Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Good for them. Very ballsy thing to do right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Mr. Locke posted:

Fair enough. Level 1 on equipment is that unless it looks pushed as hell, equipment is usually bad in most draft decks. In most modern sets, you could never ever consider picking up common equipment during the entire life of a set and there's a good chance you'd never be wrong. Even now, if you had more time in the draft, and weren't in the back part of pack 3, I'd prefer looking for more combat tricks then running a 4-mana +2/+0.

That said, that specific pile of cards has a lot of small guys and wheel-spinning enchantments with not enough payoff for running them to want, say, all three copies of Setessan Tactics (or even two.). Something that can make your dudes hit harder that survives a run-in with a removal spell or prison enchantment would help what's visible on that list do work in games that go longer. If you're sitting on a pile of green beef below what the screen's showing, y'know, nevermind, but what I can see draws me to Sword.

Unless I miscounted, there's 4 cards below the fold, one of which is Voracious Typhon, and the deck already needs to cut 10+ cards from what they have there.

Evangel works with Hero/Pious, and getting 4 power creatures for Beetle won't be hard without Setessan Training and Heliod.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

gently caress yeah tcg staff. solidarity. I won’t be ordering from TCGplayer until they recognize their union

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

gently caress yeah tcg staff. solidarity. I won’t be ordering from TCGplayer until they recognize their union

Same.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

no war but the brothers' war

https://twitter.com/TheGr8Aspie/status/1240016859400986625

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I think they're going to be massively disappointed in what a union can actually do these days (literally none of those things are any better or improving for me in the union I'm in - I just get paid more) but yeah, extremely same.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

I've spent so much goddamn money at TCG. Looks like I'm going elsewhere now.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

ShaneB posted:

I've spent so much goddamn money at TCG. Looks like I'm going elsewhere now.

Tell them that.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

A Big... Dog posted:

Tell them that.

Oh I did.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I'm telling as many people as I can about this, but what's a good way to tell TCG player why I'm not buying from them? Is there a contact page on their site I can use?

Also, great time to buy cards from local shops that put public health in front of profit or possibly their own existence...

Hauki
May 11, 2010

what the gently caress is a haversack of favor

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Hauki posted:

https://forums.mtgarena.com/forums/threads/63882

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

A Moose posted:

I'm telling as many people as I can about this, but what's a good way to tell TCG player why I'm not buying from them? Is there a contact page on their site I can use?

Also, great time to buy cards from local shops that put public health in front of profit or possibly their own existence...

Tag them on social media, among other things.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

be sweet if this were indicated anywhere within the game itself

thanks

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Hauki posted:

Look at this nerd who doesn't even have a haversack of favor. I have 14, you jelly?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
As an aside, for those of you who actually give a poo poo about your LGS and its community, now is the ideal time to consider buying a board game or a tabletop RPG to try out with your roommates or family since you’ll be boarded up for a few weeks. My D&D game is moving to Skype/Discord until further notice.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/nickvaldeezy/status/1240351821769707521?s=20

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
https://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/612967583098011648/maros-ikoria-teaser

quote:

Previews for Ikoria: Lair of the Behemoths don’t start until April 2, but I’ve been getting a lot of requests from people cooped up at home that are eager for any content, so I decided to do something I used to do all the time back in my column in The Duelist. I’m going to be giving you a Maro Teaser where I give tiny hints of things to come. Note that I’m only giving you partial information.

The following can be found in Ikoria:

• Magic’s seventh Egg

• A card with the text “four or more times this game”

• A card with the text “total power 10 or less”

• Magic’s largest power/toughness granting aura.

• A card with the text “X is the number of times this creature has mutated”

• Magic’s third and fourth card with “(Zero is even.)” reminder text.

• Three cards with the text “different name(s)”

• Twelve different types of counters

• A card that says “choose a kind of counter at random”

• A card with the text “remove eight foreshadow counters”

• And a cycle that players have been asking us to make for over ten years

In addition, Ikoria has creatures with the following creature types:

• Dinosaur Turtle

• Shark Beast

• Demon Kraken

• Elemental Otter

• Brushwagg

• Hellion Horror

• and a Nightmare Squirrel (Yes, a Squirrel in a Standard-legal set!)

Hopefully, this can tide you all over until the previews begin on April 2nd. Enjoy!

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Brushwagg WHAT THE FUCKKKK

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Even bigger than Eldrazi Conscription?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

The Brushwaggs will rise again

Or really, rise for the first time

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

"• And a cycle that players have been asking us to make for over ten years"

is there a cycle of old enough duals that we haven't gotten yet? only thing i can think of off the top of my head is enemy version of the filter lands that the odyssey eggs shared a name with, but they're really bad and the Shadowmoor filters were better.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I don't believe anyone wants new Odyssey filters, those things are very bad

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
finishing the Castle Sengir cycle obviously

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Type snow duals.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Lone Goat posted:

"• And a cycle that players have been asking us to make for over ten years"

is there a cycle of old enough duals that we haven't gotten yet? only thing i can think of off the top of my head is enemy version of the filter lands that the odyssey eggs shared a name with, but they're really bad and the Shadowmoor filters were better.

My guess is he is taking about the cycle of ultimatums

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Jabor posted:

Even bigger than Eldrazi Conscription?
Time to buy Storm Heralds!!!

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Tainen posted:

Shards was almost 12 years ago so that lines up time wise.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Tainen posted:

wasn't there an abzan ultimatum in that commander leak?

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
Stuff like this makes me miss the Orb of Insight.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Elyv posted:

The Brushwaggs will rise again

Or really, rise for the first time

The Otters shall stand up to defeat them

KenjiKaizoku
Oct 21, 2008

Lone Goat posted:

wasn't there an abzan ultimatum in that commander leak?

There was, but "Ancient Ultimatum" as it was called is also the name of a custom card that someone from the MTGSalvation forums made a while back. So, I kinda doubt that the leak was real at this point.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
It's not relevant to anything, but I wonder how much more design space is left on duals. I was trying to think up some new ones earlier today and the best ones I could think of were "when this card enters the battlefield, you may choose to skip the next X. If you do not choose to do so, this card comes into play tapped" or something, where X could be skipping the next time you would draw a card, skipping your next combat, skipping your next main phase(s), etc.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Target spell resolves.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Framboise posted:

It's not relevant to anything, but I wonder how much more design space is left on duals. I was trying to think up some new ones earlier today and the best ones I could think of were "when this card enters the battlefield, you may choose to skip the next X. If you do not choose to do so, this card comes into play tapped" or something, where X could be skipping the next time you would draw a card, skipping your next combat, skipping your next main phase(s), etc.

dual lands that enter tapped... but they have Flash

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Duals that enter untapped.... and have no downside. Also they have the basic land types. Hire me Wizards!!!

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
enemy versions of the mirage fetches

edit there are at least two playable cycles from Future Sight left: the B/U and W/U ones

Goa Tse-tung fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Mar 19, 2020

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Obviously have to see how it plays out, but twelve different types of counters seems excessive

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
It's likely that there's 10 different cards with their own uniquely-named charge counters. Stuff like Serrated Arrows or Hoofprints of the Stag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Goa Tse-tung posted:

enemy versions of the mirage fetches

edit there are at least two playable cycles from Future Sight left: the B/U and W/U ones

The BU one is begging for memory issues and the UW one is really bad. The rg one is the actually playable one of the three but aggro needs an untapped land and giving your opponent free life ain't it.