Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

atothesquiz posted:

Good man. I'm plenty stocked and I won one of the last rounds so I'll sit this one out. Again, good on you man.

This but without the winning a previous round, that's a very kind gesture. Good stuff!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FYAD SECRETARY
Aug 14, 2003

I've been drinking Swami's and random Modern Times stuff. I think I might pull the trigger on a case of something shipped from Modern Times.

I'll eventually dig into some bottles of not very good Seven Stills whiskey.

I stupidly didn't stock up on beer from work. I was planning on grabbing a bunch on Tues after a canning run but that didn't happen

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!
Drinking nothing but Gaelic Ale in these trying times, 1994 was better days.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

atothesquiz posted:

I've been asking a few locals for keg options that don't normally sell their kegs (not due to demand but due to volume). No bites.

Interesting. I've seen plenty of places by me opening up their keg supply to the public.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
My company is deciding in the next day or two what to do with it’s on hand keg supply. If anyone is in Ohio, I’d say get ready for a fire sale on lots of kegs soon.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

funkybottoms posted:

also, if you don't have a big cellar or the ability to stock up right now due to Circumstances, pick a number between 1 and 100 and i'll randomly select a few to ship out tomorrow (assuming work is still a thing)

somebody pick a loving number

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

funkybottoms posted:

Fine, 19 seems appropriate

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

funkybottoms posted:

LOL no one wants your beer

(You make very good beer. It is very tempting for me to drink the last of what I have...)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I want his beer but I've got plenty stocked already!

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I’ve never had it!

edit:
This Stone Cold Steve Austin beer isn’t bad. Shouldn’t have drank the Fire Skulls and Money first though.

Mahoning fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Mar 19, 2020

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

I don't know who you are or what you make and I also presumably live across the border but rest assured beermaker goon that I would throw my number in if I could. Thanx for keeping the good times rollin'.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

funkybottoms posted:

uh, 72

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004
Social Distancing Day 2:

This is going to be a great way to work through my cellar. Not that this is a particularly old beer.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

atothesquiz posted:

Social Distancing Day 2:

This is going to be a great way to work through my cellar. Not that this is a particularly old beer.

did you sperg out and compare right- and left-hand pours?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

funkybottoms posted:

Do you not?

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Nth Doctor posted:

Do you not?

wtf you need THREE for a triangle tasting

Jorge Von Bacon
Nov 1, 2010
I’ve never had your beer so 32

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Hell yeah, I scored a keg of Interpreter Hazy IIPA by Ruse Brewing from a local bottle shop / tap room.

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

funkybottoms posted:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

funkybottoms posted:

also, if you don't have a big cellar or the ability to stock up right now due to Circumstances, pick a number between 1 and 100 and i'll randomly select a few to ship out tomorrow (assuming work is still a thing)

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Ive been drinking Guinness for 2 days now! I bought it to share but no on likes Guinness here...

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

random gave me 69, 20, and 67, so Hauki, dphi, and RQE need to send me their addresses

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

funkybottoms posted:

random gave me 69

During a pandemic? Risqué!

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004

funkybottoms posted:

funkybottoms posted:

wtf you need THREE for a triangle tasting

Nah, for my 3rd comparison sample, I drank it straight from the bottle.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

funkybottoms posted:

Can I just pay you for it?

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

was gonna post something funny but pretty much immediately after getting to work i found out that Omega Yeast Lab- probably the third- or fourth-biggest supplier in the country- is suspending operations indefinitely. they recently put a huge amount of money into expansion, so... well, i've gotta admit that this is the moment where poo poo has gotten really real for me

Hauki
May 11, 2010

danbanana posted:

During a pandemic? Risqué!

nice

FYAD SECRETARY
Aug 14, 2003

funkybottoms posted:

was gonna post something funny but pretty much immediately after getting to work i found out that Omega Yeast Lab- probably the third- or fourth-biggest supplier in the country- is suspending operations indefinitely. they recently put a huge amount of money into expansion, so... well, i've gotta admit that this is the moment where poo poo has gotten really real for me

yeah I'm not sure if I'll even have a job after this. we have a pretty bare bones crew of 3 in production, so that's good for me I suppose. but without the taproom bringing in money who knows how long it can go on. I'm just sitting here thinking to myself, "well, you haven't gotten a raise yet, so there's no way any new hire would be nearly as cost efficient as you."

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

funkybottoms posted:

"I've seen this before and felt nothing, but when you added Fluttershy into the picture only then could I see the true horror"

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice

funkybottoms posted:

gently caress 🙂

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
So I probably have twelve cases of beer in my garage that I won’t be sampling out to any on-premise locations any time soon so I may start trading them in a few weeks if anyone is interested in Masthead or Coronado’s core products.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
BFNA is doing a lambic auction if anyone's interested, good charity with good beer.

https://bfna2020.ggo.bid/bidding/package-browse

funkybottoms posted:

random gave me 69, 20, and 67, so Hauki, dphi, and RQE need to send me their addresses

Thanks duder, will PM the address. Will pay it forward once I make some pickups or have stuff delivered.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Now is a good time to be a craft beer fan maybe? I’ve seen several breweries are straight up setting up online stores where they’ll ship it to you. All 50 states.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Mahoning posted:

Now is a good time to be a craft beer fan maybe? I’ve seen several breweries are straight up setting up online stores where they’ll ship it to you. All 50 states.

Link plz

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Mahoning posted:

A lot of breweries are just kinda saying gently caress it to laws given everything and I don't blame them

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Fat Lou posted:

A lot of breweries are just kinda saying gently caress it to laws given everything and I don't blame them

Only question is if FedEx, UPS etc. will follow Amazon and limit deliveries to "critical goods."

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Sirotan posted:

Link plz

Urban artifact here in Ohio announced the same thing. But maybe there’s was just statewide.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

Only question is if FedEx, UPS etc. will follow Amazon and limit deliveries to "critical goods."

Amazon is still delivering, they're just limiting what suppliers can ship to their warehouses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Mahoning posted:

Urban artifact here in Ohio announced the same thing. But maybe there’s was just statewide.

gently caress yeah!

quote:

We are unable to ship beer to AL, AR, KS, KY, MA, MN, MS, NH, NY, PA, TX, UT, or WA.

:smithcloud: