Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Changed because of epilepsy dangers maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Teek posted:

Changed because of epilepsy dangers maybe?

No doubt.

Is there an option to remove it though, or are the blu-rays suddenly relevant again?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Well as a person with epilepsy, I certainly appreciate it.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Vinylshadow posted:

I'm curious as to how that looks in motion

Looks freaky, but I kinda dig it. Honestly, the worst part is how it just snaps back to the regular cored saber trails in the very next shot after the GIF.

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Mar 10, 2020

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
It makes it look like dark cores at certain frames.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I hate it OP

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

That looks absolutely horrible.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Madurai posted:

The droids eased effortlessly into the faceless mook role, adopting all those humanizing traits the stormtroopers had

I heard two droids in S07E01 talking about what was going on, and one of them saying "it's probably just a drill".

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

I noticed they did the same thing with some of the sabers in Rebels.
What's interesting to me is that rather than just lowering the brightness on the blades through color correction they appear to have actually gone back into the shots and lowered the blade opacity, revealing what's behind them.

I can see why they chose to do it this way - the newer movies are treating lightsabers more realistically in terms of camera effects, and have them become less opaque when there's more motion blur.

Some of it still looks a little janky though - the cores should inherit more color from the glow rather than just becoming a dim gray, and the brown blobs of the contact flares are pretty ugly, but it's nice that they went to the effort of updating the show's accessibility at all.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

mllaneza posted:

I heard two droids in S07E01 talking about what was going on, and one of them saying "it's probably just a drill".

My wife and I were laughing and pointing at the screen in stereo.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

cargohills posted:

That looks absolutely horrible.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Is that on every clone wars episode on d+? Guess I'm not getting it!

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Keeping alive the grand Star Wars tradition of messing around with poo poo that didn't need it.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Well, in brighter (:stonklol:) news, they're bringing those cool animated shorts back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duMl_c5r_kk

First 4 are dropping tomorrow, though #1 is already out:

https://twitter.com/Zcure1/status/1238209902939533313

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Mar 13, 2020

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/dave_filoni/status/1238194379916886016

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

This week's TCW felt a little... tensionless? I don't know. Kinda felt like a bunch of "cool" moments strung together now that the Echo Rescue plot has been resolved. Mace's entreaty to the droids was pretty funny, though.

Still, looking forward to the Ahsoka arc kicking off next week!

fake edit: Galaxy of Adventures eps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kjpp6TtUsGg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hawWpGLuRk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCivPYYuCI8

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I'm glad they included TIElo Ren's scream

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Catching up with the new Clone Wars and having recently rewatched some earlier episodes, I like how much of an open secret Anakin and Padme are. Basically everybody knows they’re loving.

Like, watch the episode where Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Mace ask Anakin to talk Padme into spying on Rush Clovis. All three of them know what’s up, and they’re playing Anakin like a fiddle.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Mar 14, 2020

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Wreckers joy at being given the ships self destruct was delightful.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

You wonder what the chances are that Bad Batch never got Order 66.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

AndyElusive posted:

That's a good point. I need more bad batch content tbh.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

They don't seem to have a Jedi they regularly get deployed with anyway.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

This was a nicely low-key episode. A decent number of cool understated moments too, like Ahsoka out on the platform watching the ships rise and the Twi'lek kid being the only one to notice her using the Force to save Trace.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

drat but it's good to see Ahsoka again.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Moon Slayer posted:

drat but it's good to see Ahsoka again.

https://twitter.com/slashfilm/status/1241047640319483905?s=21

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

gently caress yes. Fantastic news. Though if it's not a CGI character (please don't be a CGI character) they did a good job keeping that under wraps, since they just finished filming the season. That being said, they've shown they can be pretty good at that with Baby Yoda.

It'll be weird hearing a voice not Eckstein's playing Ahsoka. But if you can get Rosario Dawson, you loving get Rosario Dawson.

Cue rear end in a top hat nerds angry about a white actor losing a role.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
oh my :swoon:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

If this gets verified...

:tviv:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I'm afraid Ahsoka might look silly in live action

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Sciretta has a decent track record, so maybe? Rosario is cool and she’s wanted the role for some time now. It’s gonna be weird as hell not hearing Eckstein’s voice but I can definitely deal with it if the trade-off is Ahsoka branching into more than just animated shows.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I just want more Greef Karga, the perfect Star Wars character.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Going by Shaak Ti, Ahsoka's going to look scary in live action but who cares it's live action Ahsoka.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Haven't watched much since Episode 2 as I want to binge this but just saw this news.... WOW. Amazing. Perfect.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

AndyElusive posted:

If this gets verified...

:tviv:

https://twitter.com/Borys_Kit/status/1241062805291143169
https://twitter.com/Clayton_Sandell/status/1241058368078282752

At the very least, live-action Ahsoka is a lock.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

Consider me intrigued, but very skeptical for now.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Whatever The Mandalorian S2 was already gonna be the TV event of the fall so it makes sense that they’d really pull out all the stops.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I am certainly of two minds as to this development. I am simultaneously excited to see how Ahsoka would translate in live-action and unsure that that's the direction I'd want to see the plot go. I mean, it's Filoni, there's basically a 0% chance he could resist doing it, but I was kind of enjoying the glowstick-free Star War.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
It could just be a one-off cameo with Mando getting a job or info from Ahsoka. It doesn’t necessarily mean she’ll be a series regular.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Madurai posted:

I am certainly of two minds as to this development. I am simultaneously excited to see how Ahsoka would translate in live-action and unsure that that's the direction I'd want to see the plot go. I mean, it's Filoni, there's basically a 0% chance he could resist doing it, but I was kind of enjoying the glowstick-free Star War.

did you not see the ending to s1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

site posted:

did you not see the ending to s1

I had similarly-divided misgivings about that one, too.