Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

worships Old Ones, big deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Don't they already have a fat guy who can pull any random useful thing out of his gunt? It might be DC, might have seen it on Brave and the Bold.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
she gets her power from trimp

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Peanut President posted:

Can't believe Freakazoid is joining the Marvel comics pantheon

It's more like the Burger King kid's club.

Is Marvel just staffed by Boomers? Even just a quick Google would reveal that Snowflake is a pejorative. They're actually for real?

I take it back, it's less Burger King kid's club and more South Park.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

skooma512 posted:

It's more like the Burger King kid's club.

Is Marvel just staffed by Boomers? Even just a quick Google would reveal that Snowflake is a pejorative. They're actually for real?

I take it back, it's less Burger King kid's club and more South Park.

ah yes, the classic "is bad representation more harmful / worse than no representation"

A TALE AS OLD AS TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

the woke representational superheroes defending america alongside northrop grumman, marvel phase 5 is going to be lit

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

if my options are buffalo bill or nothing I'm hitting that N/A button right quick. (also cis people should be banned from writing about trans characters by force)

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Screentime

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

What a rotten way to die

that show was so loving good

batman beyond was really good too, the cyberpunk setting plus the villians being corporations and fascists makes it even more cspammy

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1239962134743625734?s=19

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

thank you lord jesus

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Met Cthulhu. She’s black.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
St'vros H'lkias, from Earth-69, aka The Cackler

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Over Easy posted:

What a rotten way to die

thankfully he didn't die in that scene

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Peanut President posted:

thankfully he didn't die in that scene

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

ElNarez posted:

snowflake throws ice shurikens, safespace creates force-fields but can't protect himself with them

https://twitter.com/LilithLovett/status/1240080036306141184

also one of the other heroes on the team is called "screentime" and their power is being online

https://twitter.com/PedanticRomantc/status/1240122907822563329

It's not one to one like Fiveish, but it's definitely the same energy

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

how can she be a regular kid if she gets her powers from god

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

I never played Deus Ex and refuse to get references to it :colbert:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

starkebn posted:

Don't they already have a fat guy who can pull any random useful thing out of his gunt? It might be DC, might have seen it on Brave and the Bold.

I think you're talking about The Venture Bros

Over Easy posted:

What a rotten way to die

that show was so loving good

batman beyond was really good too, the cyberpunk setting plus the villians being corporations and fascists makes it even more cspammy

Spoilers, but Clayface doesn't actually die there, he's just being a massive drama queen

Freaking Crumbum posted:

ah yes, the classic "is bad representation more harmful / worse than no representation"

A TALE AS OLD AS TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME

That argument really only flies when there's a dearth of examples of good representation, which there really isn't.

Honestly it'd make the most sense to me that these characters were made by a chud who was told to make trendy relevant progressive characters and saw they could get away with making them caricatures

But then again, boomers who have writing jobs are a bottomless well of stupidity

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I think you're talking about The Venture Bros

Ahaha, you're right. Best superhero universe for sure.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Peanut President posted:

that’s lame

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Peanut President posted:

that will be your butt

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020

Super heroing

Lmao

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

A4R8 posted:

Super heroing

Lmao

even better, teenage super heroing. you know, legally distinct from adult super heroing, posthumous super heroing, intelligent animal super heroing, etc.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

https://twitter.com/Clarknt67/status/1240623447119663105

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

look, I loving know clayface doesn't die in that scene

i just wanted to deusexpost

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

means tested hugs

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
God apparently loves to fill his chosen ones' bags with Twinkies

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

at some point dont body shame turned into non skinny female characters should be depicted as obese but only among generally insane comic book people since the rest of us know what normal plus size women actually look like

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Some Guy TT posted:

at some point dont body shame turned into non skinny female characters should be depicted as obese but only among generally insane comic book people since the rest of us know what normal plus size women actually look like

I'm sorry what

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I loved 12 Monkeys as a kid and it took a random twitter shitpost to get me to remember it. I had the soundtrack on cd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmPyu0ZepJ4

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

is this seriously not a joke?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Low Desert Punk posted:

is this seriously not a joke?

It's real, just like your nightmares.

Some Guy TT posted:

Some Guy TT posted:

what the gently caress are you trying to say

steinrokkan posted:

God apparently loves to fill his chosen ones' bags with Twinkies

There are many young people out there praying for twinks, yes

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

even in 4chans wildest dreams they couldnt come up with something so blatently stupid

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

T-man posted:

what the gently caress are you trying to say

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I have more questions

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

faith herbert was an obscure valiant superhero back in the nineties who was noteworthy for having relatively realistic body proportions compared to other superheroes of the era

in 2016 she was rebooted as a hardcore positive body image fat person superhero

the people making the comic got so high on their own farts from the positive press that they made the character increasingly fetishistic and ridiculous

i think the hype died down around 2018 which was coincidentally about the same time a live action movie adaptation was announced

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Some Guy TT posted:

i think the hype died down around 2018 which was coincidentally about the same time a live action movie adaptation was announced

that's the blonde wonder bread fetish lady isn't it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Some Guy TT posted:

faith herbert was an obscure valiant superhero back in the nineties who was noteworthy for having relatively realistic body proportions compared to other superheroes of the era

in 2016 she was rebooted as a hardcore positive body image fat person superhero

the people making the comic got so high on their own farts from the positive press that they made the character increasingly fetishistic and ridiculous

lmao