Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Got Hazel/Louie, pears, and a green airport (I think this applies to the phone colour too?) for my town. Plus an awesome island in the centre of my layout that I'm excited to terraform. Didn't even have to reset.

Is there a way to adjust sound controls in this game? Less footstep sounds and more music? I don't see an option but it wouldn't surprise me to be a Nook Miles upgrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

ecavalli posted:

From reading a number of posts in this rapidly-moving thread, I’ve gathered that peaches are the desirable starting fruit. That’s great, because I happened to get them on my first try. What I don’t understand though, is why they’re more desirable than any other starting fruit?

I think it’s more of a case of personal preference with a lot of people liking peaches for reasons such as reminding them of their first Animal Crossing town or the assfruit factor. My reason for preference is more the latter.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

i vomit kittens posted:

Reddit is pissed because apparently the secondary players don't get to do any sort of building/funding of new buildings and the game is also limited to one island per Switch

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/fluyqu/animal_crossing_new_horizons_users_reporting/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

The one island thing doesn't really phase me because my girlfriend and I were planning on sharing anyways, but it does suck that she won't get to help make major changes to the town.

My fiance ran out and bought a Switch Lite and another copy of the game because if we're going to be cooped up for who knows how long, we both want to be able to play. My step-daughter made her character in my island because it's the one that can connect to the TV, so we can put her on it while she's not doing whatever is going to resemble school work for the next three months.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

How are y'all getting to the mystery island trips on the first day? I just get told that the airport is closed until tomorrow.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Frankston posted:

How are y'all getting to the mystery island trips on the first day? I just get told that the airport is closed until tomorrow.

Starting at midnight with the digital release, so with the 5am tick-over today is day two.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

Infinitum posted:

:siren: Gangtag Cut-off Warning :siren:

You have 36 hours from time of this post to request this fantabulous gangtag

After that you need to buy it yourself.

Remember to say 'please' when doing so, or imma probe you.

Hi can I get tagged with the gang symbols please!

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

History Comes Inside! posted:

Starting at midnight with the digital release, so with the 5am tick-over today is day two.

Interestingly enough, I started the tutorial last night and put it in sleep mode to actually do it this morning. Even though time isn't supposed to pass or track in the tutorial, when the tutorial was done it showed me Nook's broadcast as if Day 2 had just started, and I have the airport already.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

lunar detritus posted:

Can your nintendo online friends see your character (without inviting them)?

Please, my future character depends on the answer. :negative:

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

shortspecialbus posted:

The island in the US Virgin Islands that has the main airport is called BEEF so I guess you know where you're located, now.

This is how I've been passing time during this pandemic, at least until 11pm last night. Minus the 'stoned' aspect.

Nice! I had no idea. That is somehow even more bizarre.

Located to the east of Tortola island...! Tortimer lives.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

The island of Earth.

Home to native Pears, a green airport, and two villagers Katt and Lyman so far.

The games great looking and so far i've been enjoying the use of the custom pro designer thing making some decals of sprites from various games.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

You press plus to open the Nook Miles+ quest menu :v:

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.

Glasgow Kiss posted:

when you have snake as a villager but you didn’t call your island shadow moses :moonrio:

Goddamnit but it probably wouldn’t fit anyways

sigh...

i keep getting card board boxes diys

I hate myself

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

https://twitter.com/Mr_Misfire/status/1241023975452315654

:monocle:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Game of the year all years.

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

ecavalli posted:

From reading a number of posts in this rapidly-moving thread, I’ve gathered that peaches are the desirable starting fruit. That’s great, because I happened to get them on my first try. What I don’t understand though, is why they’re more desirable than any other starting fruit?

I've had them in every AC game I've played, so I have to keep the tradition going. Plus: asses.

Only 5 more hours until I can go home and play this for myself! I can't wait, it's killing me.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

they spared no expense

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

i vomit kittens posted:

Reddit is pissed because apparently the secondary players don't get to do any sort of building/funding of new buildings and the game is also limited to one island per Switch

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/fluyqu/animal_crossing_new_horizons_users_reporting/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

The one island thing doesn't really phase me because my girlfriend and I were planning on sharing anyways, but it does suck that she won't get to help make major changes to the town.

Yeah my wife and I ran into this already a little. As Player 2 she couldn't give the initial donations to start the museum process/get early recipes like the axe. I had to go in and do that. It does sound like after everything's doled out and the game is open that things will be relatively the same for both players.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Need advice! My miles are precious but I must proceed. Should I buy the increased pocket size or the tool upgrade book first?

Seabhac
Sep 12, 2009
Yeah I didn't get the pear thing until now but somehow an rear end emoji would really set off the title on my passport of 'Full fledged trash'.

(They had to know what they were doing when they added trash as an option)

Sterf
Dec 31, 2004

First thing I bought in what I thought was going to be my escape from thinking about quarantine was a face mask.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Need advice! My miles are precious but I must proceed. Should I buy the increased pocket size or the tool upgrade book first?

Pocket size. Tools require iron which you probably don't have yet. I got both last night so it won't take you long to grab both recipe and space upgrade. Definitely get the tool ring too if you haven't. I'd go ring, space, tools.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

roomtwofifteen posted:

Yeah my wife and I ran into this already a little. As Player 2 she couldn't give the initial donations to start the museum process/get early recipes like the axe. I had to go in and do that. It does sound like after everything's doled out and the game is open that things will be relatively the same for both players.

This is good to hear. It sounded like people were saying any secondary player on the island would be hamstrung like this the whole time.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I got apples which isn't ideal, but Fuchsia and Pierce both seem pretty cool

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Meridian posted:

Pocket size. Tools require iron which you probably don't have yet. I got both last night so it won't take you long to grab both recipe and space upgrade. Definitely get the tool ring too if you haven't. I'd go ring, space, tools.
Thanks! That's what I figured but I wanted to be sure. I nabbed the ring immediately so good to know I'm on the right track!

And yeah, Iron is super scarce, no idea how y'all are getting so much so quick.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I got the wood for the boys' new shop super easy, but I'm only at 14 out of 30 iron. Like half of it was given to be by Boots.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Filthy Haiku posted:

Behold, my beautiful boy.

He’s like a Super Saiyan stuffed in a checkered shirt.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I got a dudebro mouse and a ...sheep? thing in a hot dog dress and burger hat. They seem pretty cool.

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Thanks! That's what I figured but I wanted to be sure. I nabbed the ring immediately so good to know I'm on the right track!

And yeah, Iron is super scarce, no idea how y'all are getting so much so quick.

How do you get the tool ring and pocket size upgrades? Sorry I'm a total AC noob. I just started on my Day 1 a few hours ago and don't see anything like that yet.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

he1ixx posted:

How do you get the tool ring and pocket size upgrades? Sorry I'm a total AC noob. I just started on my Day 1 a few hours ago and don't see anything like that yet.

You'll be able to buy them with Nook Miles at the machine in Resident Services starting day 2

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
Been catching butterflies for what felt like 5 minutes, guess it was actually an hour :kimchi:

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

Zore posted:

You'll be able to buy them with Nook Miles at the machine in Resident Services starting day 2

Oh ok. There's no way to advance the day is there? Just gotta wait? :negative:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Zore posted:

You can get them day 1, or so I have.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Frankston posted:

You can get them day 1, or so I have.

Requires paying off the first loan which you can definitely do in the first day.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Why is K K Slider speaking to me in my dreams? :tinfoil:

Ojo
Jul 4, 2003

Well... when I said that I had a plan, I meant that I have to plan... the plan.

Infinitum posted:

I would like this, please!

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
https://twitter.com/tj99er/status/1240955257443643392

e: dammit, someone already posted this

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

25min then cutoff

(Can't sleep.. Nook will eat me.. zzz)

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

ecavalli posted:

they look like butts

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

Infinitum posted:

I'll take it too, if possible!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I did it :toot: