Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Pears, orange plane, a kangaroo and a bull. I can work with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Filthy Haiku posted:

Behold, my beautiful boy.

I can hear this image, and it says 'SUP DOOD'

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Hellllll yeahhhh

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

I named my island PizzaRolls as a joke but now I kinda want to go get some pizza rolls. Assuming, you know, that the supermarkets aren't yet smoldering craters

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Any reason to actually deposit money in the ATM?

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Infinitum posted:

:siren: Gangtag Cut-off Warning :siren:

You have 36 hours from time of this post to request this fantabulous gangtag

After that you need to buy it yourself.

Remember to say 'please' when doing so, or imma probe you.

Could I please have a gang tag too? I’d be ever so grateful.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Infinitum posted:

Do you get interest like in past games?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Shoehead posted:

Hellllll yeahhhh

Did you have to remake the pattern or is the companion app for uploading codes available yet?

I decided I was gonna keep whatever the RNG gods gave me so that was green airport and cherries, and I've already planted apples, peaches and coconuts.

I also have my house and I just turned in all the wood and nuggets for the shop to open tomorrow, as well as handing in enough things for Blathers to start building the proper museum!

I was gonna work from home but I am ill as gently caress, so now my whole day is gonna be miles farming, fishing, bug catching and island expeditions in between coughing my lungs out and wishing for death. I've already used my freebie and got to invite Bianca to my island :dance:

Infinitum posted:

The older games rewarded you with items for big savings balances, so maybe.

Sterf
Dec 31, 2004

Tried to make a design through acpatterns.com , but gives me an error code 3999 if I try to import it through Nooklink. Anyone had any success with importing QR codes?

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Infinitum posted:

There's a maximum amount you can hold on your person.

Got some bad news for any other nocturnal players out there. I just got the store built. Unlike the vendor in Resident Services the standalone shop is NOT 24 hours. It's open from 8AM - 10PM. However, there IS a drop box outside that will still let you sell stuff.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I just got 10k bells from a balloon present, nice!

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Hey--So, I'm going to start playing with my wife today on the same console, but I have a couple of questions that I've been a bit confused by.

1) Can we share a house or do we each automatically get set up with our own tent? Can we upgrade one tent as a house to share and also maintain a tent?

2) When we play together, can we label the other as a bestfriend?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Shoehead posted:

Hellllll yeahhhh

So uh, is it just me or is the kerning on that "G" a little unfortunate?

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

lmao there's a miles reward if your balloon present falls into the water

A Sometimes Food posted:

:frogon:

Dr Leisure Suit
Sep 21, 2013

Infinitum posted:

Please can I have the tag thank you.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
So did only 1 roll and got blue airport, peaches and the town members Buck and Sylvia. Sylvia is a kangaroo and has a Joey that emotes with her which is adorable. Buck is meh.

Also like 3 other gay friends of mine all have peaches in their towns. Maybe there’s like a gay bias towards the rear end fruit? Not that I’m complaining.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

A Sometimes Food posted:

Yes. It is.

Forseeable Fuchsia
Dec 28, 2011

Infinitum posted:

If there’s still time, could I please get in on this? I’m normally a lurker but dang if anything is going to make me stop it’s Animal Crossing and self-isolation.

Picked this up today after not playing AC since Wild World and I’ve never been more excited.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
peaches as far as the eye can see

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Ruffian Price posted:

lmao there's a miles reward if your balloon present falls into the water

:frogon:

Looks like a C. Made me do a double take at first.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Hey I couldn't sleep so spent this morning just mindlessly fishing and whatever

Day 2:
*Gulliver showed up and did his quest thing
*Blathers Museum is going to open on Day 3, he stopped taking the stuff I was hoarding from him so everything is just in weird hammerspace in my house
*Cleaned the entire lower level of the island
*Used my travel ticket and met Boomer, yet another Penguin for my ranks. Dude is a stoner and said he just wanted to lay on his face and stare at grass while thinking about spaghetti
*Paid off the 98k house debt for another upgrade
*Nooklings store is going to go up Day 3 too
*Expanded my inventory, got the item ring and the upgraded tools

Upgraded tools take much longer to break and the Iron Axe can cut down trees instead of just bunting them. They still break though and that's really annoying.

Important?
I decided to print off a handful of those coupons to go to deserted islands so I could get stuff for the store's fetch quest. You're always guaranteed a villager and they all seem to be okay with joining you if you ask them to no hassle required.
The important thing though on these islands is there's a low chance of finding fruit not native to your island. I have oranges normally but the last ticket I spent I wound up at a island full of Peaches and Apple the hamster. Selling those got me like 25k and I planted a few around my island so go on those tours! They're good!!

It also sounds like you'll be upgrading your villagers houses too. When the store quest starts you walk in on Nook and the kids talking about how they'll need to fund their upgrades and get materials and told me not to worry about it just yet, so stockpiling as much wood as possible in advance.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Mar 20, 2020

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

enojy posted:

BEEF

I pulled this cute little number out of a balloon present. I think I've seen three in just one hour, so the frequency has increased it seems (didn't they only fly by once per hour in New Leaf?)

The island in the US Virgin Islands that has the main airport is called BEEF so I guess you know where you're located, now.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

*Used my travel ticket and met Boomer, yet another Penguin for my ranks. Dude is a stoner and said he just wanted to lay on his face and stare at grass while thinking about spaghetti

This is how I've been passing time during this pandemic, at least until 11pm last night. Minus the 'stoned' aspect.

ssb fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Mar 20, 2020

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Any goons streaming? I am stuck at work because I am "essential".

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
There's so many unskippable dialogue prompts it's crazy, like each time I want to show Tom nook something or use his bench I have to press extra buttons and wait for no reason. Maybe I shouldn't expect time-saving convenience in a time-sink genre?

Or...perhaps I am just not chill enough for this game

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Last night was a beautiful launch, and today is like Christmas on Saturday morning.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Rabelais D posted:

There's so many unskippable dialogue prompts it's crazy, like each time I want to show Tom nook something or use his bench I have to press extra buttons and wait for no reason. Maybe I shouldn't expect time-saving convenience in a time-sink genre?

I tend to hold B down during those, pressing it to jump to the next one, being careful not to mindlessly press it so that I lose a choice on accident by denying whatever option it just gave me. But yeah, that's kind of a staple of AC games as well.

It's so fundamentally different than almost any other game and it basically forces you to just calm the gently caress down and be patient without really any good way around it (outside of arguably time travel). It's refreshing if you can actually wrap your head around it and stop trying to constantly make significant progress.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

yeah after a while the game just screams at you "go play something else jesus we'll resume tomorrow"

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Rabelais D posted:

Ugh, I hated that in New Leaf. It actually counteracts the chill when I get annoyed at mashing through identical dialogue anytime I want to check the price on something

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Infinitum posted:

I'd like in on this gang, please.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
How do I cut down trees? I saw someone said something about eating fruit but my fruit meter is at 10/10 and I want to cut some unsightly not-fruit not-cedar trees.

e: oh, you need the Iron Axe? I can't spare any cause I'm short iron for the Nooklings! Should I grind miles for another island or?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

DACK FAYDEN posted:

How do I cut down trees? I saw someone said something about eating fruit but my fruit meter is at 10/10 and I want to cut some unsightly not-fruit not-cedar trees.

Need a fancier axe

cats
May 11, 2009
Didn't stay up last night b/c I was getting too anxious, but I'm up bright and early today. Got this sweet layout with my own private island:

My villagers are Mac and Plucky, but my fruit is apples... really don't want to reset, I love the layout and I'm not creative enough with terraforming to make my own island.

Edit: ohh shoot, I can't get the pole until tomorrow? Hmm. Well, I guess I'll just roll with it for now.

cats fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Mar 20, 2020

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Wait, the flimsy axe can’t take a tree down?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Dazerbeams posted:

Wait, the flimsy axe can’t take a tree down?

No

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

psa: you can get a shovel on day 1 by buying a nook miles flight ticket and spending an additional 100 miles on a flimsy shovel

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
How soon can you cross rivers? I picked an island with a smaller island in the middle and right now I can only access about 40% of the island at large :nyoron:

e: lol same

Pianist On Strike posted:

Didn't stay up last night b/c I was getting too anxious, but I'm up bright and early today. Got this sweet layout with my own private island:

My villagers are Mac and Plucky, but my fruit is apples... really don't want to reset, I love the layout and I'm not creative enough with terraforming to make my own island.

Edit: ohh shoot, I can't get the pole until tomorrow? Hmm. Well, I guess I'll just roll with it for now.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Frankston posted:

I just got 10k bells from a balloon present, nice!

How the heck do you grab those

My wife and I founded Gooboria this morning, a land of blue airports, cherry trees, penguins in parkas and blue reindeer. This appears good to me as my first AC ever

Now to wait out armageddon

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
so you know how you get a special edition animal crossing switch in the mail if you bought the real one?

well, it turns out it's not actually exclusive to those lucky enough to get one of those IRL because I just bought one for 35,960 bells

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Infinitum posted:

Could I please have a gang tag thank you good sir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I realize that I hate cherries so much that I don’t even want to import them to my ecosystem when the time comes. Peaches, pears, and oranges will be welcome though.