Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Waffle! posted:

I'm going for peaches, and setting up in a spot that overlooks the beach.

🍑 buds
Everyone get ready to enjoy a delicious ripe 🍑 in two days

e: :hellyeah: 🍑 snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

hey one quick question that I'm sure has been answered, do rocks and trees respawn or can you gently caress your island right up by getting too buck wild on fruit?

A couple rocks respawn each day, assuming you've left room for them. Trees must be replanted manually.

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

My only forbidden fruit is pear. Easily the worst available fruit. There is no discussion.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Johnny Joestar posted:

is there more confirmation from that datamine or are we just going off of like one line of code?
It's literally just a text string in the list of doors, apparently, that says "museumHaniwa" [gyroid], and "museumCafe"

As far as I know there's no assets associated with those things, so it suggests these things will be added in the future.

This kind of meshes with something I've been thinking might be the case, that they're not even adding in "late game" stuff to the files until enough time has passed that people can reasonably get them. They clearly care about time traveling spoilers based on how they're doing the events, so why not do late game stuff the same way?

Kalsco posted:

My only forbidden fruit is pear. Easily the worst available fruit. There is no discussion.
I'm going to be resetting my town until I get pears. :colbert:

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Kalsco posted:

My only forbidden fruit is pear cherry. Easily the worst available fruit. There is no discussion.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Obligatory quarantine starting tomorrow on my country. New Horizons releasing in 2 days. Never played an Animal Crossing game. Sell me on it.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Kalsco posted:

I could eat a pear for hooourss

Catalina
May 20, 2008

LODGE NORTH posted:

Yeah, it's all the green ones here. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wPYE5ONrGeG_BSmwo4PxpjDpsGEDe5KcwrOgI0M9TbU/edit?usp=sharing

At $225/198, I'd be paying about $1.14 per card - shipping's included too. I'm not super well versed on *every* villagers, but out of the ones I love, I only see Erik and some NPCs missing.

I mean, when you buy the cheapest cards individually, they’re about $5 each with shipping. I think there’s something like 300+ villagers included in NH, so you’d be getting roughly 2/3rds of all possible villagers.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

lezard_valeth posted:

Obligatory quarantine starting tomorrow on my country. New Horizons releasing in 2 days. Never played an Animal Crossing game. Sell me on it.

it's a chill game where you can fish and hunt for bugs and make friends and run a cute town and do interior and exterior design and find out a bunch of weird secrets, and also visit other people's islands to see what they've done and get stuff from them + give stuff to them and basically get to check in every day to see what's up with things in a very stress-free environment

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Welp, they just closed the mall where I pre-ordered my copy of New Horizons for two weeks. Good thing I already bought it again digitally.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Electric Phantasm posted:

So even with the update you can't time travel to Bunny Day, it won't actually unlock until the Easter period in April and you need to be connected to the internet to do so.

The wording isn't clear if this something you need to do every year or just a one time thing.

It'd be more worrying preservation-wise if this wasn't made by the same team that made it so you can access all the Splatfest maps in Splatoon 2 after the last one last year.

It seems like they're really serious about this entry being one that gets continuously updated throughout the years and not just through distributing items already in the game code like with the last few entries.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

lezard_valeth posted:

Imagine if you could go outside again, except a video game

but for real the quarantine has introduced a really interesting social component to this game beyond what it normally entails. All my friends from school who are also seniors have mostly moved away and they cancelled our student gallery show and I legit might not see any of them ever again in person and it sucks that a lot of friendships were just swept out from under me but we've all got a groupchat going and we're all gonna visit each others towns and Im very excited about it

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Johnny Joestar posted:

it's a chill game where you can fish and hunt for bugs and make friends and run a cute town and do interior and exterior design and find out a bunch of weird secrets, and also visit other people's islands to see what they've done and get stuff from them + give stuff to them and basically get to check in every day to see what's up with things in a very stress-free environment

Are the games enjoyable even without online or will I be missing on a huge chunk without it? How does it stand out from other build your own village games?

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Imagine if you could go outside again, except a video game

:lol:

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

but for real the quarantine has introduced a really interesting social component to this game beyond what it normally entails. All my friends from school who are also seniors have mostly moved away and they cancelled our student gallery show and I legit might not see any of them ever again in person and it sucks that a lot of friendships were just swept out from under me but we've all got a groupchat going and we're all gonna visit each others towns and Im very excited about it

This is actually really cool, haven't thought about it :unsmith:

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Mar 19, 2020

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

lezard_valeth posted:

Would you like to escape to a very chill place where everyone is friendly, cute, and also just ever so slightly off-kilter?

A place that affords you almost limitless options to set it up in just the way you want it?

A place that rewards you for taking the time to do small things every day but also will reward you to go above and beyond?

A place, that above all, simply invites you to explore, talk to your friends, and create in the most patient and zen-like way possible?

Cause that’s what Animal Crossing offers. Embrace the :3 and enjoy whatever you’d like to do.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

LODGE NORTH posted:

Yeah, it's all the green ones here. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wPYE5ONrGeG_BSmwo4PxpjDpsGEDe5KcwrOgI0M9TbU/edit?usp=sharing

At $225/198, I'd be paying about $1.14 per card - shipping's included too. I'm not super well versed on *every* villagers, but out of the ones I love, I only see Erik and some NPCs missing.

Put another way, with my lazy mental math, including the NPC cards, you’re probably getting about 1/2 available villagers for 80% off paying what you would if you bought them individually. Maybe 65%-70% off in total, since the NPC cards don’t seem to be worth very much.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Eiba posted:

I'm going to be resetting my town until I get pears. :colbert:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

lezard_valeth posted:

Are the games enjoyable even without online or will I be missing on a huge chunk without it? How does it stand out from other build your own village games?

:lol:

This is actually really cool, haven't thought about it :unsmith:

i would say that you'd be fine without online. it's neat to be able to visit others, but ultimately you're not going to be missing out on vast chunks of the experience without it like some games practically are. it's overall really focused on being relaxing and letting you take things at the pace you want to instead of pressuring you to make a bunch of money or poopsock a bunch of crops or whatever the hell. time passes in accordance with actual real time so you'll get to watch the seasons change as they do in real life and see various new bugs and fish and whatever come out depending on that and also the time of day + various things that attract them. it's nice if you want something to have a reason to check in on every day without having to be obligated towards multiple hours to get anything done.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Haven't decided if I'm going to reset to make sure I get apples and a blue airport. Guess we'll see how much you have to go through before you know what you have.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

LostRook posted:

https://twitter.com/OatmealDome/

There's apparently also anti-cheat/mod detection mentioned.

Resetti ready to drop some four-letter words before dumping you unscrupulous types off in the middle of the ocean

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

If I buy this off the us nintendo store can I start preloading right now? I got slow internet and its looking like my amazon order might not come through.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

You need online to enjoy Splatoon so you might as well get online for Animal Crossing :unsmith:

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Rabid Snake posted:

If I buy this off the us nintendo store can I start preloading right now? I got slow internet and its looking like my amazon order might not come through.

Yes, I pre-downloaded like Monday morning so you'll get in the nanosecond it opens up

DayGloOreo
May 2, 2012

Fblthp had always hated crowds.

I might set my character up as a forest hermit tucked away on a corner of my island, as far away from the shops/other residents as possible. I really like the whole early game camping theme and want to get as much mileage out of it as I can.
Also, can I be a member of the raccoon goon gang please?

krel
Oct 24, 2006

Manny being Manny

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Yes, I pre-downloaded like Monday morning so you'll get in the nanosecond it opens up

I've never preloaded on the switch before. Will this be up at midnight EST for east coasters or some other time?

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

d3lness posted:

Haven't decided if I'm going to reset to make sure I get apples and a blue airport. Guess we'll see how much you have to go through before you know what you have.
I can kind of answer that. This is apparently how the start of the game goes:
You pick your face and hemisphere with the nooklings in an airport before you get to choose one of four map for your island. You then watch a (skippable) cutscene. You then watch a cutscene of your plane flying over the island (possibly unskippable). You will see fruits during this flyover. You then walk out of the airport with two other villagers.

The game doesn't save during any of this, so you can do all of this and then hit the home button and end software to reset it all. (Or reset earlier if you don't like the map options.)

Seems pretty easy to be honest. I'm going for Pears and not-red/yellow/orange airport, and I don't think it'll take all that long.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

krel posted:

I've never preloaded on the switch before. Will this be up at midnight EST for east coasters or some other time?

Midnight EST everywhere, so no rolling release times

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
DAWN OF THE FINAL DAY

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Crampy Grampaw posted:

DAWN OF THE FINAL DAY

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
24 hours y’all.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I hope that anti-cheat/anti-mod stuff does something hilarious like make pirated copies only able to fish up sea bass and wasps drop from every tree. I don't think Isabelle is cool with piracy.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Silently hoping that the Animal Crossing Nintengoons discord goons are as ride or die as the Splatoon ones are.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Last town I played in I had peaches. 🍑 Kinda hoping for something different but I'm just going to go with the flow.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Somebody is not welcome in my town.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Pre-ordered for my first AC adventure.

Does anyone want my Switch Online trial code? First one to email me at mamstone AT firehawktechnologies DOT com will get it . Will send in the AM.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Going in for my final sleep before ACNH. It's crazy how we got here. Look at us.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i might have gotten my wish about my work closing down due to coronavirus so i can play this more

i think i have it

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i might have gotten my wish about my work closing down due to coronavirus so i can play this more

i think i have it

:same:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0eg4icJ3h8

Switch getting messaging through Animal Crossing.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Special edition switch finally arrived

My body is ready

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Any ausgoons know what time it’s playable here? I’m assuming 12:01 AM Friday?