Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Mierenneuker posted:

*If you are forced to work from home right now you'll be fine

I just got fired from my house, thanks a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Irritated Goat posted:

Capcom Bundle up on Humble. $20 for good stuff but all I want is Resident Evil 1 HD. Bleh.

This is a bit of a weird one in that it has the Megaman (X) Legacy 1 packs and Megaman 11, but neither of the legacy 2 packs so you're still missing half the games.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

You're not missing out on much on Megaman X Pack 2 though. When are the Megaman Battle Network games coming?

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

GrandpaPants posted:

You're not missing out on much on Megaman X Pack 2 though. When are the Megaman Battle Network games coming?

This is the REAL question we need answered.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Trials of Mana demo is pretty fun, though definitely too easy and fairly obviously made on a modest budget (albeit still much higher than Secret of Mana 2018). Not sure how it'd hold up for 20+ hours, but I enjoyed it, and your progress does transfer to the full game.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Doom Eternal is good.

Also after level 1 I love how there's this moment where you're like "oh, is that a level select menu?" but before you can even finish reading them the Doomslayer reaches out and mashes a button.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

GrandpaPants posted:

When are the Megaman Legends games coming?

Asked me and p much no one else.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

SirSamVimes posted:

Doom Eternal is good.

Also after level 1 I love how there's this moment where you're like "oh, is that a level select menu?" but before you can even finish reading them the Doomslayer reaches out and mashes a button.

is it unlocked on steam already?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

some more currently-free stuff on itch.io

https://zertuk.itch.io/spooky-ghosts-dot-com - cute little metroidvania, it's pretty basic though
https://machineboy.itch.io/milkmaid-of-the-milky-way - point n click adventure about a milkmaid that ends up on an alien spaceship
https://critterdust.itch.io/earth-tongue - a lot of people in here have said "earthtongue, that's a cool thing, it's not really a game but like, drat"

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i tried 2 of the demos last night. rising hell is the kind of game you would randomly get in a $1 bundle tier and then play it for a couple hours and have some fun and then never think about again. its not offensive but its not very good either.
resolutiion has a hyper light drifter kind of vibe but its not in the same ballpark. combat felt extremely clunky. your movement skill and special abilities all use the same slowly regenerating resource so you can dodge or shoot your gun but not really both together for more than a second. melee attacks are very slow. text feels like its trying to be deep and existential but also like it wasnt originally written in english.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Disposable Scud posted:

Looks like Nightdive did something with Sin Gold.

Sweet, are we finally getting Sin Episodes 2?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Doorknob Slobber posted:

Button is grayed out for me.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

The 7th Guest posted:

https://zertuk.itch.io/spooky-ghosts-dot-com - cute little metroidvania, it's pretty basic though

I thought they gave the bosses about twice as much HP as necessary to make the game last longer. Otherwise it's pretty solid.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Doorknob Slobber posted:

No, it's midnight EST, but a VPN works

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

ultrafilter posted:

I thought they gave the bosses about twice as much HP as necessary to make the game last longer. Otherwise it's pretty solid.

Ah, it's dead cells

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I don't remember seeing this posted here, there's a racing HB at the moment

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/just-drive

Which is...fairly overkill, even if you are a big racing fan, I don't see why you'd need more than one at a time.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Hey Too Shy Guy, Morels just had an update that has apparently added an exploration mode where you can be an animal and everything is unlocked! ...also they added endless repeating seasons so the game won't end. I thought you, and others, might appreciate this news.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

HopperUK posted:

Hey Too Shy Guy, Morels just had an update that has apparently added an exploration mode where you can be an animal and everything is unlocked! ...also they added endless repeating seasons so the game won't end. I thought you, and others, might appreciate this news.

oh my god i need it

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

gently caress now I want it even more.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Holy poo poo, Morels looks rad as hell. How had I not heard of this before?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Morels kind of gives me Miasmata vibes. Is that accurate?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Doorknob Slobber posted:

It unlocked early in New Zealand, Australia and Southeast Asia.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Mierenneuker posted:

http://www.nextdimension.org/sinsteam/ :nws:*

I'm the noteboard that has Monica Lewinsky as the employee of the year.

*If you are forced to work from home right now you'll be fine

I'm Kiaatu Borada Nikto

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Surge 2 is on Game Pass. Should I look into playing Surge 1 first?

Orv
May 4, 2011

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Surge 2 is on Game Pass. Should I look into playing Surge 1 first?

Nah. Surge 2 is a Good Game. Surge 1 is a Good Game****.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Quick trip report from the Game Festival Demos I've Tried:

Jack Axe: A Super Meat Boy-ish platformer with the main gimmick is an axe that you can throw and then use to slingshot yourself over gaps. Could be worth keeping an eye on.

Garden Story: A cute Zelda type game. The demo is unfortunately too short to get a real good read on.

Evan's Remains: It seems like it could be interesting but the puzzles in the demo were pretty basic so unless there is some kind of collectable or they add some more complex mechanics this could end up being a pretty shallow game.

Chicory: Charming paint-em-up that I'll definitely keep an eye on.

Coffee Talk: Seems okay, I guess?

Going Under: Hades but with Late-Stage Capitalism instead of Ancient Greece.

Quench: Hard crashed my laptop during the intro. :gonk:

Tunche: A neat little beat-em-up. But why is Hat Girl here? :confused:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Morels kind of gives me Miasmata vibes. Is that accurate?

Quite a different feeling but it's not a wholly bad comparison. More like The Hunter CoTW except you don't kill anything? And much simpler.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
more games should adopt the cartography system from miasmata, imo

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Zetsubou-san posted:

more games should adopt the cartography system from miasmata, imo

Call of Duty but you're a second lieutenant.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
:getin:

https://i.imgur.com/Z30JKKp.mp4

h_double
Jul 27, 2001

GrandpaPants posted:

When are the Megaman Battle Network games coming?

That would be an extremely niche appeal but also my eyes lit up when you suggested it.

h_double fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Mar 20, 2020

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
There's an indie game that apparently plays like Mega Man Battle Network? It's One Step from Eden. It's also a roguelike deckbuilder?

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Am I missing a secret technique or why did they include these pools of fluids that remove all movement abilities and turn those sections into a literal slog? Oh uh, Doom Eternal. Mostly fun so far. Sometimes the platforming is blah.

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

DatonKallandor posted:

There's an indie game that apparently plays like Mega Man Battle Network? It's One Step from Eden. It's also a roguelike deckbuilder?

Oooooooo I played a demo of this while back, it was pretty neat. I’m guessing it should still be available if you want to try a taste.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

DatonKallandor posted:

It's not out yet, but there is a playable demo from their Kickstarter and it is very strong. Really hope the game comes together well

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
Is Doom Eternal technically sound enough to jump right in or is it better to give it a week or two of bugfixing before biting down on the BFG ?

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Newest Nvidia drivers gives me 60fps at all times at 1440p resolution with everything on Ultra Violence.

No crashes. Make sure you have a Bethesda account.

3 hours played.

For reference: Windows 10, GTX 1080, i7-4790K, and installed on an SSD.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Jamfrost posted:

Make sure you have a Bethesda account.

lol gently caress forgot about this

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yeah surprisingly I'm pulling almost the same (had to tweak a few things) with a 1060 6GB, after I installed the new drivers that came out yesterday. Very very pleasantly surprised

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
Thanks for the answeres. dowloading Eternal now, and hoping the bethesda launcher isnt too much of a poo poo show .