Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

We're so close to month four of the year. So close, yet so far...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

is it illegal to trade stocks if you are a blind seer with prophetic powers

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

not an endorsement posted:

is it illegal to trade stocks if you are a blind seer with prophetic powers
I think only if you share your incredible gift with other people.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

even if we did literally nothing whatsoever and let 2 or 3 percent of the entire global population die, it would be incredibly horrible on an emotional and spiritual level but it wouldn't be apocalyptic and life as you know it, day to day, wouldn't change in the slightest. so the apocalyptic twitter takes are kinda silly. (no I am not saying do nothing, I am saying DO SOMETHING!)

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This is all going to end like some Twilight Zone poo poo with Boomers saying "I was going to call my grandkids! There was time now!"

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

GrimGypsy posted:

even if we did literally nothing whatsoever and let 2 or 3 percent of the entire global population die, it would be incredibly horrible on an emotional and spiritual level but it wouldn't be apocalyptic and life as you know it, day to day, wouldn't change in the slightest. so the apocalyptic twitter takes are kinda silly. (no I am not saying do nothing, I am saying DO SOMETHING!)

I work with 2 - 3% of the global population tho

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

thanks for the take

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
wasn't 2-3% of the earth's population disappearing the plot of the leftovers

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
trump's going to come out of this looking like a strong decisive leader

and somehow the democrats will look even more impotent and weak... it's really mind-boggling how bad they are at everything

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

GrimGypsy posted:

even if we did literally nothing whatsoever and let 2 or 3 percent of the entire global population die, it would be incredibly horrible on an emotional and spiritual level but it wouldn't be apocalyptic and life as you know it, day to day, wouldn't change in the slightest

Counterpoint, more than 2-3% of the population will not have jobs to immediately come back to, and we're already seeing insane statistics just in the US of that being the case In Week 1 Of This. Life will change for those people at least temporarily, day to day

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
A food

https://twitter.com/ConnorLounsbury/status/1240864774495363072?s=19

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

https://twitter.com/rjoyourjoy1919/status/1239737089589198854

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

the reduced traffic congestion is pretty nice tbh

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
hell yea

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

a whole lot of "participating parties were confused about" in that draft

i wonder who

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Counterpoint, more than 2-3% of the population will not have jobs to immediately come back to, and we're already seeing insane statistics just in the US of that being the case In Week 1 Of This. Life will change for those people at least temporarily, day to day

yeah no the panic resulting from the disease is gonna kill way more people than the disease will, the economic impact is gonna create waves of homelessness and addiction and poverty and crime and other illness unseen since the depression, not to mention brutal government policies, that kill millions and ruin millions more

but hey we saved a few thousand now and planning ahead is for nerds TUMr!

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Waffle House posted:

the reduced traffic congestion is pretty nice tbh

Hell yeah my daily work commute is so much...why yes I'm still required to go to work why do you ask?

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Plinkey posted:

my eyes have felt like they have sawdust in them, for the last 5 das

get some systane eyedrops i dunno if they will help but i like putting them in my eyes

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

lol i feel like every 6 months i get some keystone light and then remember why i hadn't buy it for a long time

its very much nothing

but its beer!

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

People during the Corona-Crisis:
"Thank you, doctors and scientists, for saving us with your selfless dedication, decades long experience and scientifically proven medical knowledge!"

Doctors after the Corona-Crisis:
"Uhm guys, you totally should get vaccinated!"

People:
"SHUT THE gently caress UP, SNAKE OIL MAN, DON'T TELL US WHAT TO DO! BIG PHARMA SCAM! AUTISM! RAAAAHRGBLBLBL."

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

mcbexx posted:

People during the Corona-Crisis:
"Thank you, doctors and scientists, for saving us with your selfless dedication, decades long experience and scientifically proven medical knowledge!"

Doctors after the Corona-Crisis:
"Uhm guys, you totally should get vaccinated!"

People:
"SHUT THE gently caress UP, SNAKE OIL MAN, DON'T TELL US WHAT TO DO! BIG PHARMA SCAM! AUTISM! RAAAAHRGBLBLBL."

lmao just wait until we have to explain to people why Climate Change is genuinely even scarier than this and is 100% going to create way worse pandemics(and other issues) if we don't solve it with the same laser focus

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

mcbexx posted:

People:

Dunno, any rushed vaccination that comes out within a year is going to trigger some serious red flags for me

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

there's a lot of COVID thread regulars who are sitting pretty specifically because that thread was sounding the alarm a month ago lol

My girlfriend is grateful, some people thought i was nuts.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

still concerned I don't have enough food

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Plinkey posted:

my eyes have felt like they have sawdust in them, for the last 5 das

did plinkey gently caress around with a uv sanitizing light

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Holy poo poo. Relavent Doom spoilers:
Living with Rage and Other Common Emotions in the Apocalyptic Wasteland

Sudden Loud Noise has issued a correction as of 07:00 on Mar 20, 2020

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Virtual Russian posted:

still concerned I don't have enough food

:same:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

DryGoods posted:

feels like we could solve this with the power of the blockchain

:hmmyes:

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Gripweed posted:

Everyone is coming out the other end of this deeply weird

https://twitter.com/JasMoneyRecords/status/1240345651700994048?s=20

Haven't checked, what does Goop recommend we shove up our vaginas/assholes to combat these trying times?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
imagine wasting a pound of salt on a dang bath

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

imagine wasting a pound of salt on a dang bath

the huge salt lick (for licking) in my living room is only 20 lbs thats only 20 baths

outrageous

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
you can evapourate the water to keep the salt, in these tryign tim es

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Chris James 2 posted:

It's easy. Just start a massive public works project like the country has never seen before. Take some verified uninfected unemployed people. Have them make a set of PPE for themselves for the next day and another set of PPE for a different person. Repeat this process every day, but bring in new people wearing the extra PPE. Now you have exponentially doubling PPE production. Bing bong so simple.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

not an endorsement posted:

the huge salt lick (for licking) in my living room is only 20 lbs thats only 20 baths

outrageous

Weird thing to call you new baby.

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

https://twitter.com/alexaique/status/1239793756192116737

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

cumshitter posted:

*looks at latte art cock floating at the top of my coffee and immediately tosses it at the employee*

I SAID I WANTED A BIG DICK IN MY COFFEE

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

The big strong president is on tv everyday fighting the pandemic and is about to send us all $1,000 trumpbux.

Joe Biden tried to do a webcast and wandered off screen like your peepaw looking for his car keys.

The bar for good governance for most Americans is so low that trump not making GBS threads his pants at a press conference is all they need to carry him to a 400+ ev victory in November, especially if the alternative is dementia Joe.

Trump 2nd term gonna be wild folks

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

The Nastier Nate posted:

The bar for good governance for most Americans is so low that trump not making GBS threads his pants at a press conference is all they need to carry him to a 400+ ev victory in November, especially if the alternative is dementia Joe.

he can poo poo his pants on tv as long as no one can smell it

welcome to my ted talk on the revolutionary new technology: smell-o-vision

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
... has anybody heard from Joe Biden recently?

maybe he died