Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

binge crotching posted:

Even as a purifier they gave me a choice of keeping them or destroying them. On 2.6.1 at least.

xenophobe militaristic materialists, my two options were “break open to get the delicious innards” and “destroy all the foul xeno creations”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

androo posted:

Hmm, right. I'm the determined exterminator.

Oh yeah, then go with what PittTheElder said, but the BadBoi civics are normally a few games down the line.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Was thinking about how you can't spend favors to sway federation member's votes, nor can you dick with how they viewed each other.

Then it hit me - that Stellaris, after years of active post-release development, after a major DLC named after it, still has worse diplomacy than most games ship at launch. Wah wah waaaaaah~

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

When in doubt: eat everyone! Devouring Swarm lyfe

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

We should make a new thread title, losing tiles is old hat nowadays.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
Stellaris 2.6: The Word for Diplomacy is Goodbye

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

androo posted:

Hmm, right. I'm the determined exterminator.
You can actually have completely normal diplomacy with other machine empires.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Maybe don't put the version number in the thread title

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

QuarkJets posted:

Maybe don't put the version number in the thread title

Reasonable. Any suggestions?

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Aethernet posted:

Reasonable. Any suggestions?

standard.deviant posted:

Same deal for purge jobs—being exterminated is just another job at the end of the day.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Me, 12 hrs into first game, finally finding out that I HAVE TO build districts on planets and not just clear place for them assuming they will be built themselves when on auto: :byodood:

ps
gently caress me micromanagement became so simple.
is there a comprehensive tutorial video on the game to not gently caress up like that?

Erulisse fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Mar 20, 2020

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

AntherUslessPoster posted:

Me, 12 hrs into first game, finally finding out that I HAVE TO build districts on planets and not just clear place for them assuming they will be built themselves when on auto: :byodood:

ps
gently caress me micromanagement became so simple.
is there a comprehensive tutorial video on the game to not gently caress up like that?

Have you played, like, the in-game tutorial?

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

That's what I'm playing now.
The tutorial said that turning automatic management on will build all stuff by itself.
Turns out it didn't, I did something wrong maybe?

Erulisse fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Mar 20, 2020

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
I have to start cutting down on habitable planets in Huge galaxies, I can't get past thirty planets under the Le Guin sector rework without going bugfuck insane from moving pops and queuing builds. though a couple hundred years in and I'm spamming habs and ringworlds anyways so idk

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

AntherUslessPoster posted:

That's what I'm playing now.
The tutorial said that turning automatic management on will build all stuff by itself.
Turns out it didn't, I did something wrong maybe?
Are you saying that auto management isn't building districts? Like, at all?

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Are robots bugged? For some reason I cannot upgrade them to droids

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Splicer posted:

Are you saying that auto management isn't building districts? Like, at all?

Does default capital planet come with districts? It was the only one that had districts built despite all other colonies being on full auto

Mortlock
May 16, 2014

I hosed up... Aborted my Juggernaut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEJrkPGrFN8

About to finish my mega shipyard so won't have to wait 10 years for the next one to build...

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!

Bholder posted:

Are robots bugged? For some reason I cannot upgrade them to droids

AFAIK there's no upgrade, the droids technology just lets them work more different jobs.
Which is a little annoying, it'd be nice to have the option of both intelligent synths and dumb robots for astro mining at the same time.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
Just modified my entire species to be both brain slugged and psionic. For some dumb all new leaders now spawn with just psionic trait, while a couple from before the species wide implementation still have both.

Literally unplayable.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Serephina posted:

Was thinking about how you can't spend favors to sway federation member's votes, nor can you dick with how they viewed each other.

Then it hit me - that Stellaris, after years of active post-release development, after a major DLC named after it, still has worse diplomacy than most games ship at launch. Wah wah waaaaaah~

Trying to think about the things that would fill out diplomacy a little:

-Improve/harm relations between other powers
-Mediate conflicts, convincing other empires to end wars
-Join conflicts, allowing empires to appeal to each other to join wars
-Bribe empires to change their votes
-Ask other empires to close borders/put trade embargoes on third parties to isolate them
-Some kind of Space Lend-Lease Act, providing military assistance to friendly empires
-The positive or negative opinion modifiers from events should degrade like they do now, but there should be a baseline level that remains, even if it's just plus or minus ten, so that your choices over the the course of a game in regards to another empire add up instead of inexorably ticking back to zero.

Also it would be cool if there were specific diplomatic things that were derived from your ethics. Maybe a spiritual empire asks if you would be willing to host a spiritual leader in your empire for a few years, generating income in the form of donations for that empire, generating spiritual ethics attraction in your empire, and giving you some bonus unity. Maybe a militarist empire wants to do military exercises with your navy that keeps it busy for a while and costs some energy credits but gives your admiral some experience. Adding a few of these for each ethics or government type that empires might want to do with their neighbors could give some non-shooting based interactions.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Nosfereefer posted:

Just modified my entire species to be both brain slugged and psionic. For some dumb all new leaders now spawn with just psionic trait, while a couple from before the species wide implementation still have both.

Literally unplayable.

IIRC you're only supposed to be able to have one trait with improves_leaders = yes.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Nosfereefer posted:

Literally unplayable.

Nah, it's that the brain slug trait is RNG. It only appears 20% of the time, and can appear on any non-robot/cybernetic leader, even on species without the brain slug trait.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Electro-Boogie Jack posted:

Also it would be cool if there were specific diplomatic things that were derived from your ethics. Maybe a spiritual empire asks if you would be willing to host a spiritual leader in your empire for a few years, generating income in the form of donations for that empire, generating spiritual ethics attraction in your empire, and giving you some bonus unity. Maybe a militarist empire wants to do military exercises with your navy that keeps it busy for a while and costs some energy credits but gives your admiral some experience. Adding a few of these for each ethics or government type that empires might want to do with their neighbors could give some non-shooting based interactions.

I remembered some stuff like this that's actually in the game but checking the wiki suggests that only some of it is vanilla, and I guess the others were from mods.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

scaterry posted:

Nah, it's that the brain slug trait is RNG. It only appears 20% of the time, and can appear on any non-robot/cybernetic leader, even on species without the brain slug trait.

I see. Game is playable again.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Has anyone gotten multiplayer to work with the new patch? Getting all kinds of desync and connection issues

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Dreylad posted:

How to win friends, and charm xenos -or- Manufacturing C.O.N.S.E.N.T.

Also re new thread title chat

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Mr. Crow posted:

Has anyone gotten multiplayer to work with the new patch? Getting all kinds of desync and connection issues

Yeah, five players with no desyncs for a few hours so far.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

The Lost Colony hates me, too.

help?

Blorange
Jan 31, 2007

A wizard did it

Does anyone know if regular AI empires starting the game with 70 pops on their homeworld an advanced start, or a lost colony thing?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Blorange posted:

Does anyone know if regular AI empires starting the game with 70 pops on their homeworld an advanced start, or a lost colony thing?

This devouring swarm was a Prosperous Unification start with the some portrait as the hegomonic imperialists who were a Lost Colony, so I assume 70-80 pops is an advanced start.

Apparently it even breaks the hivemind-organic empire barrier, as well as allowing genocidal empires.

:shepicide:

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Yami Fenrir posted:

help?

Restart

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Yami Fenrir posted:

help?

Rush starbase upgrades and turtle hard? Throw envoys at the post colony too.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

The Shortest Path posted:

I ended up restarting.

Also Envoys wouldn't work cuz they rivaled me.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Yami Fenrir posted:

help?

Oh god, lost colony devouring swarms :gonk:

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

The Shortest Path posted:

Devouring Swarms are -1000 and don't really do diplomacy.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
How are Machine Empires looking with this update? I greatly preferred the feel of their economy after Le Guin, but haven't played since before lithoids were a thing.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Kestral posted:

How are Machine Empires looking with this update? I greatly preferred the feel of their economy after Le Guin, but haven't played since before lithoids were a thing.

They were overpowered pre-update and are now arguably even better in some ways.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Deuce posted:

Devouring Swarms are -1000 and don't really do diplomacy.

Oh I didn't realize the lost colony was also a devouring swarm, that's loving terrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

I don't quite get the strategy or even how Galactic Community is supposed to work. It's x years in session to vote yay or nay on the top proposal, then x years in recess where... nothing happens? How do I make my proposal be the next one? I'm the empire with the most weight at the moment.

It seems cool but I can't figure it out!