Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

drat 4 mil for Alexander? That could be a huge steal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I've seen a few write ups from non-hacks that think Brady to the Bucs makes them an instant Super Bowl contender.

Brady is going to be 43 and is very obviously in decline. Assuming you aren't forced to lock him into a four-year mega deal, I'd much prefer to have Winston.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

can't wait to watch mike evans running shallow drags all game because Brady can't hit half the route tree anymore

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

wandler20 posted:

Isn't QBR also really bad?

TFF hates DYAR for some reason

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Brady prob wont throw 30 picks, so thats in his favor

Going through a Winston INT compliation, ny god, at least half are completely mind boggling

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Winston apparently threw 45 interceptable balls.

There is no way Brady is worse than that.

Get that Alex Smith season, Tom.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

wandler20 posted:

Isn't QBR also really bad?

QB rating is a weird but public formula people go back and forth about like most stats: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passer_rating

QBR is ESPN's proprietary stat whose formula isn't public and at least at inception had a component of whether someone at espn thought the play was clutch enough to be more heavily weighted: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_quarterback_rating

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Athanatos posted:

I doubt Brady will throw half that many

fsif posted:

I've seen a few write ups from non-hacks that think Brady to the Bucs makes them an instant Super Bowl contender.

Brady is going to be 43 and is very obviously in decline. Assuming you aren't forced to lock him into a four-year mega deal, I'd much prefer to have Winston.

Tampa likely would have gotten a wild card spot with someone who wasn't Jameis last year . Throwing 30 INT's is really bad lol

Nodoze fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Mar 19, 2020

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Scanning the advanced stats for “intentional grounding eligible balls”

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

fsif posted:

Brady was not quite as good as 2018 last year, but "very obviously in decline" is ridiculous. The entire receiving corps including Edelman was awful, among the worst in the NFL, and with the terrible OL play both giving no cushion and exposing Sony Michel, there really wasn't much to do. Brady did have some bad throws (he has for years), but his stats sucked primarily because everyone was dropping balls that hit them right in the hands, failing route timings to ridiculous degrees, or sluggishly wallowing down the field and never getting open.

I expect Brady to finish the season ranked around 4th-6th among QBs.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Nodoze posted:

Tampa likely would have gotten a wild card spot with someone who wasn't Jameis last year . Throwing 30 INT's is really bad lol

7 pick 6's. 7.

Bucs lost 7 games by 7 or less points.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

K8.0 posted:

Brady was not quite as good as 2018 last year, but "very obviously in decline" is ridiculous. The entire receiving corps including Edelman was awful, among the worst in the NFL, and with the terrible OL play both giving no cushion and exposing Sony Michel, there really wasn't much to do. Brady did have some bad throws (he has for years), but his stats sucked primarily because everyone was dropping balls that hit them right in the hands, failing route timings to ridiculous degrees, or sluggishly wallowing down the field and never getting open.

agree w/ you, op

he's a system qb

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Jemeis throwing a pick-six in overtime of the last game to both hit 30 interceptions and tie the record for pick sixes was the highlight of the year

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Brady taking the Buccs to the Superbowl to host the Patriots in what will be the single greatest football game of all time.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Eric the Mauve posted:

Jemeis throwing a pick-six in overtime of the last game to both hit 30 interceptions and tie the record for pick sixes was the highlight of the year

That football should be in the Hall of Fame.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That football should be in the Hall of Fame.

Up there with the Browns 0-16 season ending on a pass going through Corey Colemans hands.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Eric the Mauve posted:

A fitting end. His first and last passes as a Buccaneer were both pick 6s.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Athanatos posted:

So, won't throw 30 interceptions but will have 30 leg surgeries

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
You'd think something is going to happen with Gurley. He's due $10.5m at 4pmET today if he's still on the roster.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Eifert Posting posted:

I believe The Bengals are towards the bottom in fan-pain.

The arguement is whether it's worse for a promising team to fail (my opinion) or for a team to just suck and be out of every game. Bengals have both in recent history. No playoff win since '90 is likely the most embarrassing stat in the NFL. Ownership is insufferable as well.

Being non-competitive is way worse. I'll take 11-6 seasons with Joey Porter defeating Cincinnati in the playoffs every single year over the 90s Bengals

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Also what the Rams should definitely do is reduce the number of weapons for Goff. That way you can justify moving on from him sooner rather than later

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

K8.0 posted:

You could do a lot worse for skill position players than Edelman, Sanu, and White. He didn't have the line he's used to but I have bad news about the lines of roughly 75% of NFL teams, including the Bucs'.

Outside of his inexplicable resurgence against the Bills, Brady was horrible from Week 11 on. His play mirrored all of the other old HOF QBs: he begins the season looking like he's just a step or two beneath his peak, then he completely transformed into a practice squad caliber QB. New England let him leave for a reason.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

wandler20 posted:

A fitting end. His first and last passes as a Buccaneer were both pick 6s.

Well then you have Brady’s final pass as a pick-six. The Bucs seem to have a “type”

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Eric the Mauve posted:

Noted cheater Tom Brady ended the season and his Pats career on a pick-6.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Noted elite quarterback, Joe Flacco, was just released.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28926801/broncos-release-qb-joe-flacco-one-season

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Dan Fouts owns

https://twitter.com/Super70sSports/status/1240724362698862592

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1240725842000515073?s=19

Jfc Rams.

Also: lol

https://twitter.com/andrew1tm/status/1240726028605108230?s=19

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Gurley released

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1240726607163252736?s=19

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Aaron Donald has been the face of the franchise for years.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

How the might have fallen.

Gone are the days of the "Clay Maker" here are the days of the "Pay taker."

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fsif posted:

You could do a lot worse for skill position players than Edelman, Sanu, and White. He didn't have the line he's used to but I have bad news about the lines of roughly 75% of NFL teams, including the Bucs'.

Outside of his inexplicable resurgence against the Bills, Brady was horrible from Week 11 on. His play mirrored all of the other old HOF QBs: he begins the season looking like he's just a step or two beneath his peak, then he completely transformed into a practice squad caliber QB. New England let him leave for a reason.

You're right, that would be a pretty good group of skill position players.

They got Sanu for week 8, in week 9 he caught 10 of 14 passes then got a high ankle sprain and was completely ineffective for the rest of the season.

Edelman injured his hand in camp and dropped 13 passes over the season. Mid-November he severely injured his shoulder and knee and was completely ineffective over the last month of the season. He had surgery on those when the season ended.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Remember when the Rams were an up and coming team trying to take advantage of Jared Goff's rookie deal? Then they traded away all their draft picks and paid Goff and now they and McVay are trash once again.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Seems like news.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1240734052157657088

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Diva Cupcake posted:

Remember when the Rams were an up and coming team trying to take advantage of Jared Goff's rookie deal? Then they traded away all their draft picks and paid Goff and now they and McVay are trash once again.

Hey just because they lit a few drafts on fire and paid a mediocre QB and a RB with arthritic knees doesn't mean they're....

oh man, they should totally trade Aaron Donald for draft picks.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Ezekiel Elliott wanted that money that Gurley is apparently not getting after all

Funny how that all works out

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The Rams will be fine

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

DariusLikewise posted:

The Rams will be fine

In that division?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Sean McVay is the face of the Rams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

AndrewP posted:

Sean McVay is the face of the Rams

It’s a very handsome face.