Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/w5Bghm6.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixian
Oct 9, 2001

Many machines on Ix....new machines
Pillbug

Chicken/Egg time: Are the safety cones to warn you about hitting the pillar, or the stairway that may come crashing down on your head?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

OctaMurk posted:

Unlimited PTO of any kind results in people not actually using PTO because they are afraid to be judged by coworkers from what I've seen. Just combining vacation days and sick leave into "PTO" and then not counting dr/pt appointments against PTO is for the best I think, as long as that PTO pool is 3 or 4 weeks at minimum. If someone is going to be out so long they use up all their PTO, then they should be either working from home, on short term disability, or have another special arrangement worked out.

Or don't track time off and judge employees on how much they get done.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

mostlygray posted:

They typically aren't using sick days. They hold onto those to use as vacation.
What happens is that everyone else has to work harder to cover their load. Customers get poorer service. Then you have to add staff to the schedule and assume that someone is "sick" all the time even though they aren't.

It would be fine if those sort of people called the night before saying that they might not make it in giving time to find someone else to cover but they never do. They call about 10 minutes after their shift started to say that they're sick. They know who they are and they know what they did.

Yes, managers have to audit sick days. It's fine if you have health problems. That we can work with. No big deal. When you're a healthy young adult that never shows up for your Saturday shift, that's a problem.

Lmfao you're a huge loving idiot stop posting.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

mostlygray posted:

They typically aren't using sick days. They hold onto those to use as vacation.
What happens is that everyone else has to work harder to cover their load. Customers get poorer service. Then you have to add staff to the schedule and assume that someone is "sick" all the time even though they aren't.

It would be fine if those sort of people called the night before saying that they might not make it in giving time to find someone else to cover but they never do. They call about 10 minutes after their shift started to say that they're sick. They know who they are and they know what they did.

Yes, managers have to audit sick days. It's fine if you have health problems. That we can work with. No big deal. When you're a healthy young adult that never shows up for your Saturday shift, that's a problem.

"But what about the customers" I scream at an elderly man in a ventilator.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Cartoon Man posted:

Stair Support webm

Reminds me of the description of the White House pre-renovation - "it remained standing mostly out of habit".

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Turns out the UK government knew from wargame exercises three years ago we didn't have ventilators or PPE in sufficient numbers for a flu-like pandemic. They knew three months ago one was coming. They didn't do anything, at all, to stock up.

So now our hospitals have staff working with pandemic patients without PPE. That's quite the OSHA.

Where can I read more about this?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/health/2020/03/government-documents-show-no-planning-ventilators-event-pandemic

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

it's low voltage but still, not to best practicies

5er
Jun 1, 2000

KoRMaK posted:

I'm wincing, but simultaneously impressed.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I don't get audiophiles.

razak
Apr 13, 2016

Ready for graphing

KoRMaK posted:

The new super audiophile open air TRS connectors provide extra fidelity. Just make sure to use only oxygen free copper wire!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

KoRMaK posted:

this is good

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just realized the red cable is a monster cable which somehow make it even better.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Monster headhone cable, to guitar/DJ size headphone adapter, to coat hanger lmao

there's essentially zero current going thru a headphone cable so thats just a clever rig, not like when a traveller tries to use a contraption of forks and string to make a UK AC adapter

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Just realized the red cable is a monster cable which somehow make it even better.

It's not like there are readily available adapters out there that do the same thing for under $5

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

KoRMaK posted:

This is one of my favorite pictures.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

KoRMaK posted:

They did attempt grounding it though

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

iospace posted:

They did attempt grounding it though

I mean yeah it wouldn’t work without that.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://i.imgur.com/0QiUhnX.mp4

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

The pedestrian cartoon-running to safety is the best part of this video

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

At least the rescue will be there in record time.

drunk mutt
Jul 5, 2011

I just think they're neat

Uncle Enzo posted:

The pedestrian cartoon-running to safety is the best part of this video

Thank you for pointing this out, I would have overlooked that and drat was that some good poo poo.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

bring back old gbs posted:

Monster headhone cable, to guitar/DJ size headphone adapter, to coat hanger lmao
lol didnt realize it was monster cable

https://i.imgur.com/r4Yi3EA.mp4

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Ugh, came face-to-face with some indirect OSHA the other week, probably more common than accidents at this point: longtime coworker and friend passed away from opioid overdose. Take care of your people if you're on a crew, goons. He apparently had relapsed, was hiding it well but took it too far. Substance abuse and alcohol is way too common among independent working guys. I know my username is indeed 20 Blunts.

Next OSHA item: now I have to decide when to stop (tree) work due to the virus. I guess when it starts to become clear nobody will be able to pay for it? Even the crew members barely have to come into contact with one another, especially when one guy is 50ft in the air in a bucket. Right now I've got two dudes doing a municipal gig in the middle of the woods.

I went out and pruned a little old ladies mulberry for like a third of my usual rate just to think about something else than the end of the world. She tried to bring a check out to me when I was done and I told her to mail it as I waved from the street, lol.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/wKjGZSg.mp4

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

cool, my uber is here

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

KoRMaK posted:

cool, my copy of Doom Eternal is here

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Ghost Rider, Victorian version.

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

The new ghost rider reboot looks sick.

E.f.b. :-(

Jasper Tin Neck fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Mar 20, 2020

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Greetings, Blaine

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

this looks like the train version of drag racing top fuel tractors

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Sabin needs to suplex it, stat.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Dannywilson posted:

Look at that S-Car Go.

I spent way too long wondering wtf is an S-Car.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Budgie posted:

I spent way too long wondering wtf is an S-Car.

If it makes you feel any better they just c/p'd an imgur comment.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Mokinokaro posted:

Sabin needs to suplex it, stat.

That is not a reference I expected. Uwheeeheeheehee!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Polar Express movie looking good

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/V2rmYNU.gifv

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

If it makes you feel any better they just c/p'd an imgur comment.

God damnit I did not, it was the punchline to a shaggy-dog style joke my dad told me when I was like 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

KoRMaK posted:

This is actually a good diagrammatic image of how a headphone jack works.

KoRMaK posted:

lol didnt realize it was monster cable

https://i.imgur.com/r4Yi3EA.mp4

Hell of a time to start buffering there