Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

I should be showing symptoms tomorrow unless these Thai herbals actually do something

e: i wonder if America will be balkanized by the time I recover, inshallah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Inceltown posted:

Isn't Oregon the state all the fash move to in order to set up an ethnostate? Don't curl the finger on that monkey paw.

It's a hoax. It was meant to be for Friday originally in the hoax but it is going to keep getting pushed out. It's typical "aNy dAy nOw" bullshit and you will see more of it.

whoops, my bad then

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

SKULL.GIF posted:

I can't stop thinking about Newsome saying 25 million people are going to get corona in California in the next two months

That is COMPLETELY UNCONTROLLED, that's an extreme outbreak. China only had eighty thousand cases, even Italy only has a couple dozen thousand

Holy poo poo

that's 750k fatalities at 3% CFR or 500k if it's only 2% which is very optimistic

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Doorknob Slobber posted:

god i hope WA and Oregon join in and form a new country that is maybe kind of good somehow

Who gets the federal Army/Navy/Air force Bases? Trump will just nuke everything west of the Rockies.

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Waiiit... so mid-size employers could dump their workers healthcare in the middle of a pandemic? lol

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

SKULL.GIF posted:

pretty sure they can't actually do that, you should still be able to pull unemployment since this is flat out firing you, not "assuming you quit"

Yeah, definitely fight this.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

SKULL.GIF posted:

I can't stop thinking about Newsome saying 25 million people are going to get corona in California in the next two months

That is COMPLETELY UNCONTROLLED, that's an extreme outbreak. China only had eighty thousand cases, even Italy only has a couple dozen thousand

Holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/KoyogaS/status/1240610877163712513/photo/1

Is the math behind this chart valid at all?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

points at image

Nationalized

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Inceltown posted:

Isn't Oregon the state all the fash move to in order to set up an ethnostate? Don't curl the finger on that monkey paw.

It's a hoax. It was meant to be for Friday originally in the hoax but it is going to keep getting pushed out. It's typical "aNy dAy nOw" bullshit and you will see more of it.

That's more an idaho thing, not that it doesn't happen in OR & eastern WA

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/RevEricAtcheson/status/1240763295876829185

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

SKULL.GIF posted:

pretty sure they can't actually do that, you should still be able to pull unemployment since this is flat out firing you, not "assuming you quit"

Adjectivist Philosophy posted:

File anyway and make it clear you did not quit. Your boss saying you quit is not sufficient to deny unemployment. Don't wait.

I will try, but this is an at will state, So I think they can do whatever the hell they want as long it was no fault of my own. I even got a fancy little piece of paper that said I quit when I went to get my last paycheck, I did not sign anything

And the owner is a circuit court judge.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Shifty Pony posted:

some "quarantine life-hacks!" things flying around various Insta and Facebook groups said to buy baby formula instead of milk because it is shelf stable for longer. that's probably behind the shortage.

also those folks are in for one hell of a rude awakening when they crack a tin of formula and discover just how godawful it smells and tastes.

jesus christ

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

:drat: that's a LOT of Cum Infections

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Inceltown posted:

Oregon and WA are very, very rural outside of their population centers and the alt-right loves to kramer into seattle, and olympia, and portland with their bullshit. There are also a poo poo ton of pretty hardcore anarchists in the region.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

They can fire you for any reason but they can't deny you unemployment without showing valid cause or you legit quit or stopped showing up.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Applesnots posted:

I will try, but this is an at will state, So I think they can do whatever the hell they want as long it was no fault of my own. I even got a fancy little piece of paper that said I quit when I went to get my last paycheck, I did not sign anything

Make copies of the text. You'll have to appeal, but even in an at will state your employer can't involuntarily quit you, that's what firing is

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

FistEnergy posted:

that's 750k fatalities at 3% CFR or 500k if it's only 2% which is very optimistic

yes but can I still go to disney???

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

mod sassinator posted:

yes but can I still go to disney???

I was supposed to fly to Disneyland on Saturday :smith:

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Adjectivist Philosophy posted:

Did the unemployment office tell you this? This is absolutely not the case in Ohio, but I can't speak for other states. Employers have an incentive to mislead you about unemployment benefits and you should never give them a single loving inch. File, it doesn't cost you anything anyway if they deny you (appeal the first denial, too) I've been through it a few times and they want you to be discouraged, but you don't have to be.

I think someone told me this when I got laid off last year. So probably just made it all up with how smooth my brain has become.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

twoday posted:

putting a mix of aromatic herbs in the snout of my fursuit to ward off the pestilent air created by the diseased children

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

so, to that poster that was going on about the drugs being made cheaply in China and India,

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Eat This Glob posted:

whoops, my bad then

don't sweat it, it'll be true soon enough.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Doorknob Slobber posted:

Oregon and WA are very, very rural outside of their population centers and the alt-right loves to kramer into seattle, and olympia, and portland with their bullshit. There are also a poo poo ton of pretty hardcore anarchists in the region.

it's worse than that, Oregon was founded as a white state. it was straight up illegal to be non-white in Oregon: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oregon_black_exclusion_laws

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
Of course it's a tax credit (a loving LOAN)

Of course the poorest get nothing

drat I guess I understand why dipshits vote for Trump, there were retards on this very forum who thought the new York millionaire was going to cut them a check for $2000

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

CUM INFECTIONS

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

aren’t congressman explicitly allowed to insider trade lol

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I see 7.7 billion on there, looks valid enough to me

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Asproigerosis posted:

I think someone told me this when I got laid off last year. So probably just made it all up with how smooth my brain has become.

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

Doorknob Slobber posted:

we are going to be serbia pretty soon, those chuds are just dumb enough

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Der Meister posted:

aren’t congressman explicitly allowed to insider trade lol

yes

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Doorknob Slobber posted:

god i hope WA and Oregon join in and form a new country that is maybe kind of good somehow
oregon and washington have far too many insane right-wing militia people for it to be "kinda good somehow"

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1240782995209977857?s=20

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

Applesnots posted:

That piece of paper you didn't sign doesnt mean Jack poo poo in court. You said you were going to work from home and your boss fired you as retaliation.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Asproigerosis posted:

Your boss however can be petty piece of poo poo and tell the state don't give them unemployment even though it literally costs them nothing because the obligation is covered by the unemployment taxes they pay.

As others have said it's different state to state, but I seriously doubt you won't be able to get it in any state. In Wisconsin this is a slam dunk approval, you can only be denied if you were fired for certain causes like failed drug tests or gross insubordination or negligence, and these things must have documentation. They will fight it if they are dicks and you might have to wait longer but you should win and get back pay. If they fired you over the phone literally just they said you're fired for being late , in situations like that they should side with you if your employer has no documentation of tardiness, and even if they did that's not something that gets you denied unemployment benefits.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Schmeichy posted:

Growing onions and herbs will complement all the beans you've hoarded
Onions have a long growing season; it'll be fall (or midsummer at least) until you're harvesting. Shorter-term, go with scallions.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

cum infections

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Inceltown posted:

Oregon is a weird place. It's kind of a weird melting pot of all kinds of different left and right flavored types who find common ground in having a libertarian streak and a distrust of various types of authorities. Anti-vaxers? White supremacists? Anarchists? Militia types? We've got a bit of all of it.