Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Please do not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Relentless posted:

I am a monster who is playing Apex Legends. :(

Gay Sex Legends

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

orange juche posted:

That game is unironically pretty good and I have it for SNES.

Yeah I love that game and just recently found my original windows 95 disk for it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Hey I played Mass Effect 2 recently and it's still a good game. More Blade Runner by way of Firefly than the first game, which had the Star Trek angle, but still sweet.

Wrex is fun and his loyalty mission music is definitely a treat. And definitely a Blade Runner callback.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rGQqBNZSAs

Remember when Bioware made fun games?
If a Mass Effect game was made with the gameplay of 3 and the movement changes from Andromeda, the storytelling of 1, and the polished production values of 2, it would be unstoppable. I've never felt that a Mass Effect game has ever reached its full potential and that's sad because it is such a fascinating love letter to science fiction but it just comes close to being great and the shortcomings drag it down.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jun 4, 2019

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Arcsquad12 posted:

Hey I played Mass Effect 2 recently and it's still a good game. More Blade Runner by way of Firefly than the first game, which had the Star Trek angle, but still sweet.

Wrex is fun and his loyalty mission music is definitely a treat. And definitely a Blade Runner callback.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rGQqBNZSAs

Remember when Bioware made fun games?
If a Mass Effect game was made with the gameplay of 3 and the movement changes from Andromeda, the storytelling of 1, and the polished production values of 2, it would be unstoppable. I've never felt that a Mass Effect game has ever reached its full potential and that's sad because it is such a fascinating love letter to science fiction but it just comes close to being great and the shortcomings drag it down.

Yeah. The King is dead. Long live the King.

I have high hopes for CDPR and Cyberpunk 2077... :smithicide:

I'm going to guess again that, when they finally return to the IP, it'll be something like Anderson as the PC running around with Saren doing ~almost spectre~ stuff, pre-ME1. You get the universe everyone knows/cares about (intact), you get all of the familiar faces still alive for cameos, and you can write off new inventions as :turianass: cutting edge blackops tech. :turianass:

I've been drinking lots of water and eating Barnum's Animal Crackers while gaming, incidentally. :munch:

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Boringest Dude Anderson as the PC would suck monumental amounts off rear end.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
There is a interesting story there of a young black man facing racism in the future that has nothing to do with his skin color but I do not believe for a second the current crop of Bioware writers can't pull that off without it turning into a shitshow.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
That and there would need to be a Femderson to accommodate vicarious living through waifu in space.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I went all the way up to the Presidium to get this fish! Why should I give it to you?

I'll pay you a lot for it.

Oh, alright.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Yeah. The King is dead. Long live the King.

I have high hopes for CDPR and Cyberpunk 2077... :smithicide:

I'm going to guess again that, when they finally return to the IP, it'll be something like Anderson as the PC running around with Saren doing ~almost spectre~ stuff, pre-ME1. You get the universe everyone knows/cares about (intact), you get all of the familiar faces still alive for cameos, and you can write off new inventions as :turianass: cutting edge blackops tech. :turianass:

I've been drinking lots of water and eating Barnum's Animal Crackers while gaming, incidentally. :munch:

You have way more faith than me that Bioware will return to the series, let alone make more games before getting shutdown

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Ekusukariba posted:

You have way more faith than me that Bioware will return to the series, let alone make more games before getting shutdown

I have faith that someone is going to want to quickly/easily monetize a half-billion dollar IP...

I didn't say it'd be good. :smithicide:

You know what is good? Playing Red Dead 2 with white chocolate Kit Kat minis. :munch:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ekusukariba posted:

Bioware as you remember it doesn't exist anymore. Anyone who could put in the kind of work that would make ME1 or 2 bailed ages ago and it's now just probably awaiting Papa EA taking them for a nice afternoon walk out to the ditch.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Apparently Larian is going to do BG3. Maybe they can pick up dragon age too

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
There were some rumours about a remaster/rerelease of the original trilogy a while ago, did any info on this ever materialize?

Also I just replayed this game, where can I pick up the DLC that deals with all the sequel hooks scattered across this game? :haw:
I just wanted to see people talk about gaming food :ohdear:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

orcane posted:

There were some rumours about a remaster/rerelease of the original trilogy a while ago, did any info on this ever materialize?

Also I just replayed this game, where can I pick up the DLC that deals with all the sequel hooks scattered across this game? :haw:
I just wanted to see people talk about gaming food :ohdear:

No, and it’s a shame because I’d like to see the ME3 multiplayer make a comeback.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLz1gBKk-t8

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
next gen consoles would be a perfect time for a remake

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

This is a good opportunity for everyone to think about playing the Mass Effect trilogy again and then deciding not to five minutes into the first game

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

poisonpill posted:

This is a good opportunity for everyone to think about playing the Mass Effect trilogy again and then deciding not to five minutes into the first game

But the first one is the best one?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
For the trilogy, I find that the quality of the story decreases as the series goes on, but the quality of the gunfighting gameplay increases.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Cythereal posted:

For the trilogy, I find that the quality of the story decreases as the series goes on, but the quality of the gunfighting gameplay increases.

For sure. I have a soft spot for 1 because it gives you a huge open galaxy to explore. It blew me away the first time I played it even though the combat is a bit rough.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
remake ME1 with the combat from 3 but also make that combat better

get literally ANYONE but Bioware to do this

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Cythereal posted:

Yeah for as much as people poo poo on ME3 I've always found it to be the most fun of the OT to actually play, as a video game.

Everyone is right to poo poo on the story though

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

the story was pretty trashy but at least the me3 multiplayer extracted maximum value outta the solid gameplay

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Plus, what, two solid years of free add-ons after release?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
loving Pinocchio Geth.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aKtIkEyMf0

What'ch'all making for Quarantine Gaming?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

The years really don't stop coming. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEmJH7JsKgM

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

poisonpill posted:

spending fifteen minutes at the character creator and bailing immediately when Shepard makes the stick-in-rear end pose in the intro cutscene

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Feels Villeneuve posted:

spending fifteen minutes at the character creator and bailing immediately when Shepard makes the stick-in-rear end pose in the intro cutscene

"Oh god that's what my mouth looks like when it opens? gently caress. Back to the creator."

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the trick is to stick with it because everything about how that intro animation is framed, lit and animated is designed to make your character look as awful as possible

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Arcsquad12 posted:

loving Pinocchio Geth.

ill never forgive them for this

ME2 geth were so interesting...

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I usually just use the default male face when I play because it's the only player face you can make that looks good and human. Even default femshep doesn't get a good face in ME1 :(

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
femshep face is the price you pay for a better player character

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Femshep's preset face in 3 sucks even more than her custom faces with their fisheye looks.

This is why you don't let the community vote on stuff like character design. 3's femshep is the most paint by Numbers designed by committee looking hot topic look imaginable.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Mar 22, 2020

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Arcsquad12 posted:

Femshep's preset face in 3 sucks even more than her custom faces with their fisheye looks.

This is why you don't let the community vote on stuff like character design. 3's femshep is the most paint by Numbers designed by committee looking hot topic look imaginable.

iirc the only thing the community voted on was hair color lol

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

DrNutt posted:

iirc the only thing the community voted on was hair color lol

And hairstyle. And I remember just how toxic the fights were on the BioWare social network. If she was blonde she was a slut. If she had short hair she was a lesbian. If she had brown hair of any kind she wasn't hot enough.

So you end up with a redhead girl with goth makeup and green eyes who has the usual dead eyed stare of BioWare facial animations along with the "longing for death" appearance of a Bethesda modding waifu.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Arcsquad12 posted:

And hairstyle. And I remember just how toxic the fights were on the BioWare social network. If she was blonde she was a slut. If she had short hair she was a lesbian. If she had brown hair of any kind she wasn't hot enough.

So you end up with a redhead girl with goth makeup and green eyes who has the usual dead eyed stare of BioWare facial animations along with the "longing for death" appearance of a Bethesda modding waifu.

Which is really funny because honestly, how hard could it have been to just let the player choose a hair they liked and slap it on the face model? For that matter how hard would it have been to do that for Manshep too? If the games are ever remastered or something like that it certainly doesn't seem beyond 2020 technology.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I did appreciate the gaming food decision to make Sara Ryder look more or less unremarkable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Arglebargle III posted:

I did appreciate the gaming food decision to make Sara Ryder look more or less unremarkable.

I thought the default faces in Andromeda were quite good, it's too bad about the rest of the game tho