Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your first pick in the deputy leadership race?
This poll is closed.
R. Allin-Khan 6 1.60%
R. Burgon 80 21.33%
D. Butler 72 19.20%
A. Rayner 35 9.33%
I. Murray 5 1.33%
P. Flaps 177 47.20%
Total: 375 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Necrothatcher posted:

oh poo poo oh gently caress I just got told I am on the verge of being declared a "key worker" because I did some stupid course on digital court hearings last year.

please don't make me a key worker I just want to stay home locked down and play doom :(

Can you sell your key worker child care rights on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

keep punching joe posted:

How're we doing compared to Italy, or would it be better to compare with Iran.

We are where they were 10 days ago. They jumped to 100+ deaths per day from (effectively) tomorrow.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

peanut- posted:

We are where they were 10 days ago. They jumped to 100+ deaths per day from (effectively) tomorrow.

Jesus, there are still some fuckers out in the pubs near me at the moment for Pities sake.

I wonder how long the approval with the Corona handling is going to last with folks if/when we start hitting 100+ a day dying.

Josef bugman fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Mar 19, 2020

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Josef bugman posted:

if/when we start hitting 100+ a die dying.

That is a pretty easy if.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

NotJustANumber99 posted:

That is a pretty easy if.

I like to be hopeful.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
Saw this in the Corona thread and thought of bidet chat:

https://i.imgur.com/lNs7hAH.mp4

Cracks me up every single drat time.

Greblin
Mar 12, 2008

Josef bugman posted:

Jesus, there are still some fuckers out in the pubs near me at the moment for Pities sake.

I wonder how long the approval with the Corona handling is going to last with folks if/when we start hitting 100+ a die dying.

Things would be getting pretty dire if there were 100 deaths per death.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Welp, wedding postponed until October. Knowing my luck that'll be when Russia invades or something.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Greblin posted:

M-M-M-M-MULTIKILL

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

RockyB posted:

Saw this in the Corona thread and thought of bidet chat:

https://i.imgur.com/lNs7hAH.mp4

Cracks me up every single drat time.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Greblin posted:

harold shipman must be devastated

Active Quasar
Feb 22, 2011
So which minority group is going to get genocided to excuse capital from Great Depression 2.0?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Disnesquick posted:

So which minority group is going to get genocided to excuse capital from Great Depression 2.0?

bit of a dumb question this

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Disnesquick posted:

Boomers?

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Disnesquick posted:

Chinese or Olds.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Greblin posted:

GOD DAMMIT

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

namesake posted:

M-M-M-M-MULTIKILL

GOURANGA!

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

People (UK tory people who are convinced this is a fuss over nothing - blitz, flu etc etc) now starting to question the number of deaths put down to CV in Italy and saying they would have died anyway. From what I can gather - and I've seen nothing specific from google - the death count from Italy as those who have been tested positive (whether before or after death).
Anyway know for sure?

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Disnesquick posted:

Hoping for the aristocracy - they are a minority after all.

So, my youngest daughter (13) and a niece (22) are now separately in self-isolation. Hoping my daughter doesn't get driven mad by being trapped with my ex for a fortnight. Party-in-a-petri-dish big gig at the end of the month is still not cancelled... gently caress.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Trump will probably be demanding reparations from China soon :/

Clement
Jun 30, 2007

I've met a working Yorkshire miner.
If this dry cough would gently caress off, that would be great. Anybody with suspected symptoms/the actual virus itself also have blocked sinuses and a blocked nose that just won't clear?

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

crispix posted:

Trump will probably be demanding reparations from China soon :/

They could offer to build him a wall

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

peanut- posted:

I have the exact same feeling I get on rollercoasters just as you reach the top of the top of the lift-hill but this will go on for months lmao

Clement posted:

If this dry cough would gently caress off, that would be great. Anybody with suspected symptoms/the actual virus itself also have blocked sinuses and a blocked nose that just won't clear?

If you can get ahold of some Sudafed Blocked Nose spray (in the blue bottle) is like a nuke and clears you right out

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

Clement posted:

The one saving grace of this is that my nose has been clear as anything the whole time through. Could do without the everything else though

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

ThomasPaine posted:

If you can get ahold of some Sudafed Blocked Nose spray (in the blue bottle) is like a nuke and clears you right out

Yeah any xylometazoline hydrochloride spray will do this. You spray it, and 30 seconds later congestion vanishes for hours. That stuff is a wonder drug.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

ThomasPaine posted:

This stuff has a strong rebound effect so can leave you worse in the long run. Use really sparingly or preferably not at all.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhinitis_medicamentosa

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Solidarity Fund Update

We just want to drop a huge thank you to everyone for an incredible surge of goonerosity since announcing the fund was open. This community has already donated £1825 to provide support to our fellow goons which is way beyond anyone was expecting. Thank you so much for showing your support to each other. If you are struggling and were waiting to see if the fund would be successful before making a request please be assured that you do not need to worry and get in touch. All requests are valid and will be given full consideration.

Again thanks everyone, you rule :unsmith:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1240734863692648449

If only someone could have predicted this would be the result of Boris's complete loving incompetence and laziness.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Gods, I wonder what it would be like if Labour were in charge right now.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

People (UK tory people who are convinced this is a fuss over nothing - blitz, flu etc etc) now starting to question the number of deaths put down to CV in Italy and saying they would have died anyway. From what I can gather - and I've seen nothing specific from google - the death count from Italy as those who have been tested positive (whether before or after death).
Anyway know for sure?

Don’t argue with them. ‘But it’s the end of an ice age so it’d be getting warmer anyway’, ‘why was she in the room if she wasn’t expecting something to happen?’.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Anyway know for sure?
Yes, Italians, like all other chordates, would have died at some point eventually even without the Covid. That their lives weren't shortened by it seems very dubious though.

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Question Time was good, 'matt' was squirming around and talking about everyone being human as the panel asked questions regarding details. Hopefully it'll put enough shame on for something to be said.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1240734863692648449

If only someone could have predicted this would be the result of Boris's complete loving incompetence and laziness.

we need a good riot right now (with responsible social distancing)

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Josef bugman posted:

Gods, I wonder what it would be like if Labour were in charge right now.

There would have been a coup by now.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
My partner is in tears because despite saying schools would shut yesterday the list of children the govt has now provided means that the entire staff (including those who are vulnerable) will need to be in to meet safeguarding rules, while teachers are also expected to be providing e learning for those who have been sent home.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

a pipe smoking dog posted:

My partner is in tears because despite saying schools would shut yesterday the list of children the govt has now provided means that the entire staff (including those who are vulnerable) will need to be in to meet safeguarding rules, while teachers are also expected to be providing e learning for those who have been sent home.

In one of my local facebook groups, we've put together a poll of local people who have current enhanced DBS for working with under 18s (not currently working as teachers or LSAs etc) who could help out if necessary. We have over 40 people now. (Also notified local schools about the group so they are aware).

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Mar 19, 2020

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Jesus Christ. Is there anything we, as strangers on the internet, can do to help?

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon

Don't forget that all holiday is cancelled and they're proposing hours are extended to 6am to 10pm. Oh and there were rumours earlier it might even have to go 24/7. Nobody knows for sure though because local authorities aren't getting clear instructions from central government so it's all being winged.

Has a clear list of key worker roles even been proposed yet? As of a couple of hours ago it certainly hadn't.

Turns out "schools shut" actually means "schools open much more than before".

Loonytoad Quack fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Mar 19, 2020

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Loonytoad Quack posted:

Don't forget that all holiday is cancelled and they're proposing hours are extended to 6am to 10pm. Oh and there were rumours earlier it might even have to go 24/7. Nobody knows for sure though because local authorities aren't getting clear instructions from central government so it's all being winged.

Has a clear list of key worker roles even been proposed yet? As of a couple of hours ago it certainly hadn't.

Turns out "schools shut" actually means "schools open much more than before".

what central government?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

In one of my local facebook groups, we've put together a poll of local people who have current enhanced DBS for working with under 18s (not currently working as teachers or LSAs etc) who could help out if necessary. We have over 40 people now. (Also notified local schools about the group so they are aware).

That's not a bad idea, I have a valid enhanced DBS and I'm sure a lot of other folk have as well.