Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

KingKapalone posted:

Never played AC before. Didn't know there were different villagers, islands, fruit, etc. so I have a zebra and an anteater with pears. Played some so far but I can't tell if there's anything for me to do beyond wait right now.

- Waiting for my house to be built
- Waiting for museum guy to arrive
- I couldn't get the balloon present
- There's shiny stuff in the ground I don't have a shovel for
- I have tons of wood but nothing new to make

Am I just supposed to run around in circles doing the same stuff I've been doing for no real reason?

my friend, save up 2100 miles and fly to an island where you can buy a shovel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

You can repeatedly shake any tree and it'll keep giving out sticks every few shakes. They seem to be infinite.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Can I move my home/tent after placing it? I want to be on the other side of the river but can't get there yet

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
It's kinda loving amazing that this got delayed until March 20, 2020. From a societal perspective, there's basically no better time in history to release this game.

Actually... the timing is a little too perfect... :tinfoil:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
How long does it take for resources to regenerate?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Can I move my home/tent after placing it? I want to be on the other side of the river but can't get there yet

Yeah, you can later for 30K bells

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Man I dig up a full tree and they only offer me 240 bells.

Robbery.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I'm waiting on Amazon to deliver it today, but I have had a bad track record with launch day release pre-orders with them. I have a feeling it's gonna be delayed, or they'll attempt to deliver it then leave a card saying they'll come back tomorrow.

Is there a big update when you start the game or is it good to go right off the bat?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

a7m2 posted:

my friend, save up 2100 miles and fly to an island where you can buy a shovel

Wait what? Holy poo poo.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

gently caress yeah not only is Bill one of my starting villagers but I got peaches as my fruit. My trees have tiny butts it’s perfect

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Electric Phantasm posted:

Man I dig up a full tree and they only offer me 240 bells.

Robbery.

A full tree should be worth way more than that. I would invoke TREE LAW on Tom Nook’s scamming rear end

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Someone on Reddit said that only the "main" villager can donate to Blathers... Is that true? Kind of a bummer but I guess the other person can give the bugs to me for me to donate?

Seymour Buttz posted:

There’s actually way less unavoidable repeat dialogue in this game compared to the previous ones, and they’ve added so many time savers. Like I‘m thrilled with how quickly I can enter and exit buildings. Before, every time you entered or exited a building there was unavoidable talking from the person inside.

Also only fruit and bells stacked in the last game and you had to manually stack the fruit and manually move bells from your inventory to your bell bag.

Pretty much back in my day we had to walk up a hill both ways to get to school etc etc

This is really great to hear! I mentioned earlier that unskippable dialogue is probably the main thing that burnt me out on New Leaf.

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Infinitum posted:

:siren: Gangtag Cut-off Warning :siren:

You have 36 hours from time of this post to request this fantabulous gangtag

After that you need to buy it yourself.

Remember to say 'please' when doing so, or imma probe you.

Can I please have this gang tag too? Thank you!

compounded daily
Mar 29, 2007

:buddy:
Fun Shoe
I started playing as soon as I was able to, got all the bugs/fish necessary to get Blathers to fly over, and paid off my first loan, all before bedtime. Now I've got enough finds for the museum to get built, but my house will wait until tomorrow, because I thought I'd have to find somewhere else to put it last night when I got the offer. Overall, game good.

Volcano
Apr 10, 2008

we're leaving the planet
and you can't come

My name is Tea and I live on the island of Sugarloaf :) Everything worked out well first try – my island has :butt:fruit and a red airport, and I got my old buddy Agnes as a starting villager! Plus Roald, who seems pretty cool.

Also my partner surprised me this morning with a Bob Amiibo card so soon I get to be reunited with my BFF!!! :woop:

Your Computer posted:

also y'all better post your passports itt

Hahahahah I am also an Internet Egg.

a7m2 posted:

psa: you can get a shovel on day 1 by buying a nook miles flight ticket and spending an additional 100 miles on a flimsy shovel

Yessss, thank you!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Tender Bender posted:

Someone on Reddit said that only the "main" villager can donate to Blathers... Is that true? Kind of a bummer but I guess the other person can give the bugs to me for me to donate?
While I don't know, I do know that in local coop there's only one person that can pick up items but you can switch that person at the press of a button. Might be worth trying that to see if you can donate if you're not the "main" villager.

Question: Can I hit rocks for iron in someone else's town?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Woke up early, couldn’t sleep. Tossing and turning, staring into space and then I shot up in bed cause holy crap there’s a new animal crossing waiting for me!

Happy Friday Friends.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

It's not really Animal Crossing specific, but I figure a lot of people are in the same boat.

If you use a $60 eShop credit to get Animal Crossing, you'd have 1 cent left on your eShop balance after buying New Horizons. This game is 1 cent right now. https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/conduct-together-switch/

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Can your nintendo online friends see your character?

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Got pears and cool friends. Probably gonna check out of the thread for a while to avoid spoilers. Have fun goons!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

a7m2 posted:

psa: you can get a shovel on day 1 by buying a nook miles flight ticket and spending an additional 100 miles on a flimsy shovel

If you aren’t in a huge rush, you get the DIY for it as soon as Blathers shows up (so likely day 2 if you donate a few things to Tom)

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

I've got a unibrow sporting ...cat? And a zombie pig. Things are looking up for the island nation of Nomanisan, primary exort: pears.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Okay so, I think I need a second switch. This sharing an island thing is probably not going to work. Can I get away with only having to buy this game one time between the two of us or how's that work?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

my island EatTheRich has apples, a yellow airport, and two lameass villagers, Poncho and Agnes, but i fuckin love it

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I bought the ticket but the airport guy just says they are closed and open tomorrow? How do you do that day 1?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Infinitum posted:

:siren: Gangtag Cut-off Warning :siren:

You have 36 hours from time of this post to request this fantabulous gangtag

After that you need to buy it yourself.

Remember to say 'please' when doing so, or imma probe you.

Please please kind goon kind goon I would love this adorable tag!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

explosivo posted:

Okay so, I think I need a second switch. This sharing an island thing is probably not going to work. Can I get away with only having to buy this game one time between the two of us or how's that work?

If you buy physical, you can swap the cart back and forth, though I don't think local multiplayer will work then. Nintendo kinda wants to sell as many copes as they can and all.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

explosivo posted:

I think with the digital copy you can, but you can't have the same island between the two. I was reading an article about it last night trying to get it to work on my Switch and my son's SwitchLite, but I have to change who is the primary- will link steps later if I remember.

kakotheres
Nov 9, 2016

Do the job that is in front of you
Orange plane, oranges, muffy and scoot

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Game was determined to give me pears. I like my layout, got Diva and Goose.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Half my island is currently populated by people named Tom.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

https://twitter.com/kakinoki0722/status/1240877441289048066

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Dip Viscous posted:

You can repeatedly shake any tree and it'll keep giving out sticks every few shakes. They seem to be infinite.

thank you - i was wondering how to get more sticks, ended up going to another island to get them heh

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

DACK FAYDEN posted:

While I don't know, I do know that in local coop there's only one person that can pick up items but you can switch that person at the press of a button. Might be worth trying that to see if you can donate if you're not the "main" villager.

Thanks! As an update, the person who originally posted said after they played another day, both players were able to donate to the museum.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
I’m really not sure how I’m going to get enough iron for the store

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Macintosh HD posted:

I’m really not sure how I’m going to get enough iron for the store

Spend 2000 miles for nook tickets. The little mini-islands have 3-4 rocks apiece and also villagers to recruit

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

Some of you have done a lot!

I've, uh, caught some bugs and fish.

I got stung by hornets too!

The end.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Inu posted:

Some of you have done a lot!

I've, uh, caught some bugs and fish.

I got stung by hornets too!

The end.

Ditto

I'm not actively trying to avoid minmaxing the game but the people who are upgrading their houses in the first day have me in the dust

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So Blathers is coming tomorrow, as is my real house, anything else I should knock out ASAP on day one or is the rest of the day for miles farming and such?

Also I LOVE the fact that you can use big fish displays as tables, and put them outside, great to store as I wait for Blathers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

How much stuff are the second class citizens (i.e. not the first player) in a shared town allowed to do or not allowed to do? What stuff is locked to only the primary person?