Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do we finish this season
Award the title now
No title at all
Playoff tournament
Finish the season at a later date
Dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed
View Results

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

June 2021 though, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Don't report conjecture as fact, the Prem haven't their Thursday meeting yet. I am sure sensible minds will prevhahahaha

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I’m looking forward to the quadruple header games until all the players drop of exhaustion and/or coronavirus

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
The Big Red Boys of Merseyside will be club world champions for two years now that FIFA have postponed the new club world cup.

Kiss the rings!

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Liverpool gonna get a treble of asterisks lol

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Hopefully we put them on the kit like Juventus.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Bundy posted:

Liverpool gonna get THE treble of asterisks lol

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bundy posted:

Liverpool gonna get a treble of asterisks lol

lol

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

http://www.thefa.com/news/2020/mar/...jHZuoU84l3LEw3U

quote:

We're united in our commitment to finding ways of resuming the 2019-20 football season and ensuring all domestic and European club league and cup matches are played as soon as it is safe and possible to do so.

[...]

The FA’s Rules and Regulations state that “the season shall terminate not later than the 1 June” and “each competition shall, within the limit laid down by The FA, determine the length of its own playing season”.

However, our Board has agreed for this limit to be extended indefinitely for the 2019-20 season in relation to professional football. Additionally, we've collectively agreed that the professional game in England will be further postponed until no earlier than Thursday 30 April.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Xabi posted:

Hopefully we put them on the kit like Juventus.

Lol

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Lol sure if you want "*bounced out of the FA Cup by Gary McAllister's FM regen"

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Bundy posted:

Lol sure if you want "*bounced out of the FA Cup by Gary McAllister's FM regen"

"You'll never sing that"

Etc etc.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Speaking of songs

https://twitter.com/celticfc/status/1240679066044424193?s=21

Guess what CPT is.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Total Meatlove posted:

Guess what CPT is.

After a cursory google of “cpt time” it surely must be something other than what google just told me

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Sandwolf posted:

After a cursory google of “cpt time” it surely must be something other than what google just told me

Celtic Park Time, as they refuse to use BST.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Surely at this juncture. Walking alone is actually the preferable thing though?

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

We didn't Brexit to walk alone!

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Total Meatlove posted:

Celtic Park Time, as they refuse to use BST.

hahahaha

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

greazeball posted:

We didn't Brexit to walk alone!

Actually...

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

virus will never know what hit it

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
None of you probably care, but in Norway we was supposed to start the season early April. As this won't happen some of the guys in the Norwegian FA have put up a proposal that we should "play fall/spring-season". The reasoning behind this is that since we can't start the season now anyhow, we should just do as everybody else does.

It seems they forget that we get blizzards and ice on the stands from november to march.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Rugby seasons have just been cancelled for all non premiership clubs.

https://www.englandrugby.com/news/article/rfu-ends-the-201920-rugby-season-in-england

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

azathosk posted:

None of you probably care, but in Norway we was supposed to start the season early April.

Same in Finland. Our season was supposed to kick off shortly (and the Finnish Cup already had), but it's now postponed. The plan is to get the season started "within two weeks of schools opening". They can't realistically delay it by that much because the season already runs so long the last rounds are often played in the snow.

Of course global warming will take care of that problem, so vOv

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

azathosk posted:

None of you probably care, but in Norway we was supposed to start the season early April. As this won't happen some of the guys in the Norwegian FA have put up a proposal that we should "play fall/spring-season". The reasoning behind this is that since we can't start the season now anyhow, we should just do as everybody else does.

It seems they forget that we get blizzards and ice on the stands from november to march.

Der Shovel posted:

Same in Finland. Our season was supposed to kick off shortly (and the Finnish Cup already had), but it's now postponed. The plan is to get the season started "within two weeks of schools opening". They can't realistically delay it by that much because the season already runs so long the last rounds are often played in the snow.

Of course global warming will take care of that problem, so vOv

Russia changed seasons at the startof the decade and the fact is it literally does not loving matter whether it's fall/spring or spring/fall, the breaks are the same in length and at the same time. You just end up with a long mid-season break. The only difference is that there is less of a lag between the european spots allocation and the actual european games.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
https://twitter.com/uefa/status/1241021985141948416?s=11

You don't have to be Euro2020 to be etc, etc...

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Alexeythegreat posted:

Russia changed seasons at the startof the decade and the fact is it literally does not loving matter whether it's fall/spring or spring/fall, the breaks are the same in length and at the same time.

Well it kind of does considering Finland is covered in snow (normally) from November to April, so it makes a hell of a lot more sense to play the football season in the half of the year where you have the least snow. As opposed to the other way around when it would be mostly snow.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

What are you all doing not watching the Belarusian Vysheyshaya Liga AKA the only not cancelled european championship

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

I'm watching a ConcaCaf playoff from a few weeks ago (?) between a MLS side and one from Liga MX, so spare me your crocodile tears, I don't think it gets any worse than that.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Well, right now there is a live game between Minsk Dinamo and Ruh! It's got ..uh... players! And ball! Ruh is in the lead!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Big Ruh fan me

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Ruh roh

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Mr. Mambold posted:

I'm watching a ConcaCaf playoff from a few weeks ago (?) between a MLS side and one from Liga MX, so spare me your crocodile tears, I don't think it gets any worse than that.
Oh it can. You could watch American university soccer...

quote:

While similar in general appearance, NCAA rules diverge significantly from FIFA Laws of the Game. A manager may make unlimited substitutions, and each player is allowed one re-entry which must occur in the second half of the match unless the substitution was caused by a player injury resulting from a caution or send-off. All matches have an overtime period if the game remains tied after 90 minutes. As opposed to a regular two-half extra time period, golden goal is applied. If neither team scores in the two ten-minute periods, the match ends in a draw (unless it is a playoff match, then it would go to a penalty shootout).

College soccer is played with a clock that can be stopped when signaled to by the referee for injuries, the issuing of cards, or when the referee believes a team is wasting time. The clock is also stopped after goals until play is restarted, and the clock generally counts down from 45:00 to 0:00 in each half. In most professional soccer leagues, there is an up-counting clock with the referee adding stoppage time to the end of each 45-minute half.[5]

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Well, never thought I'd say this. I never watched Belarus championship ever, but heh. It was good fun, obviously not as pro as EPL but real fight, never a dull moment (this particular game at least), no fake injuries like Italian football, I'm actually gonna follow this.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Crazy Ted posted:

College soccer is the purest form of American soccer

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Crazy Ted posted:

Wtf how did I not know this was how collegiate soccer is played

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Mickolution posted:

https://twitter.com/uefa/status/1241021985141948416?s=11

You don't have to be Euro2020 to be etc, etc...

They just walked this back

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Crazy Ted posted:

You're right. How and why it's actually worse than H.S. soccer mystifies me. But, it is.

your friend wicka posted:

College soccer is the purest form of American soccer

:vince:

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

They just walked this back

That was quick. They were getting pelters over it earlier. Just seems really stupid, probably something to do with trademarks and branding and poo poo.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Mr. Mambold posted:

You're right. How and why it's actually worse than H.S. soccer mystifies me. But, it is.

The best players don't play college soccer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

O2 have made all NHS websites not count against data allowance