Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

large_gourd posted:

no-one thought of the panty sniffers in the midst of all this.

Bella Delphene is out of business now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
You know we've all mentioned the importance of not touching our face but we really haven't stressed not touching our own rear end in a top hat. Now that I can't touch my face, I find my hands are ever flirting too close to the dark side.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

frogge posted:

A bunch of my coworkers called out last week and one of them even went to the doc with roni symptoms and was told to go home and self-quarantine but they wouldn't test because she's not over 50 and can't prove she was in contact with another proven case. Good job USA, this bullshit is gonna keep all of us sick.

It's been a week of staying put since work got us all working from home and I haven't caught it yet. The timeline to wait and see is two weeks, right?

Haha so we're only testing if they were in contact with a proven case... anyone else see the hole in this plan?

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Kharmakazy posted:

Full disclosure: I live in the woods and there is a cow/horse farm up the street. I called the owners and they came and got the cows before they got hit by a truck or something.

I’m the cow poop smells wafting towards your bulk horde

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Rime posted:

Do you agree or disagree that the government of China mishandled a viral outbreak and unleashed a global pandemic? What are your thoughts on the likely survival rates for Uighurs confined in the Xinjiang liquidation camps?

:thunk:

lol if you think it was some bureaucrat’s decision and not the megacorporation that didn’t want this cutting into their bottom line.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Hardawn posted:

You know we've all mentioned the importance of not touching our face but we really haven't stressed not touching our own rear end in a top hat. Now that I can't touch my face, I find my hands are ever flirting too close to the dark side.

Soon you'll have one hand cupping your balls and the other wrist deep in your bum bum

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

FriedMyBrain posted:

Gnarles Barkley has the corona virus!!!!

Crazy if true

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
NYC goons

Word from my friend in the Army is military enforced quarantine is starting this weekend, possibly Sunday. Photos are going around of troops deploying throughout the city.

He says itll be partial "Martial Law" with mostly the military aiding police to keep people inside

AccountSupervisor fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Mar 20, 2020

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Whatever dude you're probably not even a real account supervisor.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

ymgve posted:

This didn’t actually debunk the «Venice waters are clear now» part, only says that swans have always been there

The water’s clear because there’s not enough boats in the water to kick up the sediment from the canal bed, not because of pollution or whatever they said in the tweet.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

AccountSupervisor posted:

NYC goons

Word from my friend in the Army is military enforced quarantine is starting this weekend, possibly Sunday. Photos are going around of troops deploying throughout the city.

He says itll be partial "Marshall Law" with mostly the military aiding police to keep people inside

I think you mean martial law.
I saw something where people are googling marshall law and getting marshall mathers aka eminem causing people to say it should be his next album name...

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

bomb posted:

I’m the cow poop smells wafting towards your bulk horde

"That's the smell of money."

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Whatever dude you're probably not even a real account supervisor.

only took 16 years to be found out...the jig is up...i am a fraud

Dixville posted:

I saw something where people are googling marshall law and getting marshall mathers aka eminem causing people to say it should be his next album name...

The dumbest part is is I definitely wrote "martial" first and then corrected it to marshall.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Puppy Galaxy fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Aug 8, 2020

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
So if you want to know which country you need to look at after you get bored with Italy.

(I think you can decipher it enough to get it)

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Puppy Galaxy posted:

does anyone else have to bust like 3x as much? i’m pretty sure i’ve woken up every night this week with a hard on that won’t go away until i do the needful, so to speak. This is somewhat atypical for me especially when i’m eating like poo poo, drinking and getting little
to no exercise. anyway, something to be thankful for i suppose, despite the turmoil i can take solace in the fact that my dick is working better than ever.

You are probably getting adequate rest for the first time in a long time.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Puppy Galaxy posted:

does anyone else have to bust like 3x as much? i’m pretty sure i’ve woken up every night this week with a hard on that won’t go away until i do the needful, so to speak. This is somewhat atypical for me especially when i’m eating like poo poo, drinking and getting little
to no exercise. anyway, something to be thankful for i suppose, despite the turmoil i can take solace in the fact that my dick is working better than ever.

These are the quality posts for which I can always rely on Something Awful

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Dixville posted:

Clearly they were talking about this guy

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

Fenarisk posted:

Welp. All us outpatient therapists are being shuttled to inpatient now to help with the load for the next 2 weeks at minimum.

Tomorrow I spend 4 hours on the floor, and the next 4 helping set up ED tents in the parking lot :smith:

Thank you

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

Helios Grime posted:

So if you want to know which country you need to look at after you get bored with Italy.

oof

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Helios Grime posted:

what's the weather been like lately in spain because if this virus LIKES dry arid regions we're all hosed

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

AccountSupervisor posted:

NYC goons

He says itll be partial "Martial Law" with mostly the military aiding police to keep people inside

your friend is a loving lunatic, they are in NYC to create hospital space and distribute supplies for the state. Jfc

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

lmao. mayors 20 minutes late to urgent public announcement.

watch live

https://www.wwltv.com/video/news/live_breaking/live-video-new-orleans/289-1078240

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

The MD, VA, DC area still at <400 cases but I wouldn't be surprised if martial law goes into affect here soon too. Hogan's done a great job in MD but people are idiots still waiting around for food orders in a crowded chic-fil-a.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
BoJo finally closed the pubs.

I'm still on the schedule for tomorrow even though were probably not opening (we're a foodhall/bar and the vendors do delivery with a partner firm, think uber eats style, so they might still be doing food for delivery) cos our management is on the sloppy side

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Yeah they started closing pretty much as soon as he made the announcement.
My friend went straight to his local when he heard and the were ringing the bell as he entered.
P sure there will still be places open until midnight tho

Haha, I was reading that prick who owns Weatherspoons earlier saying he wasn't closing

quote:

He said: “My instinct is that closure won’t save lives but will cost thousands of jobs and create unsustainable costs for the UK.”

He really is a piece of poo poo

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/mar/20/coronavirus-wetherspoons-boss-says-uk-pubs-will-stay-open-as-long-as-possible

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Mar 20, 2020

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
got a 6 pack of good ole blue moon, gently caress my diet seeing my weiner is over-rated anyway

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

Puppy Galaxy posted:

does anyone else have to bust like 3x as much? i’m pretty sure i’ve woken up every night this week with a hard on that won’t go away until i do the needful, so to speak. This is somewhat atypical for me especially when i’m eating like poo poo, drinking and getting little to no exercise. anyway, something to be thankful for i suppose, despite the turmoil i can take solace in the fact that my dick is working better than ever.

Weirdly, yes. I’m on mtf hormone therapy and haven’t had an involuntary erection in months. However yesterday morning I totally woke up with morning wood. Very confusing.

My schedule hasn’t changed I’m just working like normal.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
This video is already old but I thought it was super interesting from a social point of view. Sorry if this was already posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMY0-4p9P-M

SpaceGoatFarts fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Mar 20, 2020

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
Got my permission slip saying my job is essential infrastructure in case MN shuts down over the weekend. ( Generic Rx Manufacturer). Nothing has changed for us except we have to sign a paper saying we don't have the Virus (how could we even know??) each day on our way in.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
luckily I just sit in my cube and read this dead gay forums anyway

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Ocean Book posted:

Weirdly, yes. I’m on mtf hormone therapy and haven’t had an involuntary erection in months. However yesterday morning I totally woke up with morning wood. Very confusing.

Can't really be helped with all the pangolinposting lately. :hmmyes:

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

wow so a guy at work who was previously a flat earther is now saying coronavirus is a HOAX. i was just like you're maaaaaad.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

QuarkJets posted:

From the beginning the CSPAM thread has been full of racism and white noise but I keep checking it because sometimes interesting information appears there. It's pretty awful

The D&D thread is full of despair posts and somehow less informative than the GBS thread, also more arguments but that's expected. I can handle the arguments but the fatalism is too much sometimes

Strangely the GBS thread is a nice middle ground with level headed moderation, who knew that a ghost haunting a death cruise could be a good mod?

D&D threads are almost always the worst of anything, and yeah, exactly because they are always the loudest sobbing section of depressed thirty something white guys on the forum.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Vashro posted:

Got my permission slip saying my job is essential infrastructure in case MN shuts down over the weekend. ( Generic Rx Manufacturer). Nothing has changed for us except we have to sign a paper saying we don't have the Virus (how could we even know??) each day on our way in.

I work in infrastructure for major companies for electrical work and it's kinda like an honor system basically. As of the time you are writing that and show no symptoms you will be fine. But if they find you on that date you had a fever for awhile and hid it; the company can punish you for it.

It's hosed up and companies are trying everything they can to push sick people away from their factories. If you are sick for any reason. Keep your rear end at home. Do not work.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

hemale in pain posted:

wow so a guy at work who was previously a flat earther is now saying coronavirus is a HOAX. i was just like you're maaaaaad.

try to agree with him and argue that italy isn't even a real country and see what his response is

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

r u ready to WALK posted:

try to agree with him and argue that italy isn't even a real country and see what his response is

i thought his flat earth stuff was funny dude but i can't even pretend to be friendly to him when it's something this serious. i did bring up italy and he mentioned how the cold kills x number of people. these people are actually insane (and dumb) and you can't win when talking to them

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

You're totally right, I shouldn't have spread misinformation like that. I took another look at Germany's numbers and the proportion of deaths to critically ill to recovered/discharged is right in line with other countries.

I think the large number of cases is just due to widespread testing as mentioned by a different goon

No worries, it is hard to find reliable information. I also just learned today that apparently Germany is one of very few if not the only country that actually fulfills the wWHO recommendation for ICU beds per capita or however you say that, i.e. we have significantly more icu beds per 100.000 people than others, which might be a factor.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
don't we have any goon dr's that can post or comment on some of the malaria medicines being used to combat it? I want to believe some of the things on twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Burt Sexual posted:

We do nightly voice chats on discord.

Is it invite only? I wouldn't mind poking my head in and saying hello with the sounds of me stuttering