Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/MattDeMino/status/1240507183114182657?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

I played a little bit of local co-op today. It was fun, but definitely a bit limited. The first villager uses an app on their NookPhone and can invite another villager to join them. The second villager then pops in and the second controller activates. The first villager is the leader. They can do anything in co-op that they can do in the regular game. The second villager is the follower. They're limited pretty heavily. They can't access their inventory, so no dropping items for the other player and no picking anything up off the ground. They can use tools, but anything they harvest with them goes into the recycling bin in Resident Services. They can't use their NookPhone, and of course they can't move out of sight of the leader. The plus side of this is that it's very easy to switch leaders. The leader just shakes their controller to give up leadership, then one of the followers hits A to take over. So certain things like swapping items has to be done in a slightly cumbersome way. The leader drops the item, then gives up leadership. The second player then takes leadership and picks the item up. It's definitely a little annoying, but it's not that much of a hassle. Switching leaders becomes second nature pretty quickly. I could see it being a bit more annoying with more than two players though.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

I played a little bit of local co-op today. It was fun, but definitely a bit limited. The first villager uses an app on their NookPhone and can invite another villager to join them. The second villager then pops in and the second controller activates. The first villager is the leader. They can do anything in co-op that they can do in the regular game. The second villager is the follower. They're limited pretty heavily. They can't access their inventory, so no dropping items for the other player and no picking anything up off the ground. They can use tools, but anything they harvest with them goes into the recycling bin in Resident Services. They can't use their NookPhone, and of course they can't move out of sight of the leader. The plus side of this is that it's very easy to switch leaders. The leader just shakes their controller to give up leadership, then one of the followers hits A to take over. So certain things like swapping items has to be done in a slightly cumbersome way. The leader drops the item, then gives up leadership. The second player then takes leadership and picks the item up. It's definitely a little annoying, but it's not that much of a hassle. Switching leaders becomes second nature pretty quickly. I could see it being a bit more annoying with more than two players though.

The first half of this post had me super worried.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Hey Infinitum, want to hit me with a 6er while you're still IK? I know you want to abuse your mod powers, and you deserve to after handing out all these gang tags.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

has anything been said about whether you can do both local and online multiplayer at the same time? my girlfriend and i are planning on sharing a town and it'd be neat for both of us to be able to visit our friends at the same time

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Nemo2342 posted:

Hey Infinitum, want to hit me with a 6er while you're still IK? I know you want to abuse your mod powers, and you deserve to after handing out all these gang tags.

theyre a more permanent ik now

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
I am ready.

http://tunes.nooknet.net/?melody=g-s-c-f-s-s-s-e-c-a-d-G-s-s-z-z&title=Star%20Trek%20Theme

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Friend of mine got his copy in the post this morning. Going digital screwed me for once :argh:

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Winklebottom posted:

Friend of mine got his copy in the post this morning. Going digital screwed me for once :argh:
Yeah I was tossing up whether to try that, but wasn't sure if Amazon would be super efficient (and not deliver it till tomorrow morning as required) or half the delivery people are off sick and I dont get it till Monday. Guess who's staying up till midnight???

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Pocket Camp x New Horizon crossover item instructions.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

i vomit kittens posted:

has anything been said about whether you can do both local and online multiplayer at the same time? my girlfriend and i are planning on sharing a town and it'd be neat for both of us to be able to visit our friends at the same time

I would also like to know!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren: Free Gangtags are closed! :siren:

If you quote this post you get a 1 day probation!
Just cause I'm tired of handing free tags out!

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Mar 21, 2020

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Oh that looks pretty simple. I'm gonna get on that tomorrow so I can get that slot machine.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Grabbing dinner and going through and queuing up the next batch

Nemo2342 posted:

I'm actually a permanent Idiot King of the Games subforum, I got upgraded!

Myself, oddium, and Relax or DIE can all help you out with "this person is being a fuckwit and needs a 6er" thread slapfight needs.

Also ur fuckin probed fucko

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

Infinitum posted:

:siren: Gangtag Cut-off Warning :siren:

You have 36 hours from time of this post to request this fantabulous gangtag

After that you need to buy it yourself.

Remember to say 'please' when doing so, or imma probe you.

I would like to join this gang and have this awesome tag please!

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Infinitum posted:

Please gang tag me tia

Timespy
Jul 6, 2013

No bond but to do just ones

Infinitum posted:

I'd like to have a gang tag, please. :ohdear:

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Infinitum posted:

I'd like to have a nice gang tag, please and thank you.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Ahhhhhhh it's like 17 hours until it unlocks in the uk give me my goddamn game Nintendo

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also keep in mind that while requesting a gangtag I can modify your current avatar at the same time.

So I can remove old poo poo you don't want. Just let me know.

Forewarning that if you have a super super super long av imma probably remove a tag or so to make things not be obnoxious for other users.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

(I consider my av hitting the upper limits of how long an av should be)

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

That gangtag should say "Racgoons" imo

It is still very fantabulous though (this is not a request, just saying)

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Mar 19, 2020

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Infinitum posted:

Please allow me to join to the Raccoon Goons! I will give all my bells.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Two of my friends had early deliveries and they're sending me screenshots to taunt me :negative:

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Hey Infinitum could I please have this awesome gang tag thanks! I'm very excited for AC, can't wait to play it tomorrow!

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Infinitum posted:

I would love a gang tag. Please and a preemptive thank you.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lots of polite loving people ITT

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Gang me up please

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Peach gang c'moooooooooonnnnn

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Infinitum posted:

I would love one, my friend. Please hook it up.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Infinitum posted:

Please give me a gang tag I'm so lonely

Also please give me suggestions on what to name my island I'm neither clever not decisive.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Winklebottom posted:

Two of my friends had early deliveries and they're sending me screenshots to taunt me :negative:

:sever:

Zomblified
Feb 17, 2011

Guess what? You got it for free! Are you proud of yourself?

First person to pm me here can get that free online code for e-shop purchase. Cancelled my amazon order and got it there instead. I don't even know how long this thing is for.
Gone to a lucky goon

Zomblified fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Mar 20, 2020

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Question for anyone who already has it: what are the startup loading times like?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If you are a crazy person and desperately 100% need this in your life RIGHT NOW, it should launch on the Aussie eShop in about 4hrs 10min from time of this post.

Which is also potentially a great deal for you, seeing how the Aussie dollar has jumped off a cliff! :negative:

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Infinitum posted:

If you are a crazy person and desperately 100% need this in your life RIGHT NOW, it should launch on the Aussie eShop in about 4hrs 10min from time of this post.

Which is also potentially a great deal for you, seeing how the Aussie dollar has jumped off a cliff! :negative:

Is there any problems buying it from a different country eshop?

Edit: did a bit of research, you can't use credit card and to be able to change the region you have to have 0,00 balance, which might require a contact to customer service. Otherwise good to go!

DeadlyHalibut fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Mar 19, 2020

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

DeadlyHalibut posted:

Is there any problems buying it from a different country eshop?

No, but I remember it was a thing around launch where if you change your locale, any funds in your account got zeroed out. Dunno if that's still the case.

The approach I took to buy a couple of JP games was to simply create a new Nintendo account in Japanese locale. This came with its own (lesser) issues -- I started getting unremovable Japanese news spam on the News page (Japan gets a shitload of news!!!), and the JP user I created had to remain on the Switch in order for the games to stay installed and playable (any user can play the game in this case.)

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Hi, please could I have this gangtag?

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

Infinitum posted:

Pretty please may I have one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Infinitum posted:

This gang tag looks super cool, please tag me up.