Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Dreylad posted:

it seems like a huge mistake that china is resuming regular life stuff like basketball leagues and opening up some places, I don't know exactly what restrictions are still in place there but i can imagine that even if they have this thing under control all it takes is some dumbass from the rest of the world to wander into china and to start a second wave of the disease

someone in this thread (I think) had a theory taht at some point capital will pressure states into reopening, and they'll just ignore the deaths as they happen because number must go up!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Trump and co. saying it isn't their fault if a bunch of immigrants die from covid19 while in detention.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

my bony fealty posted:

I emerge 4 months later out of my quarantine hole to behold a world looking like Annihilation

i would love this. i'd get a cool and v aesthetic mutated form

hang out with those cool deer

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/nycjim/status/1241035723224035329

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Wrex Ruckus posted:

someone in this thread (I think) had a theory taht at some point capital will pressure states into reopening, and they'll just ignore the deaths as they happen because number must go up!

makes sense I can't imagine them keeping up a shelter order for more than a few months before people either have to ignore it or stop giving a poo poo.

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

we must close the gender mortality gap

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I don't believe in gang tags.

ik give this dork a revelation

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Bro Dad posted:

Florida Update: the golf course near me is the busiest I've ever seen it

Jesus, Florida really is going to go off like Lombardy

what a stupid loving preventable massacre

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
The spanish flu is called the spanish flu because spain was the first outbreak that went public. Some other pIaces got it first but hid it. why does it matter? Who 3”ever accused the misnomer “spanish flu” of being racist? I have no idea why this kind of thing is politicized or how pointing out that they dont actually know where the virus originated is “dunking” on me but whatever. I know these conversations are never productive and everyone gets their righteous indignation all flared up. Trump being Trump is hosed up as alway and he is definitely being a dickhead insisting on calling it “chinese virus”, but there was nothing racist about this thing being called the wuhan whatever because it first showed up in wuhan and its in fact mostly just the chinese communist mind control squad that ever even cared.

Anyways the only people getting dunked on today is the fuckin shorts

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

probably more due to higher blood pressure, obesity, smoking rate id guess?

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

Trump and co. saying it isn't their fault if a bunch of immigrants die from covid19 while in detention.

Trump: America can have little a genocide, as a treat

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Can we officially stop the crying about boomer remover? White male boomers are the worst people on the planet, if this virus disproportionately eliminates them then good.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

This is the start of a new horror genre.

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

Yes cardiovascular health directly correlates with mortality and women generally have better cardiac health than men.

a_pineapple
Dec 23, 2005

these motherfuckers trying their god damnedest to gaslight the entire nation into blame China for this administration's incompetence. and it's gonna fucken work and we're gonna be hosed because we outsourced production of all our poo poo to China. americans are so goddamn stupid loooooooool

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

screenshots of HITMAN 3 lookin good

Yuli Ban
Nov 22, 2016

Bot

SubnormalityStairs posted:

Hmm, I wonder how landlords are reacting to the biggest worldwide crisis in a century.

*checks*

Oh.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

blue squares posted:

i went to the grocery store at 7am this morning and got lots of beans but how do i cook beans? microwave???

i use an instant pot, but you could use a stove and a regular pot. just google it

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

The spanish flu is called the spanish flu because spain was the first outbreak that went public. Some other pIaces got it first but hid it. why does it matter? Who 3”ever accused the misnomer “spanish flu” of being racist? I have no idea why this kind of thing is politicized or how pointing out that they dont actually know where the virus originated is “dunking” on me but whatever. I know these conversations are never productive and everyone gets their righteous indignation all flared up. Trump being Trump is hosed up as alway and he is definitely being a dickhead insisting on calling it “chinese virus”, but there was nothing racist about this thing being called the wuhan whatever because it first showed up in wuhan and its in fact mostly just the chinese communist mind control squad that ever even cared.

Did you know: words have meaning past what's written in the dictionary. Many people can read meaning in why and how someone uses a word. It's true!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
what if a pandemic, but just for dudes

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

'Eyyyyyyy, carmella, dis-a feel like da big one! *dies*

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1241032856488550402

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

probably more due to higher blood pressure, obesity, smoking rate id guess?

Isn't smoking still pretty prevalent in Italy especially among the older population?

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

Joementum posted:

what if a pandemic, but just for dudes

Dudes Rock 2020

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

which is exactly why ice agents are risking infection to pull a few infected in

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
minnesota up to 115 confirmed cases, but they are still saying only 5 of those are confirmed community spread lol

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
as if men didn't have it hard enough, now we're getting coughmogged

Yuli Ban
Nov 22, 2016

Bot

All the New Orleans goths and vampire girls are gonna come out soon

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

How many deaths are prevented by an executive order that prevents big box stores from selling seeds, furniture, and paint?

Dreylad posted:

it seems like a huge mistake that china is resuming regular life stuff like basketball leagues and opening up some places, I don't know exactly what restrictions are still in place there but i can imagine that even if they have this thing under control all it takes is some dumbass from the rest of the world to wander into china and to start a second wave of the disease

China has mandatory 14 day quarantines for anyone coming from outside the country - including sealing your door or putting you in a temporary facility with other quarantined people

Dog Toothbrush
Oct 21, 2019

by Reene

SKULL.GIF posted:

Can we officially stop the crying about boomer remover? White male boomers are the worst people on the planet, if this virus disproportionately eliminates them then good.

lmao that this kind of poo poo is acceptable but oil and gas boy gets to cry about what I post

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Dreylad posted:

makes sense I can't imagine them keeping up a shelter order for more than a few months before people either have to ignore it or stop giving a poo poo.

I was part of a discussion a few days ago, my expectation is that this won't hold for more than a month or so and then people will demand to go about their lives. This disease simply isn't deadly enough for people to put up with it. I don't think the pressure will come from the capital owning class, I think the governments will basically shrug and decide to deal with things as they come. Long-term, the knock-on economic effects of a 4-10 month semi-quarantine (joblessness, homelessness, malnutrition, education) are going to be far more detrimental than Covid will be.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

i was just kidding, i know how to cook beans

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Salt Fish posted:

Did you know: words have meaning past what's written in the dictionary. Many people can read meaning in why and how someone uses a word. It's true!

I just really "like" some of the SA finance bros quotes sorry sorry I'm trying to delete it

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

apparently i've started going gray lol

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

hahaha god you crank out the hits

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

drat these next gen environments look awesome as hell

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

https://digg.com/2017/syphilis-name-map

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

U-DO Burger posted:

apparently i've started going gray lol

ok boomer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Crazyweasel posted:

this poo poo was going around my circles texts yesterday, now FEMA instead of last week it was DoD or something

In the office today, everyone heard it "From a State trooper" that the state borders will close.

Nintendo Uncles working overtime.