Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your first pick in the deputy leadership race?
This poll is closed.
R. Allin-Khan 6 1.60%
R. Burgon 80 21.33%
D. Butler 72 19.20%
A. Rayner 35 9.33%
I. Murray 5 1.33%
P. Flaps 177 47.20%
Total: 375 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

bionic vapour boy
Feb 13, 2012

Impervious to fun.
He really did say loving nothing today huh?

Asking politely for employers to stand by their employees? How about you loving make them? Absolute oval office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Bobby Deluxe posted:

E: sorry, been out panic buying the essentials.

Not enough Roast Beef

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
lol am i really supposed to believe that boris is gonna not just bail out big companies and will stand by workers? lmao lmao lmao

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Same problem in just about every major city - remember Trump wanted a May Day-style tank parade on the National Mall? And they had to bring them in on transporters and just park them in front of him? Even Moscow only has that one side of Red Square set up for tanks to parade, they put them on and take them off the transporters at either end.

I mean this is without even getting into standard utility lines and how shallow (and poorly aggregated) they are - water, power and even gas mains collapse all the time under HGV traffic.

Except St Petersburg, according to the acclaimed urban infrastructure documentary Goldeneye

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Three days ago: We are taking bold action and so need to have a briefing every day to communicate all these moves to the public.

Three days later: Welp, we're out of ideas so, er, stiff upper lip everyone, any questions?

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

quote:

He reveals that today, the first corona patient has been put into randomised trial on drugs that may treat the disease.

For fucks sake, just chucking random drugs at someone to see if it helps.

bionic vapour boy
Feb 13, 2012

Impervious to fun.

Oodles posted:

That.... isn't whats meant by a randomised trial

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Bobby Deluxe posted:

E: sorry, been out panic buying the essentials.

learn blender and you can have all the munch you could dream of!

https://i.imgur.com/rB2MpbY.mp4

Oodles posted:

the trials are important, I just don't see how ONE OF ARE BRITS IS IN A TRIAL is supposed to mean anything

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Boris reckons we can "turn the tide" in 12 weeks.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Mark's and Spark's Inversneckie food section looking hilariously bare. Also saw a shop with a poster in the window explaining "FOR YOUR SAFETY WE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING CASH" which was amusing.

On the other hand HMV are still open and accepting cash so I got a Mother's Day gift sorted AND my fave GY!BE record on vinyl

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Boris posted:

we dont know where we are

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

baka kaba posted:

learn blender and you can have all the munch you could dream of!

https://i.imgur.com/rB2MpbY.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/oYo1Yad.mp4

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

boris posted:

I don't know what the plan is

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Jippa posted:

its just a lie or pig ignorance like everything else
itll be dutifully reported by the papers and then walked back but nobody will mention it, the science just changed is all

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
So how long until everyone has built up a stockpile big enough that the panic buying stops? Or are people going to not be satisfied until they have enough toilet paper for 24 months of making GBS threads?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
From the "hull daily mail".

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Jippa posted:

72 weeks it is then.

bionic vapour boy
Feb 13, 2012

Impervious to fun.
I gave up smoking like a year ago but I am so loving incandescent at that news briefing I feel like I need a pack, christ

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Jippa posted:

400 words, 0 suggestions.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
He could have done it in 386 less really.

Jippa posted:

We've always been united in our language and faith especially when we were forcing it on our outskirts.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Welsh is very similar to English

Taxi? Tacsi! Bing bong simple.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
So does this mean we are going to test people and find out who they may have infected after it peaks?

quote:

Vallance says the measures in place should have an impact on the rate of growth of the epidemic.
You would expect the epidemic to come down. Then you can move to a phase where you test and trace.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Vallance is either a loving moron or liar

he's supposedly respected but i guess so is every old idiot/pedo in this country

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
So tempted to gently caress it all off and get a takeaway. Everywhere tells me this should be safe but I'm a little leery. Thoughts?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Jippa posted:

If people had memories this is the kind of thing that would be ferociously damning come 12 weeks time

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Communist Thoughts posted:

he's supposedly respected but i guess so is every old idiot/pedo in this country

Lol based on your extensive medical background I guess yeah?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Yeah they are just making poo poo up.

If they wanted to save lives they would have locked the country down day 1 and mobilised the army/police to deliver food and other supplies.

Instead we're doing this half assed bullshit to protect the economy.

People are getting a little annoying regarding italy (not specifically this thread), pointing out that the cases are still rising. These cases must have been infected before the lockdown. The only other option is that the lockdown has done NOTHING. Which makes no sense. From a country to go from mingling freely to almost completely isolated would have to have some effect. So no leveling off of new cases has to mean we're still seeing old cases. The pessimist in me is telling me i'm a fool and that the virus is airborne and/or transdimensional and goes through walls but i'm ignoring it for now.

Communist Thoughts posted:

Well he's not wrong. People are staying away from each other. There will be some slowing of infection rates. Just not enough.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Still no definition of who a key worker is, or what constitutes a vulnerable child, so schools are hosed come Monday and we’re all in this zeppelin together

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

ThomasPaine posted:

So tempted to gently caress it all off and get a takeaway. Everywhere tells me this should be safe but I'm a little leery. Thoughts?

I have been getting take out and no ill effects as yet (except I'm a tubber lubber). Been making a point to eat Chinese, my local is deserted.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Sloth Life posted:

I have been getting take out and no ill effects as yet (except I'm a tubber lubber). Been making a point to eat Chinese, my local is deserted.

Yeah I'm being hyper cautious, just worried that lots of sick people are working delivery and in restaurants because Boris gave them no choice, being a prick

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Aramoro posted:

Lol based on your extensive medical background I guess yeah?

it would be more reassuring if these people weren't announcing things we already knew or that other countries have been doing for weeks, like it's new information or something. I'm getting very strong "don't contradict the PM" vibes off these press conferences

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/UmaarKazmi/status/1240399867148713985?s=20

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
there we go lol

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak/status/1240700460572397571

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I just found out that the Netherlands is also doing herd immunity, and when trying to explain why this wasnt a terrible idea their health minister collapsed from "exhaustion" and has now resigned.

So maybe we aren't the only gently caress ups.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

its anonymous I suppose so they cant get me, I mean whoever it is breaking the rules.

smiling giraffe
Nov 12, 2015
My moronic boss is still going to the gym everyday after developing a cough.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

smiling giraffe posted:

My moronic boss is still going to the gym everyday after developing a cough.

Bet him £200 that in a weeks time you’ll be able to bench more than him

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

NotJustANumber99 posted:

its anonymous I suppose so they cant get me, I mean whoever it is breaking the rules.

whoever is moving around and then going into your house and staying there overnight is in big trouble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

oh poo poo oh gently caress I just got told I am on the verge of being declared a "key worker" because I did some stupid course on digital court hearings last year.

please don't make me a key worker I just want to stay home locked down and play doom :(