn't going to be an option for a while - not that there's anything else to do but go to work. I mostly feel bad for my wife who's stuck at home with two young kids who are rapidly developing cabin fever.

Also the only thing I've actually seen a shortage of in the grocery stores here is yeast, weirdly enough. I picked up the last pack at the Italian Centre because my sister-in-law wants to learn how to bake during quarantine.

The roads were emptier still on the way home.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Old Swerdlow posted:

Tossed them $100!

:same:

Also organize with your neighbours y'all, make sure people can still get food and other essentials when things get worse.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Albino Squirrel posted:

My body temperature remains absolutely normal, which is kind of sad in a way because it means I feel this lovely for no actual physical reason.

I wouldn't be too sure there's no physical reason.

Wife and I both woke up today feeling spaced and slow with dry coughs.

98.6 temp bang on, but an odd flush on the cheeks. I deffo did dumb exposure poo poo.

Brain doesn't seem to be working at full power, but body is ok.

archaeo
Nov 5, 2009

may the power of Hecate compel you

PT6A posted:

[upgunned shitpost posted:
landlords applying for mortgage holidays, while still charging rent then using the funds to snap up dead boomer properties is peak liberal policy. truly hilarious.]

Anyone who does that should have their house expropriated from them and given to their renter, and then have their head expropriated from their shoulders.
It is good to see you coming over to the side of the Angels, PT6A

:guillotine:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

berenzen posted:

If you have a contract, your contract still applies. Classes are cancelled, courses are not. There's a couple school boards that are paying supply teachers an amount per month equal to the average number of days that they would work in a month. The major boards still haven't adopted it yet, but I would be surprised if they didn't.

Thanks, that's reassuring