Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Silver2195 posted:

I hope Kubo will give us an explanation for why the Soul Society West Branch completely sat out the battle against Yhwach.
The explanation will probably be "Man, gently caress those other guys". I mean, it's on brand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's Britain, they don't care about anybody but themselves.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
More AYAYA
https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1240295420254773249?s=20

Also Is the Order A Rabbit? S3 will premiere in October
https://twitter.com/mangatimekirara/status/1240277378896543745?s=20

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Even the afterlife is Brexiting.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I'm really surprised Kubo is in Jump again considering how much he complained about it.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

more rabbit horse is good but when is non non biyori 3??

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Endorph posted:

I'm really surprised Kubo is in Jump again considering how much he complained about it.

Jump is bad....but big piles of money are good? Will have to research further.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Exia posted:

More AYAYA

hell yes

If we're getting Kirara sequels I kindly request Machikado Mazoku :devil:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

Probably new editor? Maybe Yoshida is back in the clock?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I'm surprised there's apparently demand for the last arc of Bleach to get animated, I always thought everyone hated it.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
That's the point where I dropped the manga. I didn't actually catch up with it until I got wind--with one chapter left to go, no less-- that WSJ had given Kubo like a month to wrap that up. In hindsight, and upon getting caught up with it, I can say that Kubo had a couple of good ideas here and there, but he was obviously going through the motions at the point the arc started.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY2CbUsOgAM

Spring is looking pretty good.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Spiritus Nox posted:

I'm surprised there's apparently demand for the last arc of Bleach to get animated, I always thought everyone hated it.

Even though a lot of people complained about how the final arc was handled, many more were disappointed in how hastily it wrapped up, and most of the complaints regarding the arc was the pacing, which an anime adaptation could definitely improve on,and even possibly fil in the gaps towards the end to give a more satisfying conclusion. Not to mention, abscense makes the heart grow fonder, and a lot of people were hoping for BLEACH to return in some fashion, since it's near and dear to them in some capacity.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
is it just me or is takehito showing up a bit more often lately?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

People want closure, and there's a large group of people who have fond memories of bleach and never read the manga. Plus, yeah, most of the issues were ones of pacing. As an arc itself it wasn't the worst thing ever.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Agronox posted:

hell yes

If we're getting Kirara sequels I kindly request Machikado Mazoku :devil:

I'd imagine it's getting a sequel given it did really well but the usual slow turn around time on sequels means probably not till next year

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

whens harukana receive s2

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Endorph posted:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Endorph asking the real questions.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

But Yhwach wasn't just a threat to Soul Society East, but to reality as we know it. Granted, the follow-up LN suggests that if Yhwach had succeeded in destroying reality as we know it, it might actually have been a good thing.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Silver2195 posted:

But Yhwach wasn't just a threat to Soul Society East, but to reality as we know it. Granted, the follow-up LN suggests that if Yhwach had succeeded in destroying reality as we know it, it might actually have been a good thing.

You don’t really get Brexit, do you?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Truga posted:

is it just me or is takehito showing up a bit more often lately?
If you mean Takehito Koyasu, he's been busy as ever, AFAIK.

Additionally...

Endorph posted:

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'd imagine it's getting a sequel given it did really well but the usual slow turn around time on sequels means probably not till next year

So much has happened in the manga that I'm hoping against hope for a two-cour sequel to cover it all.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

esselfortium posted:

So much has happened in the manga that I'm hoping against hope for a two-cour sequel to cover it all.

The back half of the anime just started to get into the dense plot stuff and the manga just goes all in so yeah, 2 cour season would be great

Endorph posted:

yes this

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

drat, Arknights got an anime already?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Looks like Simuldubs are done for this season as they sort out new production schedules so people can work from home;

AnimeLab posted:

We’re Here for You
April Season Update - Simulcasts on Track, SimulDub Delays

The safety of our AnimeLab family is our highest priority right now, so we’re adjusting our dub-production schedule to allow everyone to work from home. This means there will be delays in some of our dubbed series in the coming weeks, but subs are still on schedule! Right now, we’re working hard to spin up some special content releases for you, so stay tuned!

We have made some necessary changes to the SimulDub production and release schedule, and have temporarily paused SimulDub production for the remainder of the current and upcoming seasons. We’ll let you know if and when that changes. Funimation and AnimeLab, are an extended family of creators, partners, actors and producers, and their safety is our top priority, so we hope you will understand.

As always, thank you for watching.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I wonder if VAs have to figure out their own home recording setups now.

Endorph posted:

Given it's apparently getting serialized in the same year it's getting animated I'm wondering if perhaps it's intended to be a limited run series.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Kyte posted:

I wonder if VAs have to figure out their own home recording setups now.

Given it's apparently getting serialized in the same year it's getting animated I'm wondering if perhaps it's intended to be a limited run series.

A lot of VAs already have home recording setups to do stuff like commercials. I can't say for Funimation's staff though, since they've always been shown recording in house. Even so, it's not that hard to do a home studio for VA work, it's kind of expensive though so hopefully Funi will foot some of the bill.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Wark Say posted:

If you mean Takehito Koyasu, he's been busy as ever, AFAIK.

Additionally...

yeah, i feel like i've heard him in shows more often recently but maybe it's just a coincidence

kater
Nov 16, 2010

whoa i didnt realize heya camp was just fuckin straight up more camp, hell yeah.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

Kyte posted:

At first I was surprised too, but it's gonna be an OVA

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kwyndig posted:

A lot of VAs already have home recording setups to do stuff like commercials. I can't say for Funimation's staff though, since they've always been shown recording in house. Even so, it's not that hard to do a home studio for VA work, it's kind of expensive though so hopefully Funi will foot some of the bill.

This is very half-remembered, but I think some of them do because they'll get work between LA and Texas and it's just easier that way than flying around.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGy6FuGdeYk

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Man, Hanako-kun sure turned up the drama these past few episodes.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

kater posted:

I don't want to hate on how Haikyuu has looked this season too much because meme faces are perfectly fine for comedy shows, which 90% of this season has been. But I really hope it looks better when it resumes.. The best thing about the show was how honest it was in recreating the matches and that definitely was not conveyed in this last ep. I think the OVA looked fine by comparison?

Sure, but I was so pumped for my boy Suga, and also the other third years, that I didn't really notice. Yeeeaahhh!!!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Sure, but I was so pumped for my boy Suga, and also the other third years, that I didn't really notice. Yeeeaahhh!!!

tbh same, I know there have been issues but I've barely noticed anything so it's not really impacting my enjoyment of the season. Of course I also watch the crunchyroll bad subs willingly so I possibly just have really low standards :v:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I love them
https://twitter.com/haikaiya/status/1241103002167115778?s=20

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I love my dumb, endearing volleyboys. :kimchi:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy