Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Infinitum posted:

:siren: Gangtag Cut-off Warning :siren:

You have 36 hours from time of this post to request this fantabulous gangtag

After that you need to buy it yourself.

Remember to say 'please' when doing so, or imma probe you.

I would love this tag please and thank you. I’ve never used tags before though, so how do they work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Important decision: northern or southern hemisphere?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Animal Crossing, yall.

I'm kind of kicking myself for not just getting a second switch now considering my GF's going to be playing this almost nonstop and I'll be relegated to 2p shenanigans.

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

Tags are given to you and placed into your avatar by Infinitum, through his (her?) blood, sweat and tears.

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer

LionArcher posted:

I would love this tag please and thank you. I’ve never used tags before though, so how do they work?

That’s the beauty of it, it doesn’t do anything!

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

LionArcher posted:

They identify you to fellow Raccoon Goons so you can proceed with assigned operations. :ninja:

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Infinitum posted:

:siren: Gangtag Cut-off Warning :siren:

You have 36 hours from time of this post to request this fantabulous gangtag

After that you need to buy it yourself.

Remember to say 'please' when doing so, or imma probe you.

Please gang tag me! I've actually never had one :3:

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

FireWorksWell posted:

Important decision: northern or southern hemisphere?

100% northern. If I have to go from snowy real life winter immediately to virtual fall and winter again, I will shoot myself.

Whimsicalfuckery
Sep 6, 2011

Volcano posted:

Same here! :supaburn:

I did find this pretty cute island name generator – all 10 characters or fewer. I'm not sure I'll take the exact suggestions but it's been a good prompt.

Thanks for this!! It actually generated Tealfir which I really like!

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

https://twitter.com/theSirToasty/status/1240673401754267648?s=20

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/FanQ420/status/1240622336916635649

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I think I'm gonna name my island "Blue Light."

I just don't want people to think it has anything to do with cops.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I'm settled in on Deep Sea 9, the federation of planets flag is easy to whip up and the DS9 theme actually sounds good in-game. :riker:

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Volcano posted:

I did find this pretty cute island name generator – all 10 characters or fewer. I'm not sure I'll take the exact suggestions but it's been a good prompt.

:lol: Don't think I'm gonna name my island Dampbed

Stonebound is nice though

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

This is longest day of my life

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Detective No. 27 posted:

Look "Detective", you have to tell us if you're a cop. That's the law!

Electric Sugar
May 24, 2004

over in the burnt yellow tent by the frozen tractor

Detective No. 27 posted:

Don't worry, we're all here thinking you have the K-Mart of islands.

Captain Ironblood
Nov 9, 2009
Please gang tag me as I sit here selecting my digital copy of Animal Crossing over and over. Click and click until it is done.

compounded daily
Mar 29, 2007

:buddy:
Fun Shoe

Volcano posted:

This is cool and all, but all I've done is mash the Generate button and read the names in my head like Griffin McElroy reading off warrior cat names because they have that kind of feel to them

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

compounded daily posted:

This is cool and all, but all I've done is mash the Generate button and read the names in my head like Griffin McElroy reading off warrior cat names because they have that kind of feel to them

It's got a lot of eh names, but then it hits you with something like Embersong or Lunagrove and it redeems itself.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Volcano posted:

Some of my favorites (both good and bad):

Murkpit
Mercyeast
Dampbeach
Cobdale
Smallscamp
Springly
Loftcrypt
Milkpit (why is "pit" even on the list)
Porchrule

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Konec Hry posted:

That’s the beauty of it, it doesn’t do anything!

No, it does nothing.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Electric Sugar posted:

Don't worry, we're all here thinking you have the K-Mart of islands.

:yeah:

Please tell me there's a K-Mart logo flag QR code out there.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

compounded daily posted:

Is this supposed to be a negative.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So if you have a USB keyboard or a wireless keyboard with a USB dongle you can use it for typing in game instead of using the app

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So if you have a USB keyboard or a wireless keyboard with a USB dongle you can use it for typing in game instead of using the app

I wonder if you can hotkey emotions like City Folk.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
how much typing is there supposed to be

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'm settled in on Deep Sea 9, the federation of planets flag is easy to whip up and the DS9 theme actually sounds good in-game. :riker:

Oh man, I love it. I've been racking my brain all week on a good one that's not stupid or edgy and I think I'm gonna go with Terok Nor if it fits.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Kyrosiris posted:

No, it does nothing.

I appreciate this reference.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Nope, that's a feature that's been Japanese exclusive since the first game I think.

Wait, what is this? You can't name your island "[blank] island"? Or am I misunderstanding

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Only the best yeast, from the best mercenaries

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I got an image in my head of the "Silly Hats Only" scene from Rejected, only it's the Raccoon Goons with the baseball bats.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
I can not wait for this game. Need some chill right now.

I would also like a tag as well please. Need to change it up after all these years.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Macaluso posted:

Wait, what is this? You can't name your island "[blank] island"? Or am I misunderstanding
You can name your island, for example, "ABC Island" because that's 10 characters.

In Japan, you can name it "ABC" and then the suffix "Island" will be added to it, and since Japanese is Japanese, you can also choose how that Island is read because it can be either shima, jima, or tou depending on the name.

People thought this might carry over to the English version with Island, Isle, or Island Of being attached to the name but that is not the case. The name of your island is just whatever you put in those 10 spaces.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I can't believe this game comes out tonight. This is the game I've wanted the most since I played New Leaf. I'm already intensely nostalgic for it and it hasn't even come out!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

You can name your island, for example, "ABC Island" because that's 10 characters.

In Japan, you can name it "ABC" and then the suffix "Island" will be added to it, and since Japanese is Japanese, you can also choose how that Island is read because it can be either shima, jima, or tou depending on the name.

People thought this might carry over to the English version with Island, Isle, or Island Of being attached to the name but that is not the case. The name of your island is just whatever you put in those 10 spaces.

Ah okay

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Macaluso posted:

You can as long as it can fit the four characters before island, so for example Pen Island can work.

What Japan has is a choice to stick Isle/Island to their name because it's single character I think. In past games they could choose between the equivalent of town/city/village for their town names.

Edit: drat it beaten.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

Infinitum posted:

Also keep in mind that while requesting a gangtag I can modify your current avatar at the same time.

So I can remove old poo poo you don't want. Just let me know.

Forewarning that if you have a super super super long av imma probably remove a tag or so to make things not be obnoxious for other users.

Sorry to be a pain, but can you remove the "Wild Cards" tag from my avatar please?

cosmo sex tip
Sep 26, 2005
contains sodium borate, xanthan gum, sucrose stearate, glucose, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase, and fragrance.

I gotta work tomorrow and I won't be able to play until like 6pm. Like yay that I'm still employed during a worldwide epidemic crisis and all but ......... the nooks need me, man, what an I supposed to do, just IGNORE them?? In their time of need??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

cosmo sex tip posted:

I gotta work tomorrow and I won't be able to play until like 6pm. Like yay that I'm still employed during a worldwide epidemic crisis and all but ......... the nooks need me, man, what an I supposed to do, just IGNORE them?? In their time of need??

I feel you on this one brother. May we not die in between now and then